Ward takes over the P4P #1 spot

Kovalev's "Man Bag"

Threat Actor
@Silver
Reaction score
After Chocolatito's loss to Srisaket Sor Rungvisai. Ward had never reached #1 until now, he had peaked at #2 in the past.

TBRB's latest P4P rankings

1 Andre Ward
2 Sergey Kovalev
3 Roman Gonzalez
4 Manny Pacquiao
5 Terence Crawford
6 Gennady Golovkin
7 Vasyl Lomachenko
8 Naoya Inoue
9 Leo Santa Cruz
10 Shinsuke Yamanaka
http://www.tbrb.org/p4p

The Ring's latest P4P rankings

1 Andre Ward
2 Sergey Kovalev
3 Gennady Golovkin
4 Roman Gonzalez
5 Terence Crawford
6 Vasyl Lomachenko
7 Guillermo Rigondeaux
8 Canelo Alvarez
9 Shinsuke Yamanaka
10 Naoya Inoue
http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/?weightclass=251

TBRBs list leaves me scratching my head a bit. Canelo not being there at all is confusing with someone like LSC on there. Rings is good, might move Ridondeaux down a spot or two though based on inactivity the past few years.

TBRBs list leaves me scratching my head a bit. Canelo not being there at all is confusing with someone like LSC on there. Rings is good, might move Ridondeaux down a spot or two though based on inactivity the past few years.

From their homepage

Latest Updates
21 March 2017: *** Jr. Bantamweight Roman Gonzalez loses his first match after 46 consecutive wins against comparatively stellar competition. Thailand’s Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, a physically-strong and hard-hitting southpaw closing in on fifty fights (42-4-1), pressured the naturally-smaller Gonzalez and invited exchanges where he was able to exact a heavy price with both his hands and his head. Srisaket took a close majority decision over Gonzalez, who willingly went toe-to-toe with the larger, more raw-boned and often grinning Srisaket. Gonzalez is asking for a rematch, a redemption.

Members were all over the place at P4P. Gonzalez lost competitively and showed incredible heart in overcoming an early knockdown, debilitating headbutts, and no one could dismiss the fact that he had to compete against the most dangerous opponent in his career without his long-time trainer, Arnulfo Obando, who passed away in November. At the same time, Gonzalez lost and it was no robbery and it seems clear that he has risen one weight class too many. His mesmerizing skills and iron will may not quite be enough to deal with jr. bantamweights. Some members thought he should drop only to #2. Others believed that he should drop all the way to #5, #7, or out altogether. A slight majority, however believed that he should drop only slightly despite the loss. Gonzalez, no longer the P4P King he has been since September 2015, is now at #3. ***

Manny Pacquiao should be # 1.

you know what has to happen...

hqdefault.jpg

Ward fans were quick to jump on this one

From his Wiki page

Andre Ward
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andre Ward
(born February 23, 1984) is an American professional boxer. He is a two-weight world champion, currently ranked as the best boxer in the world, pound for pound, by The Ring magazine[2]and the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board,[3] as of March 2017. He is also ranked as the world's best light heavyweight by The Ring[4] and BoxRec. Since 2016, Ward has held the unified WBA (Undisputed), IBF, and WBO light heavyweight titles. Between 2009 and 2015, he held the unified WBA (Super), WBC, Ring, and linealsuper middleweight titles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Ward

I don't having a problem with Roman at #3. There's just some spots I can't immediately justify.

I'm with you on that one, especially with LSC being there in the TBRB's list and Canelo not. But, they did say that they "were all over the place" re-ranking their P4P list.

In fairness, I'm certain had that fight gone the other way, you would at least have made a thread about it.

Overall, the whole p4p thing has kinda lost it's meaning. I wouldn't automatically rate Ward #1, even as a huge fan.

Of course I would have. What I meant is that the contributors running Ward's Wiki page picked it up quickly after Gonzalez lost. Ward was already P4P #2 ranked by both anyway.

In fairness, I'm certain had that fight gone the other way, you would at least have made a thread about it.

Overall, the whole p4p thing has kinda lost it's meaning. I wouldn't automatically rate Ward #1, even as a huge fan.

After their fight I have a hard time seeing it either way. Ward has a better resume overall but they're evenly matched, and it's not just a case of Kovalev outsizing Andre or something. He's just that good.

1. Srisaket
2. Ward
3. Gonzalez
4. Sergei
5. GGG
6. Pac
7. Yamanaka
8. Inuoe
9. Rigo
10. Canelo

#Asian take over

Crawford is too high on both lists.

I knew it was the voodoo thing before I clicked the spoiler.

I honestly thought about putting the Marquez KO pic in there just to mess with @LogicalInsanity and then spoiler the voodoo photo after, but I'm on my phone and tags are hard.

I honestly thought about putting the Marquez KO pic in there just to mess with @LogicalInsanity and then spoiler the voodoo photo after, but I'm on my phone and tags are hard.

I would have fucked you up had you done that...
that KO still gives me nightmares...

that was a great fight, but I can never watch that fight again. LOL.

Back