War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weidman looks not to be aging well.

Weidman looks not to be aging well.

That was my pre-fight assessment.

Post-fight I'd say Miragliotta is not aging well

What a clusterfuck. Feel horrible for the fighters.

Talk about choosing the worst possible option.
What is your opinion on the outcome? If they stop it should have been a no contest IMO.

You can't tell a guy it was an illegal knee and he has 5 minutes. Now the Dr comes in and asks him can he continue while the guy still thinks its an illegal knee.
And somehow figure out it wasn't illegal and stop it based on what the fighters said under different conditions.

I mean at the end of the day it was the refs fault for making a mistake. If he doesn't do the mistake Chris the Dr. doesn't come in.
So Weidman wouldn't say he can't continue.

The situation sucked, but I don't really blame Miragliotta. The rule requires that he notice whether the knuckles of the fighter are on or off the mat at the time a knee lands, which is essentially an impossible task in some cases (like the one last night). They should either allow knees to the head of a grounded opponent or define a grounded opponent better to avoid the kind of bullshit loophole Weidman was trying to exploit (not blaming him--the rules are the rules).

Anyway, Weidman was on his way to being KO'd. The fact that he wanted to take so much time recovering from legal strikes kind of indicates that he was fucked.

Last edited:
Put vCash on Brooks, Cote, Weidman, and Rumble yesterday.
MRW I see the results this morning:
<{boneytears}>

Talk about choosing the worst possible option.
What is your opinion on the outcome? If they stop it should have been a no contest IMO.

You can't tell a guy it was an illegal knee and he has 5 minutes. Now the Dr comes in and asks him can he continue while the guy still thinks its an illegal knee.
And somehow figure out it wasn't illegal and stop it based on what the fighters said under different conditions.

I mean at the end of the day it was the refs fault for making a mistake. If he doesn't do the mistake Chris the Dr. doesn't come in.
So Weidman wouldn't say he can't continue.

I thought about it but after all it is the right outcome.

Would Weidman have said he's good to go had he known the strike would be considered legal? Probably, but I a) feel he should be truthful there and b) was almost out.

Rematch would be ok for me though. However if Weidman loses that rematch, he is done.

I thought about it but after all it is the right outcome.

Would Weidman have said he's good to go had he known the strike would be considered legal? Probably, but I a) feel he should be truthful there and b) was almost out.

Rematch would be ok for me though. However if Weidman loses that rematch, he is done.

"Done" is way harsh, IMO. I bet against him in all of his last three fights, but he's capable of winning rematches of all three. The top of that division (excluding Bisping) is fucking brutal.

"Done" is way harsh, IMO. I bet against him in all of his last three fights, but he's capable of winning rematches of all three. The top of that division (excluding Bisping) is fucking brutal.

Sure, but then 4 in a row?

Also
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sure, but then 4 in a row?

Also

Point is just that losing to three championship-level guys (even if twice to one of them) doesn't mean that a 32-year-old guy should just roll over and die. Still has a lot of big moments left, and he could make another title run. Shit, Bisping was never at any point in his career as good as Weidman is now, and look at that gif you posted.

And, yeah, on any given night a mediocre fighter can get lucky against an elite one.

This gave me a chuckle.

Just looking at places to possibly move and there's a website that has rating on areas in the UK. There's a top 10 worst places to live..

In at #3 it's Seiger's palace of love LUTON.

Here's a brief description.
"Slipping one place this year, is the “toilet of England”. Described by some as “the end of humanity” and where people “Thank god there’s 3 motorway junctions, 2 railway stations and an airport that can be used for a swift exit”. Here’s what our readers had to say:

One of the most shocking moments of my stay in Luton was on Christmas day. My friend pointed out the local McDonalds, saying “it gets busier every year”

Black, White, Asian it doesn’t matter, everyone looks like they’re trying to escape or have given up hope on life itself."

"
Well what can I say about this absolute s**t hole.

I had the misfortune of living in Luton for just over a year. I was lucky, being that I lived in Leagrave; pretty posh for Luton. But still a complete dump.

When I first moved to Luton I decided to walk to work to try and keep fit. Little did I know that I would have to walk through an area that you could safely describe as Gaza Strip aka Bury Park. I could not believe my eyes of what I saw.

I kid you not I saw a police raid on a house using a battering ram to bash down the door to a drug den s**t hole. I wouldn’t mind but this was just before 8am in the morning. You can imagine what it was like walking home at night.

