Warhammer 40k

just give a new Warhammer Space Marine game and lets pretend Eternal Crusade never happened (i know i still try to forget that abomination)

just give a new Warhammer Space Marine game and lets pretend Eternal Crusade never happened (i know i still try to forget that abomination)
Space Marine was heretical to the core.

how dare you, apart from the abysmal multiplayer mode i thought the game was awesome
It was a fun shooter, but it shat on the lore heavier than Peter Griffin after an extra large portion of Mexican food.

It was a fun shooter, but it shat on the lore heavier than Peter Griffin after an extra large portion of Mexican food.
its been a while since i played it but i cant recall anything lorebreaking about the story

smurfs land on a forge world which is under attack by orks, you kill orks, you meet some inquisitor dude who secretly is a chaos worshipper, your character seems to be a psyker?, you fight chaos lord while falling down and supposedly you both die

its been a while since i played it but i cant recall anything lorebreaking about the story

smurfs land on a forge world which is under attack by orks, you kill orks, you meet some inquisitor dude who secretly is a chaos worshipper, your character seems to be a psyker?, you fight chaos lord while falling down and supposedly you both die
Your protagonist behaves nothing like an ultra smurf captain. Also he doesn't die but is instead taken for inquisitorial interrogation.

What is name of game, and are these dedicated FPS, or just certain missions?

Name's in the title of the videos but first one was "Space Hulk" (really old for the Atari 3DO) and the second one was "Space Hulk:Deathwing" which is relatively new. There's been other's in between such as "W40k: Fire Warrior" (where as you might guess you play as a Fire Warrior).

I can be down with third person, but has to be good. I dont want one like Gears of War, or Mass Effect. I prefer more in line with the old desktop PC Jedi Knight or MOTS style third person.

Have you tried Space Marine? In my opinion the best W40k games so far (albeit that isn't saying much) have come from Relic software. DoW 1 and 2 were good. Space Marine was okayish. DoW 3 was serviceable.

But really we are talking about a licensed property into a game here (eg. Movie games) so these tend to be more miss than hit.

Your protagonist behaves nothing like an ultra smurf captain. Also he doesn't die but is instead taken for inquisitorial interrogation.

he was boring, as smurfs usually are ;)

bit offtopic here but did anyone see this new upcoming warhammer fantasy game called Warhammer Chaosbane? for an alpha it looks pretty good

that looked pretty cool from the footage.. cant stand the new hampshire accent that guy has though

Name's in the title of the videos but first one was "Space Hulk" (really old for the Atari 3DO) and the second one was "Space Hulk:Deathwing" which is relatively new. There's been other's in between such as "W40k: Fire Warrior" (where as you might guess you play as a Fire Warrior).

Have you tried Space Marine? In my opinion the best W40k games so far (albeit that isn't saying much) have come from Relic software. DoW 1 and 2 were good. Space Marine was okayish. DoW 3 was serviceable.

But really we are talking about a licensed property into a game here (eg. Movie games) so these tend to be more miss than hit.

The first is the old-school Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels. The second is Space Hulk: Deathwing. The first is a hybrid RTS/FPS, the second is a pure FPS.

Why they calling it Space Hulk? I sounds like a Marvel title.

I want a turn or real time strategy game where I can conquer planets, slaughter xenos and exterminatus.

Doesn't have to be that hard

Think master of Orion meets 40k

Why they calling it Space Hulk? I sounds like a Marvel title.
A Space Hulk is a conglomeration of ships and other detritus that gets jammed together and fused. They typically spend a lot of time in the warp and are a hotspot for weird shit, like daemons and genestealers. They are extremely dangerous, but can contain relics and important technology so they are always charted when they are encountered and usually have expedition teams sent to them.

Last edited:
Warhammer? I feel like its too bigoted with its theme of toxic masculinity and extreme patriarchy. I think they need to fix it by including more women, colored, and LGBTQ people. Its also offensive that they go on Crusades and is very intolerant to other species and cultures.

Apparently there's big news coming tonight.
Warhammer-40000-Wh-Песочница-фэндомы-Rogue-Trader-4671821.jpeg

Article summarizing NOVA reveals [LINK]. Lots of stuff, none that really interests me personally. Here's the other ork dude:
NovaReveals-Aug29-Trike6dhyx.jpg

Back