Warren Buffett's Idiocy on Immigration

How much did inflation raised the last time the MW was raised?

I don't know but I don't see how its a fair comparison, seeing as the last hike in minimum wage was a fraction of what is being proposed for the next hike.
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2017/01/15-minimum-wages-will-substantially-raise-prices

KEY POINTS
  1. Most minimum-wage employers are small businesses. Their profit margins are too small to absorb large wage increases.
  2. Economists find that businesses pass minimum-wage costs on to their customers by raising prices. Consumers, not business owners, bear the burden.
  3. The poor and middle class spend more on goods produced by minimum-wage workers than the wealthy do. Consequently, minimum wages raise prices more on the poor and the middle class than the wealthy.
  4. Accounting for price increases shows that minimum-wage increases transfer little net wealth to low-income families. More low-income families lose through higher prices than gain from higher wages.
  5. Recent studies claiming that minimum-wage increases have little effect on fast-food prices made highly unrealistic assumptions. More realistic assumptions show that a $15 mandate would raise fast-food prices by one-fourth and eliminate 900,000 fast-food jobs.

The thing about farm work, is that if you didnt grew on it, its actually pretty hard. Its a lifestyle on itself.

I can assure you, even if it pays a little bit better, there is no guarantee they will fill the gaps and there is no guarantee that those filling the gaps would be as productive.
Americans work on oil rigs and in coal mines, I think they can handle farm work
Spikes on MW dont increase prices, they increase unemployment.
In this case it would lead to a decrease in unemployment.

For Americans at least. For illegal Central American immigrants? Maybe not so much.

Americans work on oil rigs and in coal mines, I think they can handle farm work

In this case it would lead to a decrease in unemployment.

For Americans at least. For illegal Central American immigrants? Maybe not so much.

1.- I do judo im pretty sure i can handle boxing right? how hard can it really be.

2.- An increase in minimum wage wont increase employment.

1.- I do judo im pretty sure i can handle boxing right? how hard can it really be.
Why not, Fedor did it.
2.- An increase in minimum wage wont increase employment.
Refer to my first comment. I wasn't talking about MW but drawing a comparison between the switching from employing illegal immigrants to Americans to a rise in MW as the wage floor increases in both scenarios.

So yes, employment would decrease because instead of 10 illegal immigrants a farm might only be able to afford 4-6 legal American workers. But that decrease in overall employment leads to an increase in American employment because its the illegal immigrants who lose out.

What?
I hate Putin. I hate Clinton. I hate Trump. I hate you and anyone stupid enough to support these corrupt idiots.
I thought you were going to drop a Dr.Seuss rhyme for a second

"I hate Putin, I hate Clinton
I hate Trump, I hate badminton"

Why not, Fedor did it.

Refer to my first comment. I wasn't talking about MW but drawing a comparison between the switching from employing illegal immigrants to Americans to a rise in MW as the wage floor increases in both scenarios.

So yes, employment would decrease because instead of 10 illegal immigrants a farm might only be able to afford 4-6 legal American workers. But that decrease in overall employment leads to an increase in American employment because its the illegal immigrants who lose out.

1.- Indeed because he studied for it, i wonder where are the farmer trade schools around.

2.- Most likely they will be replaced by foreign producers.

3.- Or the farm goes broke and nobody gets employed now.

1.- Indeed because he studied for it, i wonder where are the farmer trade schools around.
Are you kidding me? Illiterate Central Americans can do it but the science of farming is too much for Americans? Lol!
2.- Most likely they will be replaced by foreign producers.

3.- Or the farm goes broke and nobody gets employed now.
Or maybe we don't need to exploit Central Americans to feed ourselves and Americans will take up the work. Where I live some people pay to pick their own fresh vegetables, I'm certain there would be plenty of kids who'd love to get paid $8-$10/hr picking strawberries.

Are you kidding me? Illiterate Central Americans can do it but the science of farming is too much for Americans? Lol!

Or maybe we don't need to exploit Central Americans to feed ourselves and Americans will take up the work. Where I live some people pay to pick their own fresh vegetables, I'm certain there would be plenty of kids who'd love to get paid $8-$10/hr picking strawberries.

1.- Honest question, have you ever picked a shovel?

2.- How much do you think strawberry pickers earn?

1.- Honest question, have you ever picked a shovel?
Yes, plenty of times. Pick axes are worse IMO.

Very weak tactics Rod, maybe stick to the discussion instead of trying to discredit the speaker.
2.- How much do you think strawberry pickers earn?
No idea tbh. Most of what I've personally seen of illegals working in the US is in construction. My dad would hire them for $10/hr. Before he started hiring illegals he would hire legal immigrants for $15-$20/hr IIRC.

