Warren Spector was Once Working on a Command & Conquer RPG with EA

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Command and Conquer may have received something like a new lease on life as of late, but during the long years that the franchise had been left to rot, lots of things happened. Such as, for example, a Command and Conquer cancelled RPG game!

That's not even the best part, mind. The best part is that it was supposed to be headed by none other than Warren Spector - the man behind Thief: The Dark Project, System Shock, and Deus Ex! This Command and Conquer RPG was sadly dismissed by EA.

It was going to look a lot like Deus Ex," he said. I had a lot of the gameplay and the vision was there. It was going to be set in a very different world."

Spector continued: "That choice and consequence and recovery style where you could see a problem, pause, make a plan, execute, see the result, make a plan, execute... all that stuff that made Deus Ex Deus Ex, and the deep narrative."

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/command-and-conquer-rpg-warren-spector-ea#

lol fuck off EA. im sorry guys but this is why im no longer buying shit from EA. This sounds super fucking awesome...

Eh, everything went down the tubes shortly after EA bought out Westwood.

Tbh, probably would have sucked like the c&c fps game did.

Hopefully Anthem fucking implodes and EA lose their ability to ruin studios/IPs.

we dont know exactly which C&C world that would be set in tho

tiberium wars would make sense but i would prefer a RTS game because thats what made the franchise so good, not some RPG game

@GhostZ06 how's it going bud, I have the Blackstone Fortresss coming, looking forward to building them and playing it.

RIP Maxis. They made awesome games and then got closed down.

Never was a big C&C fan.

Didn't Renegade have some RPG elements?

Nah that would suck. Don't want BioWare to go down like that.

Where have you been? They have 1 game in the last near 4 years since Dragon Age Inquisition...Mass Effect Andromeda. Boy what a great game that was...not. How about before Inquisition? C&C Generals 2 and Warhammer Online.

The studio is already trashed. I could see that back in 2011 when they released SW:TOR with half its budget on voice acting, Dragon Age II and Legends. The days of KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights are over.

Where have you been? They have 1 game in the last near 4 years since Dragon Age Inquisition...Mass Effect Andromeda. Boy what a great game that was...not. How about before Inquisition? C&C Generals 2 and Warhammer Online.

The studio is already trashed. I could see that back in 2011 when they released SW:TOR with half its budget on voice acting, Dragon Age II and Legends. The days of KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights are over.

My point was is that we should give Anthem a chance first. Mass Effect Andromeda might just be an anomaly.

You guys are so quick to make a knee jerk reaction without seeing the forest for the trees.

If Anthem is as bad as people predict then we can mourn BioWare.

My point was is that we should give Anthem a chance first. Mass Effect Andromeda might just be an anomaly.

You guys are so quick to make a knee jerk reaction without seeing the forest for the trees.

If Anthem is as bad as people predict then we can mourn BioWare.

I think the person making the knee jerk reaction is the one not reading the posts...which is you seeing as how I showed that they have only made 1 good game in near a decade.

I think the person making the knee jerk reaction is the one not reading the posts...which is you seeing as how I showed that they have only made 1 good game in near a decade.

Im not the one encouraging BioWares downfall. Gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8.

Last edited:
Back