War Room OT Discussion | Page 40

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JDragon, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cubo de Sangre Gold Belt

Cubo de Sangre
    I was happy to see Suga win TUF. Quite the opposite when he beat Rampage. That began the dislike. Then he got a lame decision against Hendo and it cemented me as a hater. Admittedly, when it comes to sports I can be petty like that. Fuck Evans and I hope his career ends in humiliation. Every time he fights it's one more opportunity to revel in his defeat. And you know what? If he wins that's just more motivation for him to get back in there with some elevated confidence so he can suffer a humiliating defeat. Strangely though I enjoy him as a commentator. Go figure.

Wadtucket likes this.
  2. Jack V Savage Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    Weird. I thought he was likable coaching against Rampage. The fight was a dud, but I think it's the fault of the loser (what Rashad was doing was working and he had no reason to do anything different, but Rampage needed to get desperate). It was kind of the era of takedown and do nothing, too. Lots of good fighters took embarrassing losses that way. Jon Fitch was No. 5 on Sherdog.com's p4p list, and a lot of people in the forums were defending that.

Glad that that's over (and Rashad adapted to the end of it). I think it's kind of been memory-holed.

Wadtucket and Kafir-kun like this.
  3. Cubo de Sangre Gold Belt

Cubo de Sangre
    Rampage is probably my second favorite fighter ever. You never held a sports grudge?

Wadtucket likes this.
  4. Jack V Savage Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    Hmm. I wouldn't have expected that.

And I don't think so. Kind of burns to see Donaldson doing so well given the shitty return Oakland got for him. Like, it would have been easier to take if I knew we were fucked either way. I've been accused of holding one against Mir, but I don't dislike the guy; just didn't think he was as good as his hardcore fans think he is.

Wadtucket likes this.
  5. Cubo de Sangre Gold Belt

Cubo de Sangre
    Loved me some Rampage up until he got boring. Then Hendo slipped into my top spot. Not I've got a clear-cut third. Rampage and Pride were a perfect match. :)

You never had someone you cheered against no matter who they fought? I'm not much of a hater as I've gotten older. As a kid though I definitely wished death upon Joe Montana. :mad::mad::mad::D

Wadtucket likes this.
  6. Jack V Savage Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    The Arona slam/headbutt was one of the greatest moments in Pride, and the Wand fights were legendary. Lots of fun fights. I was a fan, though I rooted for Wand in their fights. I don't normally get into fandom of individual fighters, though. I rooted for Fedor to do well after Pride was bought and we started seeing people smear his rep (I had rooted for Nogueira over him in their fights--I think that rooting for Fedor against Nog in their second and third fights would be like rooting for Everest to beat Hillary). Machida was my favorite for a while, first because I thought he wasn't getting his due (in terms of recognition as the best fighter in the division and near the best p4p and in terms of getting a title shot), and then seeing what a class act he was while on top. Plus the cool and unusual style. And I bet everything I could afford to bet on him beating Tito.

There might be someone I've always cheered against, but I can't really think of who. I always thought Tito was badly overrated and rooted for that to be confirmed, but I thought him beating Bader was a great moment. When I see someone get bashed a lot, it tends to make me sympathetic, but a lot of the people who get bashed a lot (Ronda, Jones, Bisping, etc.) are kind of douchey, which is why they get bashed. So I end up neutral.

Is it cool watching Holloway rise to the top? Hawaii's long had a thriving MMA scene, but no real superstars since Penn's decline.

Wadtucket and Kafir-kun like this.
  7. Fawlty Silver Belt

Fawlty
    He summited, get over it.

8. Cubo de Sangre Gold Belt

Cubo de Sangre
    Agreed for the most part. The wife was the huge Wand fan and reveled in any and all destruction he brought to the ring. I liked him but not against Rampage. I always cheered against Fedor up until he lost. Can still see him buckle from the Fujita shot. As a big fan of Barnett I really thought Josh was going to be the one to dethrone him. lol.

I like dominant champs and don't mind a douchey personality. Always even liked Bisping when he was mediocre. Well, more mediocre. :)

Would love to see Max get a belt. While not a Hawaiian native myself, I must admit to cheering for fighters from the state. Although Hapa turned me off a while ago. And Max is a fun fighter to watch too so being a fan makes it easy. Gotta say I don't hear much MMA talk in real life here, but I don't hang out with that demographic. The radio station I listen to will usually plug UFC or Bellator right before the cards.

Wadtucket and Jack V Savage like this.
  9. Cubo de Sangre Gold Belt

Cubo de Sangre
    Fucking Khabib not making fucking weight. Motherfucking cocksucking motherfucker. I'm now anti-Khabib. Tony should get the belt by virtue of showing up to fight. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  10. Fawlty Silver Belt

Fawlty
    Why the hell was that for an interim belt btw? The LW title just changed hands...

Wadtucket likes this.
  11. kpt018 Gold Belt

kpt018
    Apparently Khabib is in the hospital but yeah, that camp is constantly getting hurt and missing fights. I wonder if they're doing something differently or it's bad luck or just the guys there are injury prone.

Fuck us I was looking forward to that fight.

12. kpt018 Gold Belt

kpt018
    A great way to artificially drum up excitement? They have no idea what they're doing with these belts. And they're allowing Conor to bottleneck 2 divisions. He's a big star but c'mon, defend a belt just one time.

Wadtucket, pcptornado and Fawlty like this.
  13. Cubo de Sangre Gold Belt

Cubo de Sangre
    My understanding is the weight cut sent him to the hospital. No sympathy from me. Don't fucking weigh so much during camp. Khabib screwed the fans of both fighters.

14. Jack V Savage Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    We don't know when or if McGregor is going to defend the title. He's outside the actual title scene in a way.

Wadtucket and Fawlty like this.
  15. Lead /Led/

Lead
    I'm actually glad they made it an interim belt. I can't think of a time it's been more deserving for the two fighters involved.

16. SidJustice Master of the world and the universe

SidJustice
    I just wanted to see it as a five round fight. Should just be allowed to schedule five rounders without them having to be main events or for some BS belt.

Wadtucket likes this.
  17. Lead /Led/

Lead
    There definitely are comains deserving of five rounds. I remember when they originally made five rounds based on main events, I was completely against it. Now it's hard to see it without that.

Wadtucket likes this.
  18. Lead /Led/

Lead
    I think I'm going to be pissed for the next year about the Khabib thing. This is the fight I've been wanting to see for months now

19. 22k Haiku Expert

Mirsad be like

[​IMG]

20. Quipling Black Belt

Quipling
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.