Was ali foreman fixed?

no.

I have always considered it the greatest moment in sports history

but no, not fixed. It was pure brilliance from Ali and showed why he was probably the smartest boxer in the ring in the sports history.

no but ali, by that stage of his myth and career did tend to leave judges and refs seeming to favor him. Zack Clayton definitely seemed to favor Ali. It happens, sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's just a guess. Eddie Cotton was definitely giving Tyson every break he could against Lewis and it didn't help a bit because Tyson wanted out.

no but ali, by that stage of his myth and career did tend to leave judges and refs seeming to favor him. Zack Clayton definitely seemed to favor Ali. It happens, sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's just a guess. Eddie Cotton was definitely giving Tyson every break he could against Lewis and it didn't help a bit because Tyson wanted out.

That Lewis Tyson fight was just a let down. And, to be fair Lewis was holding on so much, it was ridiculous. Wasn't he docked a point for all the holding?

I don't believe Ali Foreman was fixed but Ali vs. Liston 2 was a work for sure. The phantom punch NEVER landed.

I don't believe Ali Foreman was fixed but Ali vs. Liston 2 was a work for sure. The phantom punch NEVER landed.
Listons pretty clearly gets hit. His head jolts......now whether or not it should have put him down for 10 is the question

That Lewis Tyson fight was just a let down. And, to be fair Lewis was holding on so much, it was ridiculous. Wasn't he docked a point for all the holding?
hell ya it was a letdown, lots of people were hoping mike could pull it off and he did have that punchers chance. I don't recall Lewis having a point taken away but i wouldn't doubt it. He was fighting a smart fight, leaning on him, tiring him out but I think Tyson was done more or less after the first round. He made a rally late in the fight and cotton was doing everything he could to favor tyson but tyson himself wanted out, the final shot didn't even kayo him, he was letting the ref count him out. A crooked ref can change the outcome of a fight. Some say Mills Lane bent over backwards to favor Cooney when he fought Holmes, no place in the sport but it happens.

no.

I have always considered it the greatest moment in sports history

but no, not fixed. It was pure brilliance from Ali and showed why he was probably the smartest boxer in the ring in the sports history.
Mayweather..

Mayweather..
Mayweather is up there certainly

But mayweather never pulled off anything like what Ali did in Zaire

Fighting against the p4p hardest puncher in the history of boxing, who was in his physical prime, psychologically had the edge as he had blown away two opponents (Frazier, Norton) who had beaten Ali, and who was basically the most demonic figure in sports at that point.

Ali grossly past his prime, ( yes Ali was passed his prime basically as soon as he came back from his exile. Completely different fighter from the Liston/Williams days vs the Frazier/Foreman days)

AND STILL Ali beats him. But he doesn't do it with power or speed or even boxing ability in a traditional sense. He outsmarts him. Completely, utterly outsmarts one of the 5/6ish greatest heavyweights ever and the hardest puncher in the history of boxing.

Throws right hand leads in the early rounds to piss Foreman off, knowing that its a complete insult to even throw right hands leads at a professional, let alone land them.

Than he rope a dopes. His trainer the great Angelo Dundee is literally screaming bloody murder at him to get off the ropes. But from rounds 3-7 Ali stays on the ropes baiting Foreman. taunting him even while Foreman is throwing absolute bombs at him. Shots that would have Ko'd any other hw in history. And Ali when he gets his opportunity is firing back with fast combinations. Nailing Foreman in the face, than covering up immediately, brilliantly manuevering along the ropes blocking Foremans best blows.

Than in round 8 sensing that Foreman is spent, he unleashes the famous 4 punch combo dropping him for the finish.

Its still probably the greatest performance i have ever seen in boxing. Never seen anything like it before. Ali was disgustingly out of his prime at that point, and still he was fighting on equal footing and beating all of the hw's of the golden era. Frazier, Norton, Quarry, Young, Patterson, Lyle, and Shavers.

Ive always thought his best four wins were ( in order)
Foreman
Frazier (third fight)
Liston
Between Norton/Patterson

The Foreman fight though to me is his finest hour without question.
Literally at every disadvantage possible and still he pulled it off.

Listons pretty clearly gets hit. His head jolts......now whether or not it should have put him down for 10 is the question

The camera jolts away just as he's hit. It doesn't look like his head jolts back. The video is time stamped by the way.

No.

Foreman got cut in sparring a few weeks earlier. Therefore, he couldn't train for a little while.

That, plus having to fight at like 3:00am local time probably exhausted George.

A fighter out of "fighting shape" and exhausted is a recipe for an upset.

The camera jolts away just as he's hit. It doesn't look like his head jolts back. The video is time stamped by the way.

Im not sure what your trying to show with the video. In mine which is in slow mo you an pretty clearly see the punch land and Sonnys head move from it...

Edmond-Tarverdyan-bio.jpg

*A wild and very random Muraledmond Ali appears*

Back