Was Anderson all natty before the snap?

Amazing point. I have limited knowledge of all the advantages steroids can give that being said what made Silva great wasn’t his strength or punching power it was his accuracy, reflexes, and his anticipation. That and his overall aura the guy stood in front of trained fighters hands down dancing. Think if you trained MMA all your life reached the UFC gained a title shot got in the ring and your opppnent put his hands down essentially not defending himself you threw some shots and he looked at you like you were a 6 year old. The guy killed people with his mind not steroids

I am still burnt on my guy testing positive twice, but I really wonder if he was using his whole career or not.
The reasons why I think (more like hope) he wasn't, are this...

Steroids to the best of my knowledge make you bigger, stronger, with increased stamina and mental aggression.... However I cant recall a time where Anderson won a fight just because he was the bigger, stronger, or better cardio fighter...
The attributes that made him great were technique, timing, precision, and an incredibly ballsy punch anticipation, and unless I've been misinformed, none of those 4 stats are on the list of shit that gets better with steroids.

What is the common opinion my fellow sherdoggystylers???
Isn't there a scene in his documentary where the camera person is going around his house and there is a banned substance sitting on a shelf somewhere? Probably for his kid, I'm sure.

Besides, the guy was in PRIDE. If he was clean in the UFC, he likely had to stop doping when he left Japan and came to the US.
Pic of scene or GTFO
Can't provide them. Just a distant memory. Anyone is welcome to correct me, as I may be wrong.
He had Norditropin (Growth Hormone) and a banned diuretic back in 2011 in his house.

(Timestamped; right hand side)

mrzdwx.jpg

20151014162249_novo_nordisk_novofine_30g_6mm_100tmch.jpeg

6f1e0w_medium.jpg

img-taraxatone.jpg

And this is Silva's strength and conditioning coach:
B9CCQaRIgAAwQdQ.jpg

Um....

Reaching for straws.

Unless you have proof of Anderson admitting to engaging in long term steroid use then it's mere speculation
Ok. Lets do this together

He is quoting saying that people who do steriods do them for long periods of time. He popped for steroids (twice now)

Put those two facts together and what do you get? Also see the pics in the post above this of more proof....

He had Norditropin (Growth Hormone) and a banned diuretic.

mrzdwx.jpg

6f1e0w_medium.jpg

img-taraxatone.jpg

B9CCQaRIgAAwQdQ.jpg

ok that guy is ripped but the tanning so much makes him look disgusting

listen to GSP interview on Joe rogan podcast (it's good regardless)

according to him they can help your reflexes
I hear ya man, I might be a super AS fan, but not dumb enough to be a blind defender either, that’s interesting stuff because I thought the juice was an anatomy thing, where reflexes are neurological and we don’t have the efficient drugs for that yet

Amazing point. I have limited knowledge of all the advantages steroids can give that being said what made Silva great wasn’t his strength or punching power it was his accuracy, reflexes, and his anticipation. That and his overall aura the guy stood in front of trained fighters hands down dancing. Think if you trained MMA all your life reached the UFC gained a title shot got in the ring and your opppnent put his hands down essentially not defending himself you threw some shots and he looked at you like you were a 6 year old. The guy killed people with his mind not steroids
Fuck yes my man.
Insert gif of somebody getting a medal

He had Norditropin (Growth Hormone) and a banned diuretic back in 2011 in his house.

mrzdwx.jpg

6f1e0w_medium.jpg

img-taraxatone.jpg

B9CCQaRIgAAwQdQ.jpg

Thanks. I knew it was something...

I am still burnt on my guy testing positive twice, but I really wonder if he was using his whole career or not.
The reasons why I think (more like hope) he wasn't, are this...

Steroids to the best of my knowledge make you bigger, stronger, with increased stamina and mental aggression.... However I cant recall a time where Anderson won a fight just because he was the bigger, stronger, or better cardio fighter...
The attributes that made him great were technique, timing, precision, and an incredibly ballsy punch anticipation, and unless I've been misinformed, none of those 4 stats are on the list of shit that gets better with steroids.

What is the common opinion my fellow sherdoggystylers???
I'd "like" to think that as well. I'd like to think that Anderson was trying to regain things lost by age. If this is true then I wish he would have just retired with his legacy intact. The reality is, back then, there were a lot of Brazilian UFC champions. A lot of former Brazilian UFC champions have since failed tests and in the USADA era, there have not been too many Brazilian Champions. This does not really prove anything, but it definitely creates some doubt.

I like Anderson as much as the next guy, but the evidence is pretty damning.

First, he was clearly a better fighter in his 30s than his 20s. Pride era Anderson was always considered a very good fighter, but he also had head-scratching losses to guys like Chonan. It wasn't until he was well into his 30s that he became Matrix Anderson. That's simply not a normal career trajectory.

Second, the guy popped as soon as the testing got stricter. Should we honestly believe that's just a coincidence?

Third, he popped multiple times. I think you can excuse one failed test, especially after a horrific injury like he had. But if you pop again, I think you lose all benefit of the doubt.

And just anecdotally, Anderson's head and face size have HGH written all over them.

However I cant recall a time where Anderson won a fight just because he was the bigger, stronger, or better cardio fighter...

Well, 'Bigger' is a red herring because of weight classes and the fact that size matters little in this context. He was however stronger by far than Rich Franklin, who others claimed was freakishly strong himself. One could also say his cardio is what won him the first fight with Chael, added to we've never really seen him being the fighter with less cardio than his opponent (in his prime), so that is no proof he wasn't the fighter with the better cardio.

I've been as much of an Anderson fan as anyone else, and I would really like to believe he didn't start using PEDs until the leg break, but what people put forth as 'proof' or justification either way is mostly bullshit, your argument included I must say.

I think so he was a skinny mediocre 170 then all of a sudden he jumps up to 185 all ripped and starts doing better then ever

An argument could be made that he simply stopped cutting to 170 and started fighting at a weight closer to his natural one. Also, the idea he was 'mediocre' at 170 is retarded.

Of course he wasn't. You can't be king of the mountain for YEARS in one of the best divisions in the UFC where the vast majority of his opponents (and it's fair to speculate ALL of them) were on PEDs as well during that time.

He failed the first random drug test he ever took

That says it all tbh

Still an all timer either way though

Way back in the Shooto days, not sure if Anderson was as super shredded ripped like the Japanese fighters there so lean you could see muscle fiber textures.

Isn't there a scene in his documentary where the camera person is going around his house and there is a banned substance sitting on a shelf somewhere? Probably for his kid, I'm sure.

Besides, the guy was in PRIDE. If he was clean in the UFC, he likely had to stop doping when he left Japan and came to the US.

It was syringes.

I am a Silva fan, but calling him a cheat is fair because he failed 2 tests during USADA era.

However I like to believe he was clean and age and injury made him try to revitalize his career.

Lastly, if anything I think those peds gsp said that enhanced your reflexes were the ones he was on. Silva was never a giant monster that bullied fighters around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back