Was ali foreman fixed?

Bro that's your opinion. That's it. I love how you down play Mayweathers accomplishments lol. It is what it is. We can agree to disagree. Though I presented actual evidence for my argument.

And of course Ali comp was more dangerous he was hw.. That's a duh statement. Does not take away from what Floyd did.

And your Harvard community college comparison already displayes your bias.

Question: Who out of Ali and Floyd has beaten more hall of fame boxers??

Judging athletic greatness is largely a matter of opinion. Its weird that you don't understand that. The fact that you're in the minority here says a lot.

That would speak to level of competition wouldn't it??

There are gradations within the HoF. THe question is, how many Top 10 all time greats in the various weight divisions has Floyd defeated? Ali has beaten Foreman, Liston (twice), Frazier (twice). His record against top 10 all time Heavyweights is 5-1. And that's not factoring in all the other hall of famers he beat. Just the top 10 ALL TIME guys.

Judging athletic greatness is largely a matter of opinion. Its weird that you don't understand that. The fact that you're in the minority here says a lot.
Maybe because I'm basing my opinions off facts not opinions? And being in the minority means nothing lmao general opinions are usually wrong. Like I said I've stated my case. You all stated your opinions. FYI Ali's own daughter admitted Floyd was technically the better boxer. So idk? What you guys are talking about.

Maybe because I'm basing my opinions off facts not opinions? And being in the minority means nothing lmao general opinions are usually wrong. Like I said I've stated my case. You all stated your opinions. FYI Ali's own daughter admitted Floyd was technically the better boxer. So idk? What you guys are talking about.

You're not responding to any of the points I've made. "I'm basing my opinion on facts!" is not an argument.

I'll give you an example of where your logic is flawed. Earlier you admitted that Ali had more dangerous competition. If that's true, does it make sense to judge by quantitative length of accomplishments rather than a mix of quantitative and qualitative? You're calculating a simple average when you should be calculating a weighted average.

What? Cotto Mosley Hatton and pacquiao to name some aren't very good? In terms of the 140 division?
Canelo, De la Hoya, Gatti, Maidana, Marquez coupled with the people already mentioned isn't too shabby.

I'm on no ones side on this one but using the ibhof isn't a brilliant starting point. Ali beat a lot of great fighters, mayweather too, Ali in today's sport would be a superstar and would be knocking people out like David haye and Tyson fury...

You're not responding to any of the points I've made. "I'm basing my opinion on facts!" is not an argument.

I'll give you an example of where your logic is flawed. Earlier you admitted that Ali had more dangerous competition. If that's true, does it make sense to judge by quantitative length of accomplishments rather than a mix of quantitative and qualitative? You're calculating a simple average when you should be calculating a weighted average.
Ali had more spectacular career defining moments than Floyd.
But really... Floyd was so good he didn't really have to take the risk (risk that added to his greatness) Ali did.
I mean they both had special careers and if it sounds like I'm trying to play Ali I'm not. I literally have his pic hanging on my wall as we speak.
But Mayweathers career has been fcking ridiculous. People don't like him but he's accomplished amazing things in the ring. He is not the Goat but he is one of the goat. He may be the best technical boxer ever and clearly has some of the best defense ever.

Floyd fought a lot of guys out of their prime , I believe he did this on purpose ( can't blame him). Oscar was well out of his prime and still gave Floyd fits , cotto as well , Marquez (one of my favorite Floyd performances ), pacquiao (his soul was taken by Marquez). Both Castillo and maidana beat him in their first fights but Floyd got the gifts. I love Floyd but you got to call for what it is , Ali faced every killer when they were most feared

You have provided no evidence for your argument besides opinion. I ask you post a comparison of achievements and you did not. How does that constitute you schooling me??
You sound stupid af.
<{nope}>

All you guys are doing is posting opinions which I care nothing about. You "like" Ali more is all.
Ali:

Floyd:
Minor world titles
The Ring magazine titles
Lineal titles
Honorary titles

So please explain again how Floyd is no where near as accomplished as Ali??

Here I'll explain.

Floyd is no where near as accomplished as Ali.

Fin.

Listons pretty clearly gets hit. His head jolts......now whether or not it should have put him down for 10 is the question

nice vid. He definitely knocked Liston down. Liston was a bit of a broken man, mentally, by then... I think he just wanted the easy paycheque.

Canelo, De la Hoya, Gatti, Maidana, Marquez coupled with the people already mentioned isn't too shabby.

Gatti ???

Hahahahhahahhahhahahhahhahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahhah

He went life n death with Maidana. Marquez got cheated with AND fought him above his weight. Canelo was green n weight fked. Old Fishnets so scared lil Flo that he retired himself and hid till the bad man left.

