Ward talking retirement instead of rematch with Kovalev

Greatness is what matters. Fan favorite means shit.

Yep. Everyone wants their say in things with social media lol.

Danny was ducking according to people here and now what? Oh, he's getting knocked out, lol. Much like Andre Danny doesn't give a shit and once again the world will be surprised. . Those odds are lovely

Hey @PUO3 tell Ward I said "your fade" and "has good height" for me

Yep. Everyone wants their say in things with social media lol.
That makes no sense. Greatness matters but how do you measure it? Where does Ward place on the meter? Fans are the ones following the sport and determining who has impressed. You and Puo may be in the business but with your conflict of interests your say is even less reliable. Not exactly unbiased historians of the sport.

Would you agree he's entry level HOF greatness but not exceptional HOF greatness?

No. Not sure how much more you want a guy to do. Hes beaten the whose who.

No. Not sure how much more you want a guy to do. Hes beaten the whose who.
What I mean is do you think he rates among the top tier ATG's, or, that he's done enough to merit a spot in the HOF but isn't really one of the best of the best.

What I mean is do you think he rates among the top tier ATG's, or, that he's done enough to merit a spot in the HOF but isn't really one of the best of the best.
Id have to give serious thought to where he lands tbh. I think when its all said and done (not buying the retirement shit) he will be right up there. As of right now hes a ways down the list.

That makes no sense. Greatness matters but how do you measure it? Where does Ward place on the meter? Fans are the ones following the sport and determining who has impressed. You and Puo may be in the business but with your conflict of interests your say is even less reliable. Not exactly unbiased historians of the sport.

Everyone will measure it differently. Finding a consensus is like finding a unicorn. Stepping away from this from a second I think Sweet Pea is better than Floyd. That isn't a popular opinion and if anything people would say I'm biased towards Floyd. I think I've been pretty unbiased in terms of talking fighters. You don't see me shitting on GGG (I even avoided all the roid comments) and said I don't think this is a PPV fight. I honestly don't now how I could be less bias.

I mean if you want me to say Danny is going to get beat I won't. He's winning this fight

Everyone will measure it differently. Finding a consensus is like finding a unicorn. Stepping away from this from a second I think Sweet Pea is better than Floyd. That isn't a popular opinion and if anything people would say I'm biased towards Floyd. I think I've been pretty unbiased in terms of talking fighters. You don't see me shitting on GGG (I even avoided all the roid comments) and said I don't think this is a PPV fight. I honestly don't now how I could be less bias.
I agree with your thoughts on Whitaker. I'm not questioning your integrity just pointing out that there are guys like canelo and kovalev's man bag that you could say are drinking the cool aid and discount them as you seemed to do in your post but even knowledgable people in the business are going to have their biases.

I agree with your thoughts on Whitaker. I'm not questioning your integrity just pointing out that there are guys like canelo and kovalev's man bag that you could say are drinking the cool aid and discount them as you seemed to do in your post but even knowledgable people in the business are going to have their biases.

That's fair. I think we all have them to some degree. Even if you discount who I work with I'd still have them. It's human nature. I really didn't mean to come off like that. I get along with both posters and appreciate their contributions. By no means am attempting to discredit them. If anything I would be pissed at Dre but I can't take anything away from him as a fighter. Dude is a bad ass. I rarely shit on fighters. Only guy I think I have done it on here is BJS and fuck him lol

Last edited:
Given the controversial nature of the fight, it'd be pretty sad if he didn't give Kovalev a rematch. I do have a lot of respect for Andre's talent but this just reeks of fear.

Fuck the haters. He fought him and clearly win via points. This is equivalent to the salty Pacquiao fans saying that mayweather is scare of a rematch. Ward is one of the best boxers ever, easily top 15

Fuck the haters. He fought him and clearly win via points. This is equivalent to the salty Pacquiao fans saying that mayweather is scare of a rematch. Ward is one of the best boxers ever, easily top 15
No on all counts. His history is still being written but he has a ways to go to be considered top 15 all time.

Given the controversial nature of the fight, it'd be pretty sad if he didn't give Kovalev a rematch. I do have a lot of respect for Andre's talent but this just reeks of fear.
You dont actually believe that hes fearful.

steve kim? is that really you? did you come from seattle? I always wondered if that was you who used to come to my gym, the brothers used to call you stevie "wonder" kim when you wasn't around. Just kidding man, anyway, there was some asian guy who used to come to the gym, maybe 25-30 at the time, conspicuous because there weren't many asian people into boxing. I always wondered if that was you.

Back