Ward talking retirement instead of rematch with Kovalev

uh, because he's a great fighter and a great guy and he has consistently fought the best available

He should rematch Kovalev though.

he has done enough . but i would love to see the rematch I dont see why not.. seems almost like a negotiation tactic to me

Probably just playing hard to get for Duva & Crusher.
Hopefully hes not self sabotaging again.
Everytime he gets huge press and huge momentum he finds way to kill it throughout his career.

tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif

Rematch with Kova

e4ozo.gif

Id be shocked if he gave a rematch. He survived and the crooked refs gifted him.

The earlier fight was a flat out robbery to keep the right guy in win column. The main event, bssed purely off the judges scorecards was the same way. No way all 3 judges have rds 6-12 to ward. It's just laughable how corrupt that is. Compete robbery.

Regardless if you're one of the few people who had ward winning, you sure as shit didn't have a card similar to those judges cards.

Sounds like he's setting himself up to be the big A-side in the rematch.

I do agree with him though that if he doesn't fight Kovalev, what other fight makes sense? He can take some money makers but there is no one else in the area who anyone thinks poses a problem for Andre. Maybe a Stevenson fight makes sense (though will probably be impossible to make).

I want to see either Ward or Kovalev beat the brakes off Stevenson.

i don't believe him but i will say, us fans should stop being selfish, most fighters do not retire properly and when they do we give them shit until they comeback. fighters that retire around 30 should be applauded not given the "you could fight so and so". anyway, i don't believe him for a second. maybe five percent of top fighters retire at a reasonably young age.

Not a lot of fights make sense, Stevenson would be interesting, but he can retire if he wants. If he gives Kov rematch, I'd like to watch... I also don't believe for a second he'd actually retire.

the first fight was controversial. outside of usa the media felt ward won. in the usa 65% people thought kovalev was robbed. the rematch is huge to non paying fans. kovalevs fan base is people online that watch streams. the fight wont be on tv because kovalev will cry he is loyal to hbo. hbo wont have it on baisc hbo. so a rematch to a ppv that did far less than expected?

Kovalev was seen on this board as someone that was unbeatable and it fooled a lot of people (all american) that kovalev dominated the fight. kovalev is nothing special.

Back