War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
<5><mma4>
canban.jpg

<GinJuice>
I am not usually happy when someone gets banned, but finally. Jesus.

What happened?
Probably another racist hate filled rant against certain other Asian groups, mixed with personal attacks, probably against peoples significant others.

Anyone got picks for 211? Fucking incredible matchmaking. Rodriguez/Edgar is my personal main event here, and nearly a pick'em fight. The actual main event looks like a near-tossup, too (I bet on Stipe last time he fought JDS, though I expected him to lose--the odds were fucked up). Maia/Masvidal should be great. And Joanna has a real test.

Hey @pcptornado who's your pick for Stipe JDS?:D

Hey Jack, I've never watched Andrade. What's she have to offer that JJs other opponents lacked?

Anyone got picks for 211? Fucking incredible matchmaking. Rodriguez/Edgar is my personal main event here, and nearly a pick'em fight. The actual main event looks like a near-tossup, too (I bet on Stipe last time he fought JDS, though I expected him to lose--the odds were fucked up). Maia/Masvidal should be great. And Joanna has a real test.

Couldnt agree more -- this card is incredible

No idea how to predict Yair v Frankie -- Frankie has the experience and his will alone makes him a threat to any young up and comer --but yair is dynamic and frankie has been prone to getting cracked with big shots. FE is my favourite so im always rooting for him but im leaning towards the the new guard rising in this.

I think Stipes confidence carries him to a stoppage win. JDS is super dangerous but that hands down, walk straight back to the cage style is just too glaring of a hole

Hey @pcptornado who's your pick for Stipe JDS?:D

Hey Jack, I've never watched Andrade. What's she have to offer that JJs other opponents lacked?

I know less about women's 115 than I do about any other division, but Andrade was a solid fighter at 135, and has a couple of big wins already after dropping down. She might be better in exchanges than Joanna (though she'll get shredded in the clinch if that's how it goes). Great flurries (and decent footwork to set them up--not real versatile, though). She can wrestle, too. Without really studying it, it seems to me that it should be a good action fight with an uncertain outcome. Last I saw, Bovada had Joanna at only -170, and that seems about right.

I know less about women's 115 than I do about any other division, but Andrade was a solid fighter at 135, and has a couple of big wins already after dropping down. She might be better in exchanges than Joanna (though she'll get shredded in the clinch if that's how it goes). Great flurries (and decent footwork to set them up--not real versatile, though). She can wrestle, too. Without really studying it, it seems to me that it should be a good action fight with an uncertain outcome. Last I saw, Bovada had Joanna at only -170, and that seems about right.
Excellent, thanks. I'm not a betting man, but still like reading a more in depth take on how opponents match up. Cheers!

how can i change my avatar? or is that blocked because of this ridiculous yellow card?
if so: cancel card!

@Palis
You got carded?

WOW!
Based on a mod's lack of nuanced historical knowledge.
In some 'what should we do with Muslims' thread, I posted the gate of Nazi concentration camp Dachau, which was a forced labor camp.

I got flagged for suggesting putting Muslims into a "death camp" or showering them, the mod, who shall remain nameless, even admitted that he thought I posted the gate of Auschwitz-Birkenau, which in fact was a 'death camp'. Even though people died there and despite the fact that the camp was in fact equipped with a gas chamber and the sarcastic 'Brausebad' sign was present in Dachau, nobody was gassed there.

And of course suggesting gas showers isn't the same as a joke about labor camps since the latter is done quite frequently here in the war room, often not even meant as a joke (cf. 'thugs should be put in a Russian gulag').

Very unfair!

In some 'what should we do with Muslims' thread, I posted the gate of Nazi concentration camp Dachau, which was a forced labor camp.

I got flagged for suggesting putting Muslims into a "death camp" or showering them, the mod, who shall remain nameless, even admitted that he thought I posted the gate of Auschwitz-Birkenau, which in fact was a 'death camp'. Even though people died there and despite the fact that the camp was in fact equipped with a gas chamber and the sarcastic 'Brausebad' sign was present in Dachau, nobody was gassed there.

And of course suggesting gas showers isn't the same as a joke about labor camps since the latter is done quite frequently here in the war room, often not even meant as a joke (cf. 'thugs should be put in a Russian gulag').

Very unfair!
Never go full Hitler/NAZI comparisons, man.

@Palis

Very unfair!

Sad!

Certainly thin ice still.

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todeszahlen_des_KZ_Dachau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back