War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be that I'm overvaluing Gus' speed advantage. If Gus finds himself in the same scenario that Rashad did vs Glover, I expect him to take long and fast enough side steps that if Glover throws the straight then Gus will be miles away before he could be hit with the follow up hook, for instance.

Though saying that he has to hope for an exchange like that was hyperbole on my part. I really dislike Glover as a fighter.

That's interesting. Do you know what it is that gets that reaction from you? He doesn't really stand out to me (aside from being a good fighter--declining though).

That's interesting. Do you know what it is that gets that reaction from you? He doesn't really stand out to me (aside from being a good fighter--declining though).

Who what now? Why I dislike Glover?

Nothing against him as a person. He seems super chill and mature: you never go to any MMA site asking yourself if Glover has gotten himself some nonsense this week as well.

I think it partly stems from the UFC trying to hype up the fight between him and Jones. I only really got into MMA in 2014, and sporadically watched some throughout 2013, so I hadn't quite developed an immunity to videos of Rogan screaming "He hits really hard!" at you. The fight with Bader I thought both looked terrible and sloppy, and nothing seemed to indicate he had any chance against Jones, so the hype seemed entirely unfounded which annoyed me.

Then you had that "controversy" with Jones cranking his arm (which I thought was exquisite) and Glover being the "hero" on the forums against the "villain" in Jones. All of this is kind of tangential though: the real answer is that I just don't find his fighting style interesting. Undynamic and plodding is my mental image of Glover, so I end up sitting there waiting for him to lose when he fights someone at the very top, or win against those who aren't. The best he can do is to not make me wait long, like in the fight with Rumble.

So that's kind of harsh, and there's a lot of mild pettiness there with respect to the first things I wrote. I guess I'm being unfair. No regrets on my part: maul him, Gus!

Hate these different time zone cards. Feels weird going to a bar around 1 to watch but I don't have cable and my laptop has been shitty the last few months.

Hate these different time zone cards. Feels weird going to a bar around 1 to watch but I don't have cable and my laptop has been shitty the last few months.

A lot of things can happen in life when you leave tomorrow and arrive yesterday.......

giphy.gif

For as weird as it is, that incline idea with Aldo and Holloway was pretty interesting. Cool promo

Nice hook around the bend, as it were. Seems like a strike that could very easily hit the back of the head and be a foul, though. Hit the ear here I think.

There was a moment at 3:10 like I talked about @Jack V Savage: Glover threw the right against the cage and Gus circled all the way out.

And three more at 1:50, 1:02 and 0:17

Gus was leaning over himself too much in the early going when throwing strikes, but he seemed to rein himself in after the eye poke.

Plenty more of that round 2. Excellent spinning elbow by Gus: learn from the best. Glover also did the cutest little pirouette when Gus had him against the cage.

Gus likes the rear uppercut, and it's working out well I think. Glover having occasional success with the jab, Gus too.

The rear uppercut seems to be Gus' money shot. Teixeira cannot deal with it.

Definitely did not overvalue Gus' speed advantage.

Did you enjoy Gus's tight penetrating uppercuts Mr @brothir?

Did you enjoy Gus's tight penetrating uppercuts Mr @brothir?

Yes, but the spinning elbow and the few kicks to the midsection and front knee even more. Especially the last ones he could have made more use of, but the uppercuts certainly did the job.

Now Gus will probably marinate for another year before he fights... a shame that what is so tasty cannot be had every day.

Definitely did not overvalue Gus' speed advantage.

But what did you think of Gus' footwork? Pretty terrible, no? I agree that his speed and length bailed him out, but that's because Teixeira is a plodder.

But what did you think of Gus' footwork? Pretty terrible, no? I agree that his speed and length bailed him out, but that's because Teixeira is a plodder.

Agreed. He relies on ability more than technique there, but that's what I expected. Glover did better than I thought he would at cutting the cage, but the times when Gus circled or ran all the way out he made the cardinal mistake of following him in a U-turn out to the center, rather than immediately side-stepping towards the center.

Yes, but the spinning elbow and the few kicks to the midsection and front knee even more. Especially the last ones he could have made more use of, but the uppercuts certainly did the job.

Now Gus will probably marinate for another year before he fights... a shame that what is so tasty cannot be had every day.

It was a delicious spectacle as the torso was exquisitely tenderized. I could see the swelling of the lifeforce upon Glover's supple body, as each impact penetrated the softness as it primed our axioms for the taste of our ravenous nature.

Glorious poetry Mr Brothir. You are assuaging nicely.

It's going to migrate softly inside you too @Jack V Savage. Don't resist the beautiful....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back