Ali never retired, he took a lil break to make the big bad US Gubment apologise for stepping to him n then came back fought the Fight of The Century in Joe Frazier.

That's what's up, lil man.

Floyd fought a lot of guys out of their prime , I believe he did this on purpose ( can't blame him). Oscar was well out of his prime and still gave Floyd fits , cotto as well , Marquez (one of my favorite Floyd performances ), pacquiao (his soul was taken by Marquez). Both Castillo and maidana beat him in their first fights but Floyd got the gifts. I love Floyd but you got to call for what it is , Ali faced every killer when they were most feared

And besides Liston, he faced all of them when he was past his prime!

I'm on no ones side on this one but using the ibhof isn't a brilliant starting point. Ali beat a lot of great fighters, mayweather too, Ali in today's sport would be a superstar and would be knocking people out like David haye and Tyson fury...

Ali beat all-time greats, Floyd beat generational greats. Big difference.

Ali beat all-time greats, Floyd beat generational greats. Big difference.
Hi, I said I'm on no ones side on this and that Ali would be a superstar today. Not sure who you're talking to.

@Oscaraps allow me

Hey @s karlyle here you go. Refute this, you lil weasel.

<36>

Faulty math is faulty.

A big reason why lil Floyd has "taken the least amount of damage" and "undefeated career" is he's never faced killers like Joe Frazier and George Foreman. That too, in their prime and not his.
In his prime, he faced an all time Godzilla named Sonny Liston and made look like a 14yr old bully fighting his father. His superbly conditioned and unconditionally slaying-his-mom-in-a-one-night-stand father. Twice. Legend has it that ppl still can't believe their eyes and in some forums, stupid posters still gather and whisper in corners that he had some cheat code on or something.

Neither has lil Floyd fked around in the HWT divisions. It's cute he shoulder rolled his way through the manlet divisions and briefly flirted with the high school weights but HWT is where the real men fight. Where fighters break faces with a single jab or turn fights around with one punch. Where the most boring champs in recent history have KO percentages in the 90s.

Neither did he avoid anyone. Even when he had no business fighting them in the last stages of his career. Guys like Earnie Shavers and Ronnie Lyle. Guys who still rank high in the Top 50 most murderous punchers ever. Olympic champions like Spinks, atg young ascendant and hungry HWT champions like Larry Holmes.
He didn't pull no "I'm retired-no I'm not" BS like May - DLH, or last second gloves / weight shenanigans like vs Maidana / Marquez or straight up ducked the prime of what was THE opponent of your career in Paquiao. He gets ZERO credit from me for waiting 5 years and till somebody else flatlined him and then fighting him.
Oh he made a record amount of money ? Who dafuq are you ? His accountant ? His girlfriend ?
Grow up.

Ali made a shit ton of money too. He was the richest boxer too .....of his time.
50 years from now, the best boxer of that time will be fkn depressed if his big fight only pulls 4million buys. Circle of Life.
And btw, here's a Lifetip sonny boy. It's not how much your earn. It's how much you keep.
It's too early for GOAT smartest / richest of all time.
Mike Tyson was worth 400 mill. So was Holyfield. They recently took out a loan to finance a pot to piss in.
Geniuso over here already bankrupted himself once. He's barely 12months into his "retirement".

Ali brought them in the ring. Laughed in their faces and told to fk right off and drew them a road map on how where to achieve that goal. He did this all while ducking and dodging their punches (not their attempts to get him IN the ring) and in such a manner that even his opponent's women folk threw their juiced up panties on him as he walked out if there. He KOed every one of them he could, tried on every he couldn't and gave props n rematches to every one who got over on him.
That's a MAN.
You want smart ? I ain't got no quarrel with no Viet Cong. Another ? No Viet Cong called me N.
^thats smart.
Smart is standing up for your beliefs by sitting down when society pressures you to go against it.
Smart is knowing that the future will vindicate you in history.
Smart is giving every man a chance at the crown knowing that a true champ can't do anything less.
You fight that man the moment he says he ready to win not when you think he's ready to lose.
Mine and your definition of smart really differs.

For me....Ali by making history beating the gubment + fighting every single challenge ever + making the most money at his time + giving money's worth to every viewer ever for all time + winning Olympic Gold (fk your Bronze) + making yourself The Voice of Your Age and The Face of Your Race and a Cultural Icon + making a row future Presidents giggle like lil girls (Mayweather ? Lol) + being the benchmark against whom all future champions get measured (and not expected to beat) + being every fighter's (in any sport), every rapper's and most every aspiring sportsmen / kid's idol + a guaranteed never to be forgotten name + being the most recognizable and admired face in the world (Times magazine did a study) + making Saddam Hussein blush like a teenager at his first date + rescuing a bus load of ppl when threats of Tomahawks, precision dropped into the asshole, failed to work + beating SuperMan (see it the bestselling comic SuperMan vs Ali) + being a person so widely loved by all that just seeing him being old and going old man stuff was enough to make normal ppl cry + being the sort of person that if our kids had even a small percentage of his good qualities, they'd make the world a better place and be a source of pride for us + a whole list of other shit = smartest boxer ever.

