Warrior Diet/Intermittent Fasting...

Freestyler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
After a week or so of research on this so called diet.. I have started it today. I will be keeping a diet log on what/how I'm doing. I'm also switching up my weight lifting program from 5x5 to 5/3/1 and will keep that logged also along with my typical day/mma training. I eat relatively clean anyway aside from my alcohol abuse. I work full time selling + play hockey once a week + train bjj/mma/boxing. I tend to consider myself extremely active. Quick info:
Age - 24
Height - 5'10"
Weight - 165-166 day/night, 162-163 morning
BF - Dunno, maybe below 10%, I'll attach a pic later.
Goals - To lean out a few pounds, stay more disciplined, cut away (a lot) of alcohol. Hit the 1000 club by fall with the BWeight of 159.

Last edited:
Stopped eating last night around 8:30.. Had skyline as my last 'not clean' meal before the new diet... Stayed relatively full. I awoke around 10am today and wasn't hungry at all till about noon but went to the gym. Here's the day so far broken down. I'll be getting a lot of my calories today when I go to my dads for dinner prior to hockey.
10am - woke up
- 16oz of water
12.3pm - Caffeine/nootropic mix + Multi + Aminos
1pm - BJJ/Gi + 3 rounds of sparring/boxing
3pm - 5oz of Chicken tenders with 1 slice of wheat bread(250cals)
Half of a choke,peanut butter, sandwich(175cals)
(4) Medium carrots(80cals)
4pm - PreWorkout(anarchy+larginine)
4.3pm - Lift(military+shrugs) - first time doing military so I have my 1rm @ 95... I may raise it more in the second cycle
Military - 45x5; 55x5; 55x5; 65x5; 75x5; 85x5; 45x3x10
Shrugs - 135x5; 225x5; 225x5; 225x5; 225x5(I know he says to do assistance in 3x10 but I will never do high rep shrugs)
6pm - (2) 2oz Chicken Thighs w/ Bone(236cals)
4oz of pulled pork, no bun(150cals)
Small Salad w/ just Light Italian(75cals)
7.3pm - (1) Chewy Granola Bar(110cals)
8pm - Caffeine/Nootropic mix
8.3pm - Hockey for 75 minutes
10pm - (2) 2oz Chicken Thighs w/ Bone(236cals)
(1) Large apple(75cals)
11pm - Melatonin before bed
-------------------------------------------------
Total Calories = 1387cals in 7.5 hours

Thoughts... I feel I should have eaten more but I honestly was not that hungry. Sometimes when I'm busy and very active, I tend to not think of food at all. I got some pretty serious shits right before hockey. Don't know if it was because of the minor changes to make this diet work or if it was the pork or if I was just dehydrated. I ended up drinking a gatorade prior to my nootropic right before hockey and I felt fine all game. All in all, not a hard diet. 10pm is a little late to be eating but still earlier than my 12am/1am feast, so I don't feel guilty. Would like to get it down to 9pm. I also typically drink a protein shake once a day, so add about 100 cals for that.

Last edited:
You're wasting your time.

Fasting is NEVER a good idea to lose fat. And it's very unhealthy

Any research behind this? I've literally read way too much on why it's good, I couldn't begin to think where to start. Plus, it's only 16 hours of no food(fasting might be a term commonly used), basically you skip breakfast(which I'm sure you'll say is the most important meal, etc).

Here is a more recent article... Routine periodic fasting is good for your health, and your heart, study suggests

Last edited:
Woke up @ 161.6... Assuming the pound of loss was due to the fact I didn't eat after 10pm and had a relatively active day yesterday. Today I work 1-9 so getting my lifting in earlier than normal. Feel great, no lag in my wake up, I think the smell of dog piss helped too.

9.3am - Woke up
10.3am - 2000mg of glycerol mono w/ electrolyte mix + 2000mg L-Arginine + Anarchy(preworkout)
11am - Deadlifts + Walking Lunges
Deadlifts - 135x5; 155x5; 185x5; 205x5; 225x5; 265x5; 155x3x10
Lunges - barx3x10 uphill/driveway
12pm - Protein shake(185cals)
3pm - (2) 2oz Chicken Thighs w/ Bone(236cals)
(4) Tbspoons of Peanut Butter(360cals) - GUILTY pleasure
(1) Medium Corn on the cob(65cals)
Multi-vitamin
6.3pm - Lean Michelina Spaghetti(320cals) - Wish I would have made chicken butttt worked all day...
9pm - 5oz of grilled chicken tenders on 2 pieces of wheat bread(350cals)
10.3pm - Melatonin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL = 1516 Calories

Felt fine all day. Had normal energy through lifting and throughout my day at work.. Need to incorporate more veggies into my diet(just not a fan of them..) but I do like peas and lima beans. Hated eating a tv dinner for mid dinner but there will be days where I will need them because of my work schedule. Hopefully I get up to lift in the morning in time before work and hit the gym after for some bjj.

