War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like she didn't see a single punch coming and Nunes threw like 20 of them. She looked partially out after the first one

Travis ruined her chin

lol, you know Ronda trained so hard and did everything right too.

Part of her terms for this fight had to be minimal media -- she probably blames PR pretty hard for her lost to Holly -- She definelty focused on training hard and no distractions -- so that beatdown has to her hurt her ego and psyche about 100x worse than her face.

Damn, i kind of feel bad for her -- that was the worst possible outcome; worse than a flash KO.

Just bleed

I don't think its as entertaining when they can just tee off with no threat of KO

Just bleed would be complaining about the division because of lack of KOs (what you are doing). Obviously different weight classes present different fights. A heavyweight fight is way different from bantamweight but to say the lighter guys are being less technical because the chance of being KOd is lower is crazy. They are very technical

Just bleed would be complaining about the division because of lack of KOs (what you are doing). Obviously different weight classes present different fights. A heavyweight fight is way different from bantamweight but to say the lighter guys are being less technical because the chance of being KOd is lower is crazy. They are very technical

I get that you are really reading into it for some reason, but I just don't give a shit about fights below 155 much

Did he leave that camp yet? I don't want to watch him fight again until he goes back to his old one

Don't think so, maybe her shortly since the Ronda train is off the tracks

Better question is how is Ed getting a license still?

I get that you are really reading into it for some reason, but I just don't give a shit about fights below 155 much

I think the promotion understands that too. You usually don't get those guys headlining ppvs, especially Johnson. I'm just saying your premise about the lack of KOs meaning they are somehow fighting reckless is silly.

I think the promotion understands that too. You usually don't get those guys headlining ppvs, especially Johnson. I'm just saying your premise about the lack of KOs meaning they are somehow fighting reckless is silly.

I wasn't commenting about recklessness, but if many of those manlets wanted they could go out and just rocky with little regard

I wasn't commenting about recklessness, but if many of those manlets wanted they could go out and just rocky with little regard

Some do. Swanson Choi just happened and there's farther back those Leonard Garcia fights. My point is those guys don't become champs from what I've seen. At heavyweight, you have a far likely chance going rocky and getting to the belt because like we mentioned, it's a different type of fight, different dangers / challenges etc.

I said Cubson instead of Swanson. That made me laugh

Pretty shocked Dom lost, and as badly as he did.

Did not think Cody had the experience to figure Dom out. Very impressive. Excited for the TJ fight.

lol, you know Ronda trained so hard and did everything right too.

I think she probably attributed the loss to distractions rather than massive technical flaws (head movement and footwork). On the one hand, she's young and talented enough to improve, but on the other she's a big star and established so I don't think it'll happen.

Pretty shocked Dom lost, and as badly as he did.

Did not think Cody had the experience to figure Dom out. Very impressive. Excited for the TJ fight.

Cody looked way better than I thought he would. Patient and intelligent in his approach. I thought he'd be catching air and gas, but he was brilliant. Happy to be wrong on that one (lost a little money, though) because we saw the emergence of a truly elite fighter.

Made money on Dillashaw but lost money on Rousey. Shouldn't have made a second bet just to make one when I really wasn't sure about most of this card line wise. Dillashaw was the only thing that felt good especially for the line

Made money on Dillashaw but lost money on Rousey. Shouldn't have made a second bet just to make one when I really wasn't sure about most of this card line wise. Dillashaw was the only thing that felt good especially for the line

Why not Nunes? Line opened crazy, but IMO Nunes was undervalued to the end.

Why not Nunes? Line opened crazy, but IMO Nunes was undervalued to the end.

I didn't really had an argument why she couldn't win. It didn't see how it would play out and just bet. I didn't want to bet on Cruz Gatbrandt and didn't like the undercard lines either. Should've just did one fight but did that one last minute

I think she probably attributed the loss to distractions rather than massive technical flaws (head movement and footwork). On the one hand, she's young and talented enough to improve, but on the other she's a big star and established so I don't think it'll happen.

Naw she's old in fighting years. Shes been competing at the highest levels of judo since a young teenager. Her knees, shoulders and elbows are shot. A while back on the JRE before her first loss Shaub said he couldn't see Ronda fighting for too much longer.

Lost on Cruz and Lineker bets, but broke even from Nunes. TJ fought really smart and I totally underestimated how much a factor his wrestling would be in the fight. Cody surprised the hell out of me.

Lost on Cruz and Lineker bets, but broke even from Nunes. TJ fought really smart and I totally underestimated how much a factor his wrestling would be in the fight. Cody surprised the hell out of me.

His takedowns were great in that fight. Really good performance

Everyone ITT needs to drop what they're doing and vote for Angie Varona:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/angie-varona-vs-alexandra-daddario.3426699/

tumblr_o5ldd3lmaz1v9tp81o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nla84kz1fC1u6nwqio1_250.gif

m8lbi9k.jpg

a_little_angie_varona_21.gif

tumblr_nmavtkmpm91tyr5cso1_1280.jpg

EiBWY9m.jpg

133.jpg

tumblr_n7fssiyIao1qdoxp5o1_400.gif

82s2Tpn.jpg