I could gô on but neverdafuqmind.

tl;dr
you're wrong
/end thread.
@Oscaraps allow me

Hey @s karlyle here you go. Refute this, you lil weasel.

<36>

Faulty math is faulty.

A big reason why lil Floyd has "taken the least amount of damage" and "undefeated career" is he's never faced killers like Joe Frazier and George Foreman. That too, in their prime and not his.
In his prime, he faced an all time Godzilla named Sonny Liston and made look like a 14yr old bully fighting his father. His superbly conditioned and unconditionally slaying-his-mom-in-a-one-night-stand father. Twice. Legend has it that ppl still can't believe their eyes and in some forums, stupid posters still gather and whisper in corners that he had some cheat code on or something.

Neither has lil Floyd fked around in the HWT divisions. It's cute he shoulder rolled his way through the manlet divisions and briefly flirted with the high school weights but HWT is where the real men fight. Where fighters break faces with a single jab or turn fights around with one punch. Where the most boring champs in recent history have KO percentages in the 90s.

Neither did he avoid anyone. Even when he had no business fighting them in the last stages of his career. Guys like Earnie Shavers and Ronnie Lyle. Guys who still rank high in the Top 50 most murderous punchers ever. Olympic champions like Spinks, atg young ascendant and hungry HWT champions like Larry Holmes.
He didn't pull no "I'm retired-no I'm not" BS like May - DLH, or last second gloves / weight shenanigans like vs Maidana / Marquez or straight up ducked the prime of what was THE opponent of your career in Paquiao. He gets ZERO credit from me for waiting 5 years and till somebody else flatlined him and then fighting him.
Oh he made a record amount of money ? Who dafuq are you ? His accountant ? His girlfriend ?
Grow up.

Ali made a shit ton of money too. He was the richest boxer too .....of his time.
50 years from now, the best boxer of that time will be fkn depressed if his big fight only pulls 4million buys. Circle of Life.
And btw, here's a Lifetip sonny boy. It's not how much your earn. It's how much you keep.
It's too early for GOAT smartest / richest of all time.
Mike Tyson was worth 400 mill. So was Holyfield. They recently took out a loan to finance a pot to piss in.
Geniuso over here already bankrupted himself once. He's barely 12months into his "retirement".

Ali brought them in the ring. Laughed in their faces and told to fk right off and drew them a road map on how where to achieve that goal. He did this all while ducking and dodging their punches (not their attempts to get him IN the ring) and in such a manner that even his opponent's women folk threw their juiced up panties on him as he walked out if there. He KOed every one of them he could, tried on every he couldn't and gave props n rematches to every one who got over on him.
That's a MAN.
You want smart ? I ain't got no quarrel with no Viet Cong. Another ? No Viet Cong called me N.
^thats smart.
Smart is standing up for your beliefs by sitting down when society pressures you to go against it.
Smart is knowing that the future will vindicate you in history.
Smart is giving every man a chance at the crown knowing that a true champ can't do anything less.
You fight that man the moment he says he ready to win not when you think he's ready to lose.
Mine and your definition of smart really differs.

For me....Ali by making history beating the gubment + fighting every single challenge ever + making the most money at his time + giving money's worth to every viewer ever for all time + winning Olympic Gold (fk your Bronze) + making yourself The Voice of Your Age and The Face of Your Race and a Cultural Icon + making a row future Presidents giggle like lil girls (Mayweather ? Lol) + being the benchmark against whom all future champions get measured (and not expected to beat) + being every fighter's (in any sport), every rapper's and most every aspiring sportsmen / kid's idol + a guaranteed never to be forgotten name + being the most recognizable and admired face in the world (Times magazine did a study) + making Saddam Hussein blush like a teenager at his first date + rescuing a bus load of ppl when threats of Tomahawks, precision dropped into the asshole, failed to work + beating SuperMan (see it the bestselling comic SuperMan vs Ali) + being a person so widely loved by all that just seeing him being old and going old man stuff was enough to make normal ppl cry + being the sort of person that if our kids had even a small percentage of his good qualities, they'd make the world a better place and be a source of pride for us + a whole list of other shit = smartest boxer ever.

I could gô on but neverdafuqmind.

tl;dr
you're wrong
/end thread.

not bad

Back