War Room rule clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

klnOmega

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If it isn't related to a current event, then there is no justification to make a thread about it per OP forum policy.

Stay on topic, everyone, and remember not to Play the Mod.

@Madmick merged a thread about Trump receiving a diversity medal in 1986 into his megathread on the Charlottesville attacks. The thread didnt include anything related to the Charlottesville attacks, but his justification for merging it was that the event happened in 1986 and isnt a current event.

This is the first I'm seeing about this current event rule. I checked the War Room rules, and they dont mention anything about that. So can someone clarify if it I'm reading his post correctly? Is it against the rules to start threads about historical events, and if so, what is the cut off time?

And secondly, his warning to stay on topic is confusing to me, since I would think Trump receiving a medal 30 years ago is unrelated to the Charlottesville attacks, and hence posting it in Micks thread would be off topic. I'm not trying to shitpost here, I'm legitmately confused on when a thread should be its own thread, and when posting something in another thread is sufficiently off topic.

Last edited:
@Madmick merged a thread about Trump receiving a diversity medal in 1986 into his megathread on the Charlottesville attacks. The thread didnt include anything related to the Charlottesville attacks, but his justification for merging it was that the event happened in 1986 and isnt a current event.

This is the first I'm seeing about this current event rule. I checked the War Room rules, and they dont mention anything about that. So can someone clarify if it I'm reading his post correctly? Is it against the rules to start threads about historical events, and if so, what is the cut off time?

And secondly, his warning to stay on topic is confusing to me, since I would think Trump receiving a medal 30 years ago is unrelated to the Charlottesville attacks, and hence posting it in Micks thread would be off topic. I'm not trying to shitpost here, I'm legitmately confused on when a thread should be its own thread, and when posting something in another thread is sufficiently off topic.

This is how freedom dies.

In before Madmick deletes this thread

@sodapopinski

threads that are ancillary to the main topic are free to be merged to the main thread at the discretion of the moderator.

in the future, with respect to deletions, closing and merges of threads, please direct those queries to the dedicated support thread stickied atop the support forum or by sending a private message to the moderator.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back