Was Anderson a big PPV draw?

The only fights of his I remember being must orders were against Chael, who literally did all the work promoting them.
You tell me.

a5f443300765cc860c0b1e9ce8432636.gif

Anderson was a very solid draw, and an incredible fighter. His title run was unbelievable.

Silva barely speaks english to this day, he would had been a massive draw if he had english/trash talking skills.

Don't remember him being one, funny how Dana kept using that phrase "Anderson Silva Money"

Didnt that phrase actually came from Machida asking them "Anderson Silva money" during some negotiations?

Dana is an idiot.....Anderson was a ppv draw before the Vitor fight.

April 18, 2009 Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites UFC 97 650,000
August 8, 2009 Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin (co) UFC 101 850,000
April 10, 2010 Anderson Silva vs. Demian Maia UFC 112 500,000
August 7, 2010 Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen UFC 117 600,000
February 5, 2011 Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort UFC 126 725,000

Quoting my own post for possible rebuttal: Penn was on some of the cards. That is a valid point.

He was a medium-level draw. He sold tickets, but not nearly at the same level as Brock, Conor, Ronda, and GSP.

The only fights of his I remember being must orders were against Chael, who literally did all the work promoting them.
Silva drew 300-500k on non-stacked cards. He only drew more than that when champions or big names were on the card.

Case and point: UFC 162 only drew 550k.

Do you mean would it sell 650k again?

Yeah, maybe. It wouldn't do bad.

UFC isn't in a low because it simply is. Stars like Anderson, Conor, GSP can change that.

Are stars born or made?

Are stars born or made?

Strange question, do you have a strong opinion on this?

I would say both. You can be born with star qualities, charisma, charm, relationships, ect.

Your actions, success and trials can almost make you a star.

Out of the goat candidates for PPV draws it goes:
1). GSP
2). Jones
3). Anderson
4). Fedor

Silva drew 300-500k on non-stacked cards. He only drew more than that when champions or big names were on the card.

Case and point: UFC 162 only drew 550k.

Silva/Chael fights drew over 500k and those cards definitely weren’t stacked

He was a medium-level draw. He sold tickets, but not nearly at the same level as Brock, Conor, Ronda, and GSP.

Most of the fight card Silva main event weren't stacked. Unlike Ronda or Brock who always had help with the co main event

Definitely not a hater, just wanted to get sherdogs opinion on Anderson’s drawing power.
Not you, bud.
Those who point Maia fight as if Silva did not fill out that arena in Abu Dhabi....

yes, SIlva had blunders, but overall he is one of the fighters who has more highlight wins than anyone else these haters root for.

Says maybe the biggest hater on this board.
awww a triggered butthurt...
Who did I hate on? (or read it: Whom did I speak the truth about that you did not like so it got you triggered???)

Most of the fight card Silva main event weren't stacked. Unlike Ronda or Brock who always had help with the co main event

UFC 193 was stacked?

UFC 116 was stacked?

UFC 207 was stacked?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Silva/Chael fights drew over 500k and those cards definitely weren’t stacked
Except no one, save for maybe Conor, could promote a fight like Chael, which is why citing those PPVs is giving too much credit to Silva.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back