Warner Bros. Planning NIGHTWING Movie

The sad part is their films would be making a helluva lot more money if they focused on quality instead of jamming all these characters together.

Batman v. Superman should've been the highest grossing movie of all time just based on the premise alone. The two most popular superheroes of all time going at it. All it needed to be was good and exist for its own sake. Instead they made it an incoherent mess with a nonsensical plot, solely to set up Justice League in a single movie.

it seems like more of a cash grab approach than Marvel's.

sheeesh....

you can say that marvel is vanilla however they've established a sort of business plan for their franchises and pretty much stick to it, attaching characters here and there where it makes sense (spidey).

How about Kit Harrington for Nightwing? He is a bit on the short side though.

Or the guy from Underworld Theo James. He is english, and proper and trim, but I am sure they can rough him up a bit

edit:

Theo James is Greek or part Greek.

Last edited:
in canada we use the word aboriginal as well. im half aboriginal ;)
giphy.gif

If Colton Haynes is a bit taller be perfect.

Edit, I am watching an episode of Chicago PD. I think Jesse Lee Soffer

Last edited:
Update: February 23, 2017

Warner Bros. Planning NIGHTWING Movie With LEGO BATMAN MOVIE Director

wZzfG7Z.jpg

Warner Bros. is plotting a new DC superhero film based on the Batman-centric character Nightwing.

Chris McKay, who most recently directed the Lego Batman Movie for Warner Bros., is in negotiations to helm the new film, and Bill Dubuque (The Accountant) is writing the script.

Nightwing, aka Dick Grayson, is perhaps best known for being the original Robin. Grayson was the youngest member of a family of acrobats known as the "Flying Graysons." He was created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger and illustrator Jerry Robinson, and first introduced in Detective Comics #38 in April 1940. After his parents were murdered, he was taken in as the legal ward of Bruce Wayne/Batman. He then became Robin and teamed up with Dark Knight on many an adventure to fight crime in the city of Gotham.

Grayson famously shed his persona in the 1980s as the character aged up, and became the leader of the Teen Titans. (In the DC Universe, a succession of young men took on the mantle of Robin while Nightwing became a popular character in his own right, headlining his own comics and appearing in animated movies.)

McKay has already directed a film with Dick Grayson in it: The character appeared in the LEGO Batman Movie, as Robin, and was voiced by Michael Cera.

The character of Robin has yet to officially appear in the new Warner Bros. movies, although his graffiti-covered suit was shown in Batman v. Superman, and director Zack Snyder has said that at that point in time Robin had been killed by the Joker (there have been multiple Robins over the years in the comics, and Snyder did not say which one was killed by the Joker in his film). It's unclear where this new Nightwing story will fit in on the timeline.

Warner Bros. Plotting 'Nightwing' Movie With 'Lego Batman Movie' Director (Exclusive)

Color me surprised. Good news, glad they're issuing a movie not already mentioned or that had a cameo in movies so far. But i guess the Batman movie will have mention of him at least.

like the director and writer

love the character
will wait and see before getting more stoaked

im a DC guy and not huge on the marvel movie verse...that said the majority of their movies have blown the Dc ones away

I would rather see nightwing on arrow. Shame that's not going to happen.

Update: September 27, 2017

NIGHTWING Director Talks Casting, Promises a "Fucking Badass Action Movie"

lTEtCrM.jpg

Chris McKay: "It’s gonna be a fucking badass action movie with a lot of heart and emotion. It’s gonna be a crazy, fun ride. Whoever gets cast as Nightwing, and any of the other actors around, are gonna go through a fucking boot camp experience because it’s gonna be a lot. I’m not gonna do a lot of CG. It’s gonna be all real shit. It’s gonna be real stuntwork, and they’re gonna need to do all of the stuff on camera and do it credibly.

For the cast and the crew, it’s gonna be a visceral experience, and for the audience. It’s not gonna be like a lot of these movies where there’s a lot of CG and flying, and things like that. Everything he does is gonna have to be real. His superpower is being really [frick]ing good, as a human being, at fighting and gymnastics and shit like that, so you’re gonna see that on screen. It’s gonna be fun!

I’m a big comic book fan, and being able to do the story of Nightwing, to do a Dick Grayson story, which is a character that every single person in the world knows, but has never really had a lot of screentime. I’m a big fan of underdog stories, and he is one of the biggest underdog stories in comics. And he’s a character that I grew up with. I like the arc.

I've turned down films because they were backed into a release date that made it difficult to make a great film. This isn't going to be like that. I want this movie to blow you away. We need time to get it right.

No one has been cast yet. We are taking our time. We are going to cast a wide net because we need to find the perfect person. We need to get the script right. We need this to movie to blow your mind."

'Nightwing' Director Promises A "F***ing Badass Action Movie" And A "Visceral Experience" For Fans

Update: November 4, 2017

Could POWER RANGERS Star Dacre Montgomery Be Up for NIGHTWING?

sBLY2Af.jpg

Earlier today, Dacre Montgomery (Power Rangers, Stranger Things season 2) took to his social media accounts and posted a photo of Nightwing with nothing but an ellipses for a caption. What made things a lot more interesting was that Montgomery deleted it 20 minutes after posting it. Many actors like Tyrese Gibson and Titans very own Ryan Potter have campaigned for DC and Marvel roles in the past with very little luck, so this could easily mean nothing.

DN1QTJpUEAAjOiq.jpg:large

Rrmor: Could Power Rangers Star Dacre Montgomery Be Up For The Lead Role In Nightwing?

Update: November 4, 2017

Could POWER RANGERS Star Dacre Montgomery Be Up for NIGHTWING?

sBLY2Af.jpg

Earlier today, Dacre Montgomery (Power Rangers, Stranger Things season 2) took to his social media accounts and posted a photo of Nightwing with nothing but an ellipses for a caption. What made things a lot more interesting was that Montgomery deleted it 20 minutes after posting it. Many actors like Tyrese Gibson and Titans very own Ryan Potter have campaigned for DC and Marvel roles in the past with very little luck, so this could easily mean nothing.

DN1QTJpUEAAjOiq.jpg:large

Rrmor: Could Power Rangers Star Dacre Montgomery Be Up For The Lead Role In Nightwing?

Darce looks like Boyd Holbrook. Both just arent dark enough.

sheeesh....

you can say that marvel is vanilla however they've established a sort of business plan for their franchises and pretty much stick to it, attaching characters here and there where it makes sense (spidey).

Exactly. While DC's business plan seems to be, throw enough shit at the wall and some of it is bound to stick, guys!:rolleyes:

Back