Warren Buffet is overrated. He's just jealous that Trump has 10x the charisma, intelligence and business acumen in his pinky than Buffet will ever have.
That's why Trump has 3b while buffet has 50+ b?

Yes, plenty of times. Pick axes are worse IMO.

Very weak tactics Rod, maybe stick to the discussion instead of trying to discredit the speaker.

No idea tbh. Most of what I've personally seen of illegals working in the US is in construction. My dad would hire them for $10/hr. Before he started hiring illegals he would hire legal immigrants for $15-$20/hr IIRC.

1.- Im just wondering considering you claim there are tons of kids who want to do repetitive menial labor that would certainly break them in half. I have worked among Ag workers working for an Ag researcher, i can safely say that no its not a job for everyone and thats the simplest jobs.

There are other jobs like being a cowboy that certianly do require a trade know-how, even if these people never went to high school, rest assured that i cant ride a horse, much less take a herd of cows to pasture.

2.- Most Ag workers get paid by the job done, so the more experienced ones can pull more than minimum wage.

1.- Im just wondering considering you claim there are tons of kids who want to do repetitive menial labor that would certainly break them in half. I have worked among Ag workers working for an Ag researcher, i can safely say that no its not a job for everyone and thats the simplest jobs.

There are other jobs like being a cowboy that certianly do require a trade know-how, even if these people never went to high school, rest assured that i cant ride a horse, much less take a herd of cows to pasture.
I don't imagine many Americans would suddenly make careers out of fruit picking, I just imagine it would be one of the jobs that young people take early on to make money before they've invested the kind of time in their skills to move on to better work.

Besides, as I said earlier there are Americans willing to work on oil rigs and coal mines which are far more dangerous than the job of a fruit picker. Those jobs also pay more but for good reason. Personally I'd never want to work in a coal mine or an oil rig but I might consider fruit picking if I had to.
2.- Most Ag workers get paid by the job done, so the more experienced ones can pull more than minimum wage.
So why can't those wages go to American workers? I'm sure the farm owners wouldn't want that because even if the wage is the same the American worker employed within the law has rights and protections that an illegal immigrant does not. But I would imagine if farm owners are already willing to pay over MW it wouldn't break the bank to pay American workers.

I don't imagine many Americans would suddenly make careers out of fruit picking, I just imagine it would be one of the jobs that young people take early on to make money before they've invested the kind of time in their skills to move on to better work.

Besides, as I said earlier there are Americans willing to work on oil rigs and coal mines which are far more dangerous than the job of a fruit picker. Those jobs also pay more but for good reason. Personally I'd never want to work in a coal mine or an oil rig but I might consider fruit picking if I had to.

So why can't those wages go to American workers? I'm sure the farm owners wouldn't want that because even if the wage is the same the American worker employed within the law has rights and protections that an illegal immigrant does not. But I would imagine if farm owners are already willing to pay over MW it wouldn't break the bank to pay American workers.

Again, how much do you think they earn?

http://www.latimes.com/local/great-reads/la-me-strawberry-pick-20130503-dto-htmlstory.html

These are not jobs generally sought by citizens. Last year, the North Carolina Growers Assn., which helps farmers such as Barr fill out the H-2A paperwork, spent $98,000 on advertising for the 8,000 jobs its members were seeking to fill. Just over 250 U.S. workers applied for the jobs, but 70 never showed up, about 180 quit in the first two days, and just 10 finished the season.

"That's the frustration; the whole program is set up to give preference to U.S. workers," said Lee Wicker, the group's deputy director. "But U.S. workers don't want to do these jobs, and I don't say I blame them."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-guest-worker-20130331-dto-htmlstory.html#graphic

Its not like they hire illegals because they want to save an few bucks.

Who is against immigration of skilled people? No one of significance. His argument is a joke.

The allies would win WW2 regardless. The atomic bombs were used to finish off japan but that's it, they were done already.
Trump is not banning European migrants either, just people that never contributed shit to the US.

No one really listens to Buffett except on a few stock tips. He's like Mark Cuban. Liberals act as if everyone has their ears for them. No one cars.

Now if Bill Gates or someone says something specific about tech, they may listen.

Have you ever heard a fratboy or business leader say how smart Mark Cuban is? Never.
102440333-3e62afec931d4bde69c140662646756f41efe4b4.600x400.jpg

Old Man Cuban stumped by new kid on the block Trump.

Fratboys think Trump is hip & Cuban is an old man.

Warren Wee Wee got the Bernie Cuck Bow down to pat.

pm5s67dz86dx.jpg

Back