"Warm-Up fight" ??!! GTFO

eyenomas

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
What nonsense. How is the opponent of 'warmup' fight supposed to feel about this. Is he supposed to lose? Goats don't need 'warmup' fights. How insulting, to the fans, to the opponent, and to the sport. In addition, leaving the ME of a card up in the air based on what some constant in-competition and out of competition rules violator feels is completely asinine.

images

How else is he gonna learn how to fight clean????

Things have changed since his last fight.

People who have never fought or reached championship level say you need a warm-up fight. Jon Jones isn't listening to these morons. Dominik Cruz said ring rust was an illusion. GSP is jumping right in with Bisping and guys are writing him off. Top guys believe in theirselves so if you think you need a warm-up fight, then well they aren't a top guy.

Last edited:
Ali was suspended for nearly 4 years. His very first fight back was a bout against Jerry Quarry, who was the #1 heavyweight contender.

People who have never fought or reached championship level say you need a warm-up fight. Jon Jones isn't listening to these morons. Dominik Cruz said ring rust was an illusion. GSP is jumping right in with Bisping and guys are writing him off. Top guys believe in theirselves so if you think you need a warm-up fight, then well they aren't a top guy.

Cruz took a warm up fight.

It's a bad choice of words, call it a contender fight and all is well

What nonsense. How is the opponent of 'warmup' fight supposed to feel about this. Is he supposed to lose?

He's supposed to feel exhilarated at the opportunity and do his very best to win.

What nonsense. How is the opponent of 'warmup' fight supposed to feel about this. Is he supposed to lose? Goats don't need 'warmup' fights. How insulting, to the fans, to the opponent, and to the sport. In addition, leaving the ME of a card up in the air based on what some constant in-competition and out of competition rules violator feels is completely asinine.

has more to do with business than competition. Dana doesn't trust him to headline a ppv/title fight unless he can prove so without fucking it up. dude has cost the ufc too much money/distress in the past to take any chances.

Definitely a double standard. Some Jones fans verbally jerking him off as the real champ for two years+, say he smashes DC and then support a warm up fight.

Then tore his ACL in December 2014 after that fight you moron.

I'm sorry, but you're clearly wrong, and an angry little girl. Have a nice day, spazzing out on your keyboard like an impotent little geek.

No he didn't. He tore his ACL, rehab'd, 1.5 year lay-off, then fought TJ.

Yes. He tore his other ACL, rehab'd it during his 1.5 year layoff..... After his warm up fight with Mizugaki, which was after his previous 3 year hiatus.

It's a bad choice of words, call it a contender fight and all is well

so far as i can tell, only Okamoto used the words "warm up fight" in a tweet. Dana didn't, DC didn't, and Jones hasn't spoken.

but they've taken on a life of their own.

but fuck all that. if Jones cannot fight in July because of injury or previous engagement, or his camp thinks it's too soon, or he wants another fight before taking on the champ, then who the fuck are sherdoggers to rip him for it? and i'm not a Jones fan, fanboy, nor hater (though i lean closer to hater probably) - i'm just a reasonable fight fan that thinks so-called "fans" like TS are dumbshits and have no clue what they're talking about.

Back