Ward Proved Doubters Wrong

Gatti was far better than those guys.....20 years from now,do you think people are gonna look up Gatti fights or ANY of those guys?

They'll be looking up his wars with Micky when Micky was a journeyman.

Has anyone here watched boxing prior to 1995?
Doesn't seem so......

Look up Joe louis's boxrec. He fought a whole lot of cans, and even got knocked out in his prime by an average fighter. They used to call his opponents the "bum of the month club".

And yet, no serious person would dare argue that Joe Louis was an all time great.

Salty hater spotted lmfao.

Everyone said Ward was gonna get killed. Well what happend? Hahahaha
that's cute, you calling someone else a salty hater hahahahahaha. only reason you responded to me is because you're a bitter virgin who hates conor.

i wasn't rooting for either guy though, i just wanted a good fight but the stoppage was garbage.

big fight like this and the ref just stops it there without a count?

Ward is a testicle-attacking coward.

Kovalev is clearly the coward if you had to put that label on one of them. Everyone, including you, knows that. Yesterday proved it, Kovalev is a bully with a quitter mentality. If you stand up to him, he wilts.

that's cute, you calling someone else a salty hater hahahahahaha. only reason you responded to me is because you're a bitter virgin who hates conor.

i wasn't rooting for either guy though, i just wanted a good fight but the stoppage was garbage.

Why do you bring Conor into the conversation? This is about Ward and Kovalev but this guy still can't seem to take Conors cock out of his mouth LMFAO.

Why do you bring Conor into the conversation? This is about Ward and Kovalev but this guy still can't seem to take Conors cock out of his mouth LMFAO.
brought him into the conversation because like i said, i know that's why you replied to ME.

lmao stay bitter kid.

brought him into the conversation because like i said, i know that's why you replied to ME.

lmao stay bitter kid.
I replied to you because you were salty about Kova getting crushed but the nuthugger can't take Conors cock out of his mouth haahahahahahah. Poor guy, i imagine your social life must really suck.

I replied to you because you were salty about Kova getting crushed but the nuthugger can't take Conors cock out of his mouth haahahahahahah. Poor guy, i imagine your social life must really suck.
i'm not salty about it at all, i like both guys.

stay bitter you spazz.

Undefeated since the age of 12.
Olympic gold medallist.
32-0 professional record.
Wins over Kovalev (x2), Froch, Kessler, Abraham, etc...

I don't care what these other guys say, he's a top 100 ATG at a minimum.

I'm happy to have followed his career.

The internet tough guys are in full force. Ward is a coward and Kova is a bitch huh?

Lol.

That needs to be overturned into a DQ if boxing wants to be taken seriously. That was just silly.

He nailed him 2-3 times in a row smack on the balls and people are saying "well he was making a comeback that round anyway"..... What the fuck does that have to do with anything?
You have to receive multiple hard warnings to be DQ'd for low blows unless they are clearly deliberate.

The internet tough guys are in full force. Ward is a coward and Kova is a bitch huh?

Lol.
Seriously man, any time an underdog lose we see this bullshit.

In HIS day but that doesnt make him great......well shit...in your eyes Calzaghe must be an ATG he beat Hopkins AND Jones....who does Ward have on his resume to compare to that?
Your mistake is, assuming CalSlappy isn't an all time great, which he is, whether we like it or not, he's a Top 100 guy overall on the ATG list, and maybe top 10 or 20 for LHWs...

Then you would know ward is not an ATG....
what kind of ATG are you talking about? Top 10, Top 5? Ward is definitely Top 50 right now.
The eye test of skill and ability to figure shit out, does match-up well against most in the ATG category for SMW and LHWs. Ward gives Prime Roy fits for example....And Im a big RJJ guy.

There is no standing count. Doesnt exist in boxing. Know the sport you're talking about...
A count only happens after you've been knocked down (which Kovalev wasn't), refs haven't been able to step in and give a count for at least 20yrs.

Boxing 101; Ways a Referee can stop a fight: (not an official list from the book, off the top of my head, but probably pretty close).

1) Boxer doesnt get up after a count of 10, or is visibly out cold.
2) Boxer looks unable to continue after getting up and receiving a recovery mandatory 8 count.
3) Boxer's corner throws in a Towel to signal they no longer wish to continue/forfeit the contest.
4) Boxer appears to no longer be able to be competitive or asks/signals to referee he no longer wants to continue; or not willing to be competitive in the fight.
5) Referee stops fight for the safety of the Boxer at risk.

Kovalev stoppage would fall under 4&5

You have to receive multiple hard warnings to be DQ'd for low blows unless they are clearly deliberate.
Yup, if anything, the ref sees theyre not deliberate, warns Ward to keep em up. One more he deducts a point, next one he DQs.......Kova needed to get a lot more lowblows for a DQ to be relevant..lol

Back