War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it, he's still there and saying something rapey to me.

always face your fears

@Ham Socks was also creating gimmicks. You guys should cut this shit already
I can niether confirm nor deny that.

I can tell you however that a global war almost spilled out onto the sherdog forums though. Threats unimaginable ever present, and it could have been the end of us all.

Luckily our very own sherdog mods were able to contain the situation. Yet the ufc section is 90% trolls.

So TJ v DJ at 125 for the title? Interesting. Bummed the Cody / TJ fight isn't happening

Bummed too but DJ cleared 125 and needed something like this.

I agree, just don't like the idea of TJ going down --- worried that cut would be debilitating. I mean I like the fact that they are going to jazz up the division and challenge DJ -- just don't like 2 division Champs and I'm not a fan of cutting down to challenge

Bummed too but DJ cleared 125 and needed something like this.

This battle of chaos shall be most interesting. Let us consume in peace...

I really feel you are Rory Mcdonald.

tumblr_ojhg6fvvN11vudrwso2_r2_500.gif

Any thoughts on Gus vs Teixeira? Should be a fairly easy win for Gus right?

Any thoughts on Gus vs Teixeira? Should be a fairly easy win for Gus right?

Would think so, but there's always the question about what the effect the injuries he's had piling up will be. As long as that isn't an issue, then Gus should be far too swift and agile for Glover's plodding right hands. There's no way the Gus that battered Jones loses to Glover.

Would think so, but there's always the question about what the effect the injuries he's had piling up will be. As long as that isn't an issue, then Gus should be far too swift and agile for Glover's plodding right hands. There's no way the Gus that battered Jones loses to Glover.
Agreed. And he got manhandled by Rumble but he just got caught in that fight. Of course it's possible Tex catches him but I think vegas has the odds pegged right (Gus a big fav).

Agreed. And he got manhandled by Rumble but he just got caught in that fight. Of course it's possible Tex catches him but I think vegas has the odds pegged right (Gus a big fav).

I'm not sure about the 'just got caught' bit. He certainly got hit by a thunderous punch, and I'll grant that the exact way it happened was exceptional to the point that if you rewinded time to the beginning of the fight, the same would probably not happen.

While both Rumble and Glover hit very hard, the difference between them is that Rumble can close the gap really fast whereas Glover really can't (which is why I thought Rumble would devastate Glover prior to their fight, and sure enough). So while Rumble can't skip around the cage like Gus can, he can get in close at select opportunities. Glover can't even really do that, so he'll have to hope Gus backs into the cage on his own.

I'm not sure about the 'just got caught' bit. He certainly got hit by a thunderous punch, and I'll grant that the exact way it happened was exceptional to the point that if you rewinded time to the beginning of the fight, the same would probably not happen.

While both Rumble and Glover hit very hard, the difference between them is that Rumble can close the gap really fast whereas Glover really can't (which is why I thought Rumble would devastate Glover prior to their fight, and sure enough). So while Rumble can't skip around the cage like Gus can, he can get in close at select opportunities. Glover can't even really do that, so he'll have to hope Gus backs into the cage on his own.

He doesn't have to hope. Glover likes to come forward, and Gus is not good at using movement to respond to pressure. Like JDS, his answer to pressure is mostly to make people pay a price for it, which can discourage them, but isn't an ideal solution. I expect Glover to kind of "win" the footwork battle but to get beat up in the process and lose the war. I think the odds are fair on this one.

He doesn't have to hope. Glover likes to come forward, and Gus is not good at using movement to respond to pressure. Like JDS, his answer to pressure is mostly to make people pay a price for it, which can discourage them, but isn't an ideal solution. I expect Glover to kind of "win" the footwork battle but to get beat up in the process and lose the war. I think the odds are fair on this one.

Could be that I'm overvaluing Gus' speed advantage. If Gus finds himself in the same scenario that Rashad did vs Glover, I expect him to take long and fast enough side steps that if Glover throws the straight then Gus will be miles away before he could be hit with the follow up hook, for instance.

Though saying that he has to hope for an exchange like that was hyperbole on my part. I really dislike Glover as a fighter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back