Warcraft 3 Vs Starcraft 2

KONG-D'SNT-TAP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’m a big old school Warcraft 3 fan and o read they just gave the game a major new update and patch recently. So I dusted off my old CDs and gave it a try. Some of the people on there are so damn good it’s scary.

Was wondering if any of you sherdog nerds like these games and if so which series do you enjoy more.

Warcraft 3 of Starcraft 2???

I have both games and I have to say Warcraft 3 takes the cake here. The hero makes the entire game for me.
Also seems one game is more micro skills vs macro skills.

Warcraft 3 is quite possibly the greatest video game ever. It sure is the best RTS of all time. Wish they would forget about WoW and finally make Warcraft 4 already or at least a new expansion pack.

That is all

Starcraft 2 is the superior game. Starcraft 1 and 2 are the best strategy games ever made.

I would challenge ppl here but I doubt anyone is good enough to beat me

Starcraft 2 like a motherfucker, but wait, war 3 got an update?

Im playing through star 1 again but the remastered version..which i dont recommend. Its prettier, but you cant select all the troops, the troops get easily triggered still, and ramps and stairs still suck. Plus the cinematics are all still original, which some may like, i do not.

Last time i played war 3, it was quite outdated. I liked it, no, loved it, but felt the heroes were too front row and center. I do like that if they die, its not an automatic failure.

Anyway, there is an update?

Warcraft 3 innovated and attempted to push the genre forwards in a new, interesting way. Starcraft 2 just regurgitated more of the same and made zero interesting advances.

I enjoyed Warcraft 3 more as a casual player. The micro was a little easier, the maps and builds were more memorable, and the art style was more enjoyable. Starcraft always felt like a bunch of 0's and 1's compared to it. The addition of hero units was a great aspect for me, I was a sucker for Neutral heroes too. The mod scene was a lot more creative too. I mean, I probably played more DOTA and Enfos than actual game.

getting 3 heroes in wc3 and raining special attacks simultaneously was extremely satisfying. Although, I feel like their overall effectiveness should be reduced (especially at high levels [6-10]). They affect battles too greatly imo.

Update:

There is no update. Twas fake news.

I’m a big old school Warcraft 3 fan and o read they just gave the game a major new update and patch recently. So I dusted off my old CDs and gave it a try. Some of the people on there are so damn good it’s scary.

Was wondering if any of you sherdog nerds like these games and if so which series do you enjoy more.

I have both games and I have to say Warcraft 3 takes the cake here. The hero makes the entire game for me.

Warcraft 3 is quite possibly the greatest video game ever. It sure is the best RTS of all time. Wish they would forget about WoW and finally make Warcraft 4 already or at least a new expansion pack.

That is all

I had a lot of fun times with Warcraft 3 but Starcraft 2 is the superior game. Much, much better multiplayer experience. Much more intense gameplay. Micro macro better intertwined.

That is all

People saying starcraft are fucking retarded and ignorant. No one on Bnet On wc3 plays regular wc3. There are literally thousands of complex. different sized, modded, custom united maps and games. Literally.. Now theres also 24 player games.. Life of a peasant 1 life rule...... WEREWOLF TRANSYLVANIA. WW3 DIPLOMACY RP... Etc.. Literally so much games so different from eachother. That game NEVER gets old. Its literally timeless the shit mapmakers can do with it.

Warcraft for single player and I would play Warcraft custom maps with my friends a lot. I wish they made a Warcraft 4.

Warcraft for single player and I would play Warcraft custom maps with my friends a lot. I wish they made a Warcraft 4.

Mag I've been wishing for a WC4 forever.

The heroes put the game over the top imo. Starcraft is more about big unit numbers. I like the option of the hero. Gets you into the game differently.

I'm a big SC2 fanboy. The esport, the single player, laddering, all of it. I have rage uninstalled 3 or 4 times though.

That is all

You cant possibly imagine how I am behind you on this. I played WC3 competitively since 2001. I loved making custom games and then playing them. I now play Hellhalt TD, awesome mod.

Warcraft 4 would be great but Blizzard worries it may drag WoW playerbase out of it. But tbh how many games out there we have that already made people quit WoW. Blizz relies too much on their titles. Which are slowly dying anyway.

Back