War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the episodes tied for #1. Don't forget the Satanic Christmas critters. I was crying halfway through that episode.

Agreed.

oh woodland critter christmas.....sigh.

now i got images of santa wielding a battle axe. Stop member berrying me Lead.

oh woodland critter christmas.....sigh.

now i got images of santa wielding a battle axe. Stop member berrying me Lead.

Just remember Dynamic, the only way to truly get something you want is to encourage violence.

they just played a Tecmo Bowl commercial durring the Chiefs game. It was pretty funny.

they just played a Tecmo Bowl commercial durring the Chiefs game. It was pretty funny.

Saw that too. Just realized we are enemies tonight. Da fuck were we doing agreeing on good south park episodes?

I should be excited but I pretty much assume the way steelers win the super bowl is having the Ravens knock off the pats. We match really bad against the pats and the packers. If we win out of this final four, I'll be stunned

Figured I would share my latest set with you guys.

Now just an introduction. This room is notoriously hard. Most comics either won't do it or will bomb. The noise of an indifferent crowd is deafening and you just freeze.

Its also where I got my start. I have a pretty big following there, the majority of my sets are energetic but not angry. Two comics right before me bombed. Everyone was talking and so I went and tried to command it. Asking random hot girls if they like having their ass eaten might have gone bad but it killed.

Flame away.

Figured I would share my latest set with you guys.

Now just an introduction. This room is notoriously hard. Most comics either won't do it or will bomb. The noise of an indifferent crowd is deafening and you just freeze.

Its also where I got my start. I have a pretty big following there, the majority of my sets are energetic but not angry. Two comics right before me bombed. Everyone was talking and so I went and tried to command it. Asking random hot girls if they like having their ass eaten might have gone bad but it killed.

Flame away.

Ballsy to post. I applaud you for doing so.

Do you do sets often? How many times a week and is it at multiple places? I listen to rogan and burr talk about starting out with stand up and find it interesting the guts it would take to try something like that. You never know if something really works until you throw it out there to a crowd and so much of the timing and presentation has to be right.

Ballsy to post. I applaud you for doing so.

Do you do sets often? How many times a week and is it at multiple places? I listen to rogan and burr talk about starting out with stand up and find it interesting the guts it would take to try something like that. You never know if something really works until you throw it out there to a crowd and so much of the timing and presentation has to be right.
One of the best thing's Ive learned from stand up is I don't care what strangers think of my material. As you said it takes a lot of work to get your timing, which is just as, if not more important than a well written joke. I draw a lot of my inspiration from dudes like Kyle Kinane and Jim Jefferiee, offensive but self deprecating story tellers.

Jeselnik probably has the best timing I've ever seen though.

I do generally three sets a week, sometimes up to five. Im performing for the first time out of state next week and luckily going on tour this year. Recording a one hour interview as a featured artist on a podcast next week and have two huge sold out shows this wekend and next week I'm headlining a show named after me and doing thirty minutes, I've been fucking busy.

One of the best thing's Ive learned from stand up is I don't care what strangers think of my material. As you said it takes a lot of work to get your timing, which is just as, if not more important than a well written joke. I draw a lot of my inspiration from dudes like Kyle Kinane and Jim Jefferiee, offensive but self deprecating story tellers.

Jeselnik probably has the best timing I've ever seen though.

I do generally three sets a week, sometimes up to five. Im performing for the first time out of state next week and luckily going on tour this year. Recording a one hour interview as a featured artist on a podcast next week and have two huge sold out shows this wekend and next week I'm headlining a show named after me and doing thirty minutes, I've been fucking busy.
That's good shit man.. I hope it keeps getting better for you.

I should be excited but I pretty much assume the way steelers win the super bowl is having the Ravens knock off the pats. We match really bad against the pats and the packers. If we win out of this final four, I'll be stunned
They better win. The Pats need to fuck right off.

The plus side of things is.. Aarons Rodgers has gone into God mode the second half of this season. If the Pats do go to LI... Rodgers would be the man to deny them.

How do you balance the thick skin necessary to do what you do with the goal of improving and taking cues from the crowd? Think of Kipling: "If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too..."

That's good shit man.. I hope it keeps getting better for you.
Thanks man. I'll be doing a short tour to Denver and New Mexico in the next month or so. Hopping on the Greyhound and going on an adventure. You best believe I will have plenty of new material from riding the bus lol.
How do you balance the thick skin necessary to do what you do with the goal of improving and taking cues from the crowd? Think of Kipling: "If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too..."

I'm actually a little too dependant on the crowd in some respects. In that video I singled out one group, making the entire audience focus on them, then look back at me for what I will say next. Its a good exercise in holding an audiences attention.

While it's different from my usual act, in which an audience at a comedy show is there to pay attention, and will be warned for talking, its a good exercise in pacing, crowd control, and dealing with background noise.

I need my skin to get thicker by March though.. They're doing a roast in my honor and the people they have roasting me are really good at it lol.

Thanks man. I'll be doing a short tour to Denver and New Mexico in the next month or so. Hopping on the Greyhound and going on an adventure. You best believe I will have plenty of new material from riding the bus lol.
I absolutely believe you will have material from riding the bus. I took the bus from Chicago to San Diego and back one time. I have stories for days about the people I met and the shit they did during stops.

I absolutely believe you will have material from riding the bus. I took the bus from Chicago to San Diego and back one time. I have stories for days about the people I met and the shit they did during stops.

A comic I did a mic with from NYC is doing an entire tour on the bus. I can't even imagine the thing's he's seen. He liked my set so much he told me I will have a place to perform when I make it out to NYC, foot in the door ftw.

The bus does seem like a good place to get some writing done. Although I'm probably going to eat an edible in Denver to make the trip more entertaining on the way to Las Cruces.

A comic I did a mic with from NYC is doing an entire tour on the bus. I can't even imagine the thing's he's seen. He liked my set so much he told me I will have a place to perform when I make it out to NYC, foot in the door ftw.

The bus does seem like a good place to get some writing done. Although I'm probably going to eat an edible in Denver to make the trip more entertaining on the way to Las Cruces.
You and half the other people will be high on the bus I'm sure. I met a group of guys on the bus between Texas and Arizona that lit up every time we can to a stop.

I met a couple people wearing brand new white TShirts and sneakers and later found out that they were just released from prison. Apparently that's pretty standard if no one gives you clothes from the outside. I wish I would have added up all of the years that people on the bus said they served in prison too.

I also met a Hispanic guy with gang tattoos that was riding from NYC to LA. He said that he made the trip back and forth once a month. I fairly certain that dude was running drugs across the country.

They better win. The Pats need to fuck right off.

The plus side of things is.. Aarons Rodgers has gone into God mode the second half of this season. If the Pats do go to LI... Rodgers would be the man to deny them.

This is my other dilemma. I think the pats and GB stylistically are the worst match up for us and they are in the final four. Brady releases so quick that it makes our linebackers fairly worthless and even if we did get a hit, it likely would get some flag on it for how awkwardly they forced themselves in for the sack. If I was looking at the teams without for their weapons, we should have a good shot with our running game and weapons on offense to stay in the game but I hate betting on a win if I'm just reducing this to Ben vs Brady. Ben makes way more mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back