War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbrandt is fucking awesome. Bantamweight finally gets interesting

True. TJ feels like a horrible matchup for him though.

i can see why Cruz is the odds on favorite but i have to go with Cody on this one. Cruz's MO is unpredictable, evasive movements so it is super hard to get a read on him and react -- but Cody's power is something Cruz has not faced and his hands down, awkward stances makes him that much vulnerable to damage if a punch does connect.

Cody is also a fanatic boxer who has a impressive amatuer background and really solid kicks and footwork.

Cody 2nd rd KO.

Just quoting myself ....

True. TJ feels like a horrible matchup for him though.

Yea, even more excited to see that now. That's what I meant though. I finally give a shit about the division.

Good call, I didn't think the kid would hold up. He danced and fucked around a lot, but when the exchanges came, he was steady as hell.

I did think Cruz style would be too unpredictable for Cody -- but, Cody's footwork, pedigree and boxing skills were really undervalued -- he is one of the best "mma" boxers.

I feel if Cruz wasn't Wolverine, Cody would've gotten the KO.

Wonder what TJ thinks seeing that. There had to be stuff people hadn't seen prior to this fight that Cody obviously possesses. You didn't get too much footage or a guy with a hard enough chin to watch him display it

I did think Cruz style would be too unpredictable for Cody -- but, Cody's footwork, pedigree and boxing skills were really undervalued -- he is one of the best "mma" boxers.

Yeah Cruz' chin is sick. It feels like Cody got him to chase a lot. Cruz looked like he was running into a wall the whole time. I don't understand the technical bits about setting up favorable exchanges, but it's obvious Cody was baiting him into being exactly where he wanted him to be. And most importantly, Cruz never made him blink with that weird movement.

Ronda looking beefy tonight btw...

They weigh as much as this generation's 12 year olds, that's why the no KO and that's why adding all the weight classes was stupid. People are getting larger, they won't be able to fill them with adults forever

They weigh as much as this generation's 12 year olds, that's why the no KO and that's why adding all the weight classes was stupid. People are getting larger, they won't be able to fill them with adults forever

Yea. Fuck UFC for putting on that fight there. Wasn't entertaining at all. Wait what

Buddy, Cody is a KO machine.

I'm good w/135, 125 is where I start to shake my head.

Yeah Cruz' chin is sick. It feels like Cody got him to chase a lot. Cruz looked like he was running into a wall the whole time. I don't understand the technical bits about setting up favorable exchanges, but it's obvious Cody was baiting him into being exactly where he wanted him to be. And most importantly, Cruz never made him blink with that weird movement.

Ronda looking beefy tonight btw...

i was thinking the same thing -- Cody did a good job of not chasing and letting Dom come to him -- he just focused on cutting him off and redirecting him; like how you would catch a pet bunny that got out of his cage?

He seem to not get mesmerized with how Cruz moved, he just knew he would eventually end up where he wanted him.

Yeah, she looks pretty jacked - Nunes looks a bit nervous.

Yea. Fuck UFC for putting on that fight there. Wasn't entertaining at all. Wait what

Just bleed

I don't think its as entertaining when they can just tee off with no threat of KO

It's like she didn't see a single punch coming and Nunes threw like 20 of them. She looked partially out after the first one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back