Ward vs Kovalev part 2 (Discussion)

With me, it's like watching Abner Mares fight. He got away with some incredible amounts of low blows, and refs did nothing. The Agbeko fight was a travesty, and Russell Mora should not have a referee's license in any boxing jurisdiction.
It was not like the Mares fight at all.

I am not a Tween but you claim that Weeks and Ward share a something. I googled the thing you said and it looked like a shower cap, so I am asking you if it was racist thimg cause I don't get. Are you saying that Ward and Weeks share a common Shower cap cause they are both black?

They share a puffy , frilly hairstyle. In the 50s and 60s those hairstyles we're called bouffants. Not alot of folks rock that hairstyle.

You equate something you don't understand with racism, and adults or I should say men don't jump to that conclusion. But you do. Anyways, don't be that guy.

Also, for full disclosure, I was pulling for Kov and I have no issues with the scorecards at the stoppage. I had Kov up, but I had * by 1, 2, 3 and 5 as very close rounds and was leaning Ward for the 5th. I also had a note by the 7th that "Ward continues to get away with low blows".
I had to go meet some guys for a breakfast at 10 and I'm back and my jimmies aren't rustled as badly, but I still say AT least you give an 8-count there rather than stop the fight. I'll have to watch again for the low blows, but "live" one time this morning I found them excessive.
All of that said, Ward crushed Krusher with that blow in the 8th and he was in bad shape even if he were given an 8, but he definitely should have been. Andre is an extremely gifted boxer and always has been, I just don't think this was a "good" win.
My jimmies are still rustled a little, I guess. I was hoping for a trilogy. Also interested to see the final word on what to make of the Rigo fight. Did they announce the decision to make that a NC or DQ, yet? That was crazy.

And I still maintain Kov was "finished" with three digging low blows. lol

I had ward up and find lettermans card laughable. but ward was going to win most of the last rounds if not all of them. kovalev might have been outworking ward but he had nothing on his punches. he only landed a few more punches than ward but threw about 90 billion more. he had AWFUL stamina. im talking worse than Lemieux when he was young. even when lemiuex throws 90 billion punches in a fight he can finish and he's a B level fighter.

Kovalev has AWFUL stamina the worst stamina for an A level fighter. which I still consider him. but it will be hard for me to want to see kovalev again. some times stamina can't be corrected when you are this old. I thought he'd pace himself better he did a horrible job.

everyone who actually believes he would have won if not for the non existing multiple low blows. and yes I watched again one of the punches was actually low in a series of 10 body punches but they were when kovalev was already hunched over from legal body punches.

I had ward up and find lettermans card laughable. but ward was going to win most of the last rounds if not all of them. kovalev might have been outworking ward but he had nothing on his punches. he only landed a few more punches than ward but threw about 90 billion more. he had AWFUL stamina. im talking worse than Lemieux when he was young. even when lemiuex throws 90 billion punches in a fight he can finish and he's a B level fighter.

Kovalev has AWFUL stamina the worst stamina for an A level fighter. which I still consider him. but it will be hard for me to want to see kovalev again. some times stamina can't be corrected when you are this old. I thought he'd pace himself better he did a horrible job.

everyone who actually believes he would have won if not for the non existing multiple low blows. and yes I watched again one of the punches was actually low in a series of 10 body punches but they were when kovalev was already hunched over from legal body punches.
I won't go over it but he had a much better strategy.

they weren't. Kov was looking for a way out. That last low blow Kovalev didn't return a single punch in 30 seconds. He was hurt, mentally and physically.

what really hurt Kovalev were the check hooks all night, and the straight cross on Kov's jaw in the 8th.
I don't get how you can say that when Kovalev was bent over double from the first low blow and then the second and third landed with him still folded over. The low blows is why he wasn't returning fire. The fight shouldn't have been stopped either.

Kova was running for his life and getting worked after that shot to the jaw. Stop crying that it was just a low blow.

Such a crock of shit.