Last edited:
Woke up pretty easy. I'm really digging this melatonin kick.
Weight: 162
7.3am - 2000mg of glycerol + 2000mg l-arginine + preworkout
8am - Bench + BOR
Bench 135x5; 135x5; 135x3; 135x5; 155x5; 175x5; 135x3x10(real easy but I'm following the schedule+tweaking it some)
BOR 135x3x10
9.3am - Protein shake(185cals)
1.3pm - Lean Michelina Salisbury Steak(180cals)
3pm - 5oz Chicken Tenders(151cals)
Light Yogurt(100cals)
5.3pm - Quaker Bar(100cals)
6.4 - Nootropic/Caffeine
7pm - Circuit Training(ground n pound, sleds, kick shields, etc) + NoGi Jits
9.3pm - (2) Decent sized bowls of spaghetti/chili
8oz of 90/10 ground beef(400cals)
4oz of spaghetti(400cals)
chili mix(130cals)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total = 1646cals + 90oz of water

Today was just a long day. Woke up early as balls to lift--> had a rough time through the morning at work to NOT eat. 9-7 is a long shift on a slow day + I did not take a lunch till 3 because my dogs. That's why I brought the michelina meal because I didn't grill my chicken till 3pm(marinating in italian+fresh jalapenos). I didn't lose energy and felt very good at the gym aside from my legs being sore from deads yesterday. As you can see my body was ready for some food by the time I got home. Just about 50% of my calories which does not bother me or make me feel guilty(luckily). I will be going up to the lake on Saturday, so get ready for that log. I very well may(try) post every drop of alcohol I drink + shit food I eat. :)

Last edited:
Are you thinking of narrowing the feeding window as you get more acclimated?

Are you thinking of narrowing the feeding window as you get more acclimated?
Possibly.. I want to see how my body reacts here over the next couple weeks. Personally, I feel 8 hours is too long, however, it fits my schedule very well because many nights I'm not home till 9'sh. If I could make it through the day longer... like 2-3pm first meal and run a 7 hour window then dwindle to a 6 hour window, could be ideal. Tonight I didn't get home till 9:40 from BJJ so I ate till about 10. My body is already leaning out but that typically happens when I quit drinking alcohol. lol

The melatonin before a long overnight fast is a fantastic idea. Normally I don't post in the logs because I don't want some assuming I'm soliciting for business, but this is worth mentioning. If you want to maximize the anti-oxidant properties of the melatonin, try to get close to 10 hours of sleep. This allows for the serotonin-melatonin cycle to reach the stage of prolactin production. Prolactin is a potent white blood cell generator, and basically, your immune system will be operating at full blast.

The melatonin before a long overnight fast is a fantastic idea. Normally I don't post in the logs because I don't want some assuming I'm soliciting for business, but this is worth mentioning. If you want to maximize the anti-oxidant properties of the melatonin, try to get close to 10 hours of sleep. This allows for the serotonin-melatonin cycle to reach the stage of prolactin production. Prolactin is a potent white blood cell generator, and basically, your immune system will be operating at full blast.
Appreciate it. I feel special now, lol. All seriousness, I never knew that so I do appreciate it. I'll try for 10, it's hard to get a solid 8 now because I have an 11week old lab/boxer/shep and while he's getting much better, he's up around 6am. But the worse I can do, is try. I'm only taking 3mg now and have had people who do take it say they take at least 5mg. Right now it has helped purely with the quality of sleep over the "tired" state of mind others have spoke of.

Had a pretty weak ass day. Woke up and went straight to work, worked a 12 hour shift when it was supposed to be 10 so I didn't get to mow the lawn and run like I was planning. I didn't eat like shit, which is good, but I still feel guilty because I always do @ least something semi productive bcause I have a home gym+regular gym. Tomorrow could be just as bad because I work 11a-10p so I'll probably do squats in the morning and save roadwork for Sunday so I can burn off all of the alcohol calories/carbs from my consumption Saturday.

Weight: 163(figured it would be because the late night chili)

8.5am - Woke up + Multivitamin
1pm - Choke Sandwich(350 cals)
3pm - 4oz of Chicken Tenders(115cals)
(1) Cup of Baby Grean Peas, no salt(140cals)
(2) Carrots(100cals)
4.3pm - Trail Mix Bar(140cals)
6pm - Leftover Bowl Chili/Spaghetti(300cals)
9.3pm - 6oz Chicken Tenders+(1) Slice of Wheat Bread(300cals)
Hot Dog(110cals)
(1/2) Choke Sandwich(175cals)
10.3pm - Melatonin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL = 1515cals + 80oz of Water

Felt fine, just a super busy day. Girlfriend couldn't come home to let the dogs out so I had to break my lunch into twos(noon+3pm). Worked a lot, made money, just feel guilty for no exercise but I'll be fine. Took caffeine throughout the day but don't feel its relevant to post when, etc.

