Warhammer 40k

And think of the glorious techno-barbarian models. It would be pure 70s-80s heavy metal cheese!
Yes! Techno-barbarians! That would be so awesome! Conan the barbarian with a chain axe, how cool would that be?

And think of the glorious techno-barbarian models. It would be pure 70s-80s heavy metal cheese!
Exactly. A lot there to possibly explore. And not just the techno-barbarians, but also the Empz eventually alliance with Mars. They briefly touched on imagery of it in the HH Mechanicum book but an actual in depth look at that time would be interesting.

What'll be interesting with this new push in 40K is whether they'll go ahead and allow the throne to fail, which should allow the Empz to pass away and be reborn cause you know he's an eternal like Vulcan. So, what happens with the Emperor back, Primachs back, Necrons, Chaos, 'Nids, Eldar, Orks and Tau running around.

Oh yeah, and C'tan unless they've been recon'ed out.

I don't care which Primarch is next, I'm just thankful they've moved the stale, static timeline/meta-universe along. They're also pushing the HH series toward the assault on Terra finally. I guess they've figured they've wrung as much patience out of the fans as possible on that one.

What I would really like to see is an in-depth series about the Wars of Unity like they've provided for HH. Imagine possibly learning about how Malcador and the Empz started their relationship. Or reading about the development of the Thunder Warriors. All of that jazz. Yep, I think a series on the Wars of Unity would be delicious.

i do ! i Vulkan must live!!!

What'll be interesting with this new push in 40K is whether they'll go ahead and allow the throne to fail, which should allow the Empz to pass away and be reborn cause you know he's an eternal like Vulcan. So, what happens with the Emperor back, Primachs back, Necrons, Chaos, 'Nids, Eldar, Orks and Tau running around.

Oh yeah, and C'tan unless they've been recon'ed out.

There is a powerful C'tan that is still around that floats around the outside of the galaxy know as the outsider....apparently the mechanicum has seen him floating around via deep-space sat images. Spooky ass fucker

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Outsider

Remember the void dragon is on mars, well rumored

There is a powerful C'tan that is still around that floats around the outside of the galaxy know as the outsider....apparently the mechanicum has seen him floating around via deep-space sat images. Spooky ass fucker

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Outsider

Remember the void dragon is on mars, well rumored
See, that's what I want. I want the Void Dragon to wake up split the Mechanicum. Half believe the Emp is the Omnissiah and stay with him and the other sides with the Void Dragon.

See, that's what I want. I want the Void Dragon to wake up split the Mechanicum. Half believe the Emp is the Omnissiah and stay with him and the other sides with the Void Dragon.

so there is a rumored to be a vult containing blue prints and one of the few remaining if not the only remaining STC inside of it. Apparently anyone that goes in the vult never comes out, and is rumored to be the chamber of said voice dragon

I doubt it's the chamber of the VDragon. The Guardian wouldn't let anyone in unless it was time for a replacement Guardian. If we're taking Dark Universe, I could see Guilliman's pet Mechanicus savant creating a new order of STC's to handle the Primaris marine equipment. Remember, he's innovating. If he's good enough to fix the gene flaws in the SM's as well as enhance the over what the Emperor did as well as develop newer armor, weapons, vehicles, etc. Then he can likely handle STC's as well.

Or he's tapping into the Akashic records like the VDragon Guardian could.

If you get into the whole Heresy story you really need to listen to First Lord of the Imperium if possible. Audio short about Malk and his dying astropath. Some big reveals in the story.

Malks over 6k years old.

Apparently Unity wouldn't have happened without his guidance for the Emps.

It was always planned for the Astartes and Primarchs to be cast aside like the Thunder Warriors.

The Emps and Malk manipulated their rivalries to eventually get them to kill each other off and turn against the Emp so they could be finished off but Chaos threw a monkey wrench into the plans by fucking their time table.

There is a comment about those that couldn't be manipulated were dealt with. I assume this is a reference to the x2 missing Primarchs and their legions. Guess the Emps and Malk couldn't pull their strings like the others.

Some real interesting stuff thrown out there. I know in the new Dark Imperium settings Guilliman comes back and speaks with Emps. Apparently he was really put off with the conversation and got some real insights into how the Emps really viewed them as nothing more than tools. Wonder if he finally saw what a sociopath the Emps is/was...

Last edited:
25353784_150811965548083_196160507190775297_n.jpg

If you get into the whole Heresy story you really need to listen to First Lord of the Imperium if possible. Audio short about Malk and his dying astropath. Some big reveals in the story.

Malks over 6k years old.

Apparently Unity wouldn't have happened without his guidance for the Emps.

It was always planned for the Astartes and Primarchs to be cast aside like the Thunder Warriors.

The Emps and Malk manipulated their rivalries to eventually get them to kill each other off and turn against the Emp so they could be finished off but Chaos threw a monkey wrench into the plans by fucking their time table.

There is a comment about those that couldn't be manipulated were dealt with. I assume this is a reference to the x2 missing Primarchs and their legions. Guess the Emps and Malk couldn't pull their strings like the others.

Some real interesting stuff thrown out there. I know in the new Dark Imperium settings Guilliman comes back and speaks with Emps. Apparently he was really put off with the conversation and got some real insights into how the Emps really viewed them as nothing more than tools. Wonder if he finally saw what a sociopath the Emps is/was...
Discussed heavily in various forums man
In the bookMalcador basicaly admits afterwrds hes lying to comfort a dying man! That its all part of the plan(ie the hersy and all the grimdarkness) has long been a theory but the context shows that it probably isnt.

The guilliman interaction with emps reinforces the alternative view master of mankind showed of the emps now not caring about his sons
Now this could be the case bit if true means the horus vs emps fights and lots of other interactions need to be retconned

The alternative interpretations of course that for the modern day guilliman emps meeting that a)10k years on the throne has stripped away his subtelty or humanity (or its elswhere .....other books have hinted his consiousness is in multiple locations at once!! Maybe his humanity is elsewhere in the imperium)
B)guilliman also feels the emps power has grown vastly since they last met so maybe its simply that immense willpower ramming home what he needs from him and comes off as less fatherly
C) stuck on throne for so long/holding back 4 chaos gods etc takes up the emps concentration so much that he cant pat gullys head and be nice about what he wants ..hes simply being blunt as hes a little preocupied and has work for big blue to carry out and cant play daddy right now!

Or some combo of the 3

The master of mankind also has the emps a lot cooler by far than old books towards his sons true ( calling them numbers rather than names)
However
Its long been canon that everyone sees and hears what they want in his presence somehow.
The custodes (the pov we get from these books) see the marines and primarchs as flawed tools for an unsubtle job so when the emps speaks thats what they hear and feel

Last edited:
Where should I start with novels?

I have no WH40K knowledge but it looks fun.

They are great introductions into the Guard and Inquisition.

Have to finish my last Mitch Rapp (American Assassin) novel then I'll give em a spin and return to this thread with my thoughts.

JBGs Blessings upon you Sherbro

New plastic GUO comes with a nurgling champion (on the base, lower left).
JanPreview-Dec19-Unclean3bdr.jpg

The new Nurgle models are cool and all, but holy fuck GW went off the deep end on prices. That GUO is $140. That's $25 more than the already expensive Bloodthirster and Lord of Change. Insanity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back