It didn’t take me long to realise I should get the train to work. The local train company was First Capital Connect; a suitable train company for such a s**t hole of an area. Everyday going to work on a train that should have been discontinued in the 1960s.

Walking into a pub in Luton meant putting your life on the line. Nobody spoke to anyone and if you looked at someone the wrong way; then you should expect a glass in your face.

One of the most shocking moments of my year stay in Luton was on Christmas day. Where I went with my friend in his car to pick up some relatives. Only for my friend to point out the local McDonald’s. Explaining to me that it gets busier every year. I could not believe my eyes. The place was full of chav scum families having their Christmas dinner in McDonald’s. It wasn’t like a couple of families. The place was absolutely heaving with chav’s.

As summed up by someone at work who was visiting from the Prague office.

“I didn’t know what to expect from Luton. I was a little concerned because most friends I spoke with described it as England’s Toilet.”

I laughed when he said it because it was funny. Sad thing though; its the best description for such a s**t tip town."

Anyone else here as confused as I am?

I find it very difficult to verify a news story as legit now. Theres so much bias everywhere I look that nothing seems like a credible story.

Anyone else here as confused as I am?

I find it very difficult to verify a news story as legit now. Theres so much bias everywhere I look that nothing seems like a credible story.

I don't think it's actually that hard in most cases. I think that sites that aren't credible try to make it confusing. I've seen some stuff linked here from nutter sites, and I think "let's see about that," but that's usually pretty obvious.

Exactly and it's not like Weidman got totally outclassed either. He was up a round against Moose and even mounted him in the 2nd round. He was even going into the third against Romero before getting hit with the knee from hell. Shit, he was even starting to find a groove against Rockhold until in inexplicably threw the spinning wheel kick which spelled the end in that fight.

He lost 3 in a row but he has shown in each of those fights he belongs at the top level. He just didn't win them.

Weidman looked so gassed in the 2nd round through. I wonder if the weight cut was tougher than usual.

Anyway, Weidman can certainly make another run at a title. His ground game is so good that he is in every fight.

I think Weidman needs to take like 6 months off, and just recover. He seems to be getting wobbled by a lot.

That's rough. Even after the rockhold KO, I was hearing stuff that he had head problems and didn't really train smart. These loses are shortening his career significantly, especially if he isn't letting himself heal with his head. Problem is you can't always heal there

One problem I've long had with the UFC is that the matchmaking leads to sclerosis. It was a problem at 170 when GSP was on top and it's wrecked the HW title scene for a while. I think in certain rare circumstances (like Woodley/Thompson or Anderson/Weidman), the champ should get an immediate rematch and sometimes the top contender should, but otherwise, when you lose, you should re-establish yourself by fighting lower-top-10 guys or guys just outside the top 10.

One problem I've long had with the UFC is that the matchmaking leads to sclerosis. It was a problem at 170 when GSP was on top and it's wrecked the HW title scene for a while. I think in certain rare circumstances (like Woodley/Thompson or Anderson/Weidman), the champ should get an immediate rematch and sometimes the top contender should, but otherwise, when you lose, you should re-establish yourself by fighting lower-top-10 guys or guys just outside the top 10.

They've done it with too many divisions. With Pierre, it was during that Serra-Hughes-Pierre circle. Guys like Fitch and Alves were getting really screwed over. It's happening now with MW. You know you screwed up when you almost have to consider an interim for contenders because your having your champ boy fight any of the top five and they continue to plow through their Comp. I think they did it at LHW too where they allow their older legends to remain ranked high by only fighting each other and rarely giving the younger guys a chance to fight them.

They've done it with too many divisions. With Pierre, it was during that Serra-Hughes-Pierre circle. Guys like Fitch and Alves were getting really screwed over. It's happening now with MW. You know you screwed up when you almost have to consider an interim for contenders because your having your champ boy fight any of the top five and they continue to plow through their Comp. I think they did it at LHW too where they allow their older legends to remain ranked high by only fighting each other and rarely giving the younger guys a chance to fight them.

Kind of disagree about 185 now. Mousasi was allowed to fight his way into the top group, and Whittaker is getting a chance. They're giving Gastelum a chance (I still have trouble buying him as a MW, though). But, yeah, Weidman should not have gotten an immediate rematch with Rockhold, especially after the Nos. 2 and 3 guys fought each other on the same card as Rockhold's title win, making a clear contender. And he shouldn't have fought Romero. GSP shouldn't be getting a title shot (and of course Hendo shouldn't have gotten one). Etc. Some issues, but I don't think they're shutting anyone out at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back