Last edited:
Appreciate it. I feel special now, lol. All seriousness, I never knew that so I do appreciate it. I'll try for 10, it's hard to get a solid 8 now because I have an 11week old lab/boxer/shep and while he's getting much better, he's up around 6am. But the worse I can do, is try. I'm only taking 3mg now and have had people who do take it say they take at least 5mg. Right now it has helped purely with the quality of sleep over the "tired" state of mind others have spoke of.

Usually with melatonin, less is more. Life extensionists use absurd amounts of it JUST because it's arguably THE most potent antioxidant you can use. But I myself only use 2.5 sublinguals and it works fine.

And I hear ya on the dogs. We have 2 border collie/jindo mixes that start getting uppity because she fed them at 7:30am, now I do.

Sorry to anyone who might of been following this but I've had a busy weekend/past days.. Got hammered up @ the lake, didn't eat horrible but drank a lot of beer. Had grilled chicken+green peppers+onions for dinner on Saturday night, absorbed some alcohol to proceed through the night. Had McDonalds on Sunday because I was still drunk when I woke up for the car ride. Then I proceeded to purchase another Honda, so I've been real deep into that the past couple days. Haven't really eaten much because my focus has been deep into that. I'll break yesterday+today down tonight.

I would to try to cut the window to 6 hours atleast. I did this diet with a 4 hour window for about 2 and a half weeks strict as can be. Stopped because I felt like I should, gonna start up this sunday with a 3 hour window. But I am on the other side of the spectrum cuz I'm trying to lose weight. I suggest a smaller window because the "benefits" of this diet is when your body is in the fasting or the bulking state and the 8 hour eating window seems way too long to actually get your body in those states. IMO.

Diet plan plays an important role and it should be very accurate and balance that is suitable . My diet plan is
1. Corn flakes in breakfast with 2 eggs
2. Chicken Sandwich in lunch with Milk shake
3. Green tea at 4:00 pm
4. Chicken curry and rice with salad in dinner

Diet plan plays an important role and it should be very accurate and balance that is suitable . My diet plan is
your joking right? Anyway, I'll be following this log closely. Wish ya luck

131089557959.jpg

12pm - Woke up + PreWorkout
1pm - Bench, Close grip rows, OverHead Squats
2pm - PostWO shake(250cals) + multi + fish oils + glucosamine + 5g Creatine
3pm - Banquet Meal(300 calories)
Ham Sandwich(250 cals)
4.3pm - Nootropic Mix + 200mg caffeine
5pm - 3.36km in 24 mins
6pm - Chicken Caesar Salad(200cals)
9pm - (2) Pieces of buttered wheat toast(200cals)
10pm - Sex
12am - Sex
6 to SLEEP - 1000 CALS in beer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL = 1950 Calories.

Back onto the IF diet for some while. It honestly fits my work schedule with retail so it's typically easier than a normal diet. Outside of today, I won't drink till the weekend so I'll get more calories from food(less full w/o beer). I've been lifting but as far as cardio and mma goes, I haven't had time in almost a month now to train. Have a Jitsu tourney jan 21 and hopefully will fight FEB_MARCH.

Please tell me you're joking because I would have to ask WTF are you talking about.
I mean really, WTF.
Are you like a an anorexic?

Freestyler- I'll be keeping a track of your progress.
I tried the IF briefly last week, and now I'm trying it a bit more strictly since Monday.
My feeding window ties in with the food schedule where I am, but it runs from about 12.00 until 19.00, with 2 feedings. Unfortunately, it's usually bar o clock for a few hours afterwards.
I may have to throw another one in with a sandwich or something as I'm probably not hitting the calories required for someone at 88kg.

I can't turn down coffee in the morning though, but there's barely any calories in coffee especially without sugar and milk, so will see how it goes.

Please tell me you're joking because I would have to ask WTF are you talking about.
I mean really, WTF.
Are you like a an anorexic?

Freestyler- I'll be keeping a track of your progress.
I tried the IF briefly last week, and now I'm trying it a bit more strictly since Monday.
My feeding window ties in with the food schedule where I am, but it runs from about 12.00 until 19.00, with 2 feedings. Unfortunately, it's usually bar o clock for a few hours afterwards.
I may have to throw another one in with a sandwich or something as I'm probably not hitting the calories required for someone at 88kg.

I can't turn down coffee in the morning though, but there's barely any calories in coffee especially without sugar and milk, so will see how it goes.

My 2 cents ,as someone who does IF, don't consume anything besides water during your fast period.

As soon as your stomach starts digesting something it fucks up the fast (might as well start eating), at least in my experience.

Back