It was not like the Mares fight at all.

I was not suggesting that. On further reflection, Ward is more like Klitschko. His fouls are hardly even mentioned, even over a long period, and not even the refs seem to care when he billygoats a guy 30 times a fight.

Again, fake account

oh lol, wtf? I saw a few big boxing fan accounts on IG posting those. I went to his twitter and looked at the profile before posting. I must say it is pretty funny how much time people invest into troll accounts.

great fight, kovalev was done and ward looked unstoppable.

look at Kovalev in his corner after the 4th and 5th, he was in much pain and bother then, Ward just turned the fight on its head from the 4th.

@Kovalev's "Man Bag" Im genuinely curious what you think. Youre a Kova fan and a quality level headed poster. (If I missed it already I apologize.)

I think Andre did a good job at avoiding most of the heavy leather Kovalev tried to put on him, showed good lateral movement (as he did in his workout video prior to the fight), and that Kovalev didn't think he could hurt him even a little. Must've thought he was invincible. Kovalev was smothering a lot of his work, stepping in and overshooting, his range was off frequently. I certainly don't agree with the stoppage but he should've shown the ref that he was still live or taken a knee (wouldn't out of pride, I imagine). Was a good fight up to that point where both were winning rounds and some rounds were extremely hard to score.

That said, we made a bet a while back. I lost. I need to go back and see what it was but I said you could have my AV and sig for a month I think. So whatever you want to use I'm cool with.

Last edited:
I think Andre did a good job at avoiding most of the heavy leather Kovalev tried to put on him, showed good lateral movement (as he did in his workout video prior to the fight), and that Kovalev didn't think he could hurt him even a little. Must've thought he was invincible. Kovalev was smothering a lot of his work, stepping in and overshooting, his range was off frequently. I certainly don't agree with the stoppage but he should've shown the ref that he was still live or taken a knee (wouldn't out of pride, I imagine). Was a good fight up to that point where both were winning rounds and some rounds were extremely hard to score.

That said, we made a bet a while back. I lost. I need to go back and see what it was but I said you could have my AV and sig for a month I think. So whatever you want to use I'm cool with.
Wards distance management and timing were pretty sick in this fight, the variations in his stances caused a lot of problems for Kovalev(as in high, low, bobbing weaving at different speeds.)

I don't get how you can say that when Kovalev was bent over double from the first low blow and then the second and third landed with him still folded over. The low blows is why he wasn't returning fire. The fight shouldn't have been stopped either.

Because I dont think he was doubled over because of the "low blows". Its pretty clear he was badly hurt, tried clinching, was running for his life. The one low blow (the first 2 were'nt) was a convenient excuse to quit IMO. Its very naive to chalk up his doubling over to a single low blow when we dont know how much damage it did, especially when he was within a punch of getting knocked clean out in the last 30 seconds of the round. You guys are acting like Kovalev was competitive after the straight cross. He was cooked. The fight was over, exactly how it ended was just a formality at that point.

Because I dont think he was doubled over because of the "low blows". Its pretty clear he was badly hurt, tried clinching, was running for his life. The one low blow (the first 2 were'nt) was a convenient excuse to quit IMO. Its very naive to chalk up his doubling over to a single low blow when we dont know how much damage it did, especially when he was within a punch of getting knocked clean out in the last 30 seconds of the round. You guys are acting like Kovalev was competitive after the straight cross. He was cooked. The fight was over, exactly how it ended was just a formality at that point.
You are blind if can't see that he was doubled over because of the low blow. Yes he was hurt from a good right hand but a straight to the head doesn't cause a fighter to double over but a low blow will. I don't get why you are denying it?

You are blind if can't see that he was doubled over because of the low blow. Yes he was hurt from a good right hand but a straight to the head doesn't cause a fighter to double over but a low blow will. I don't get why you are denying it?
And what about running away for 60 seconds before that which included not firing back, mainly he was trying to cover his body.
He was hurt badly.

Back