War Room Lounge v7: Lead is a Totalitarian Monster Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your guys' opinions on covers that keep the basic lyrics the same but seemingly change the entire atmosphere of the song with how they play it.

Now, it might be because of the character in the vid but I really REALLY love this cover of Paint it Black:

Fantastic shit. You still have to appreciate the original.

For the record, this is the greatest cover song of all time:

I'd throw in The Animals House of the Rising Sun for just great covers in general.

As far as Dylan covers (no doubt Jimi's Watchtower is the best), the one I really want to see get an update is "It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry."

A lot of people have tried but nobody has knocked it out of the park.

As far as Dylan covers (no doubt Jimi's Watchtower is the best), the one I really want to see get an update is "It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry."

It's right there in the song title, bruh.

rs-9843-20130304-train-x624-1362433987.jpg

Fantastic shit. You still have to appreciate the original.

Anytime I hear Paint it black I have to listen to 3 versions of it

Paint it black is a truly great song and seems to hold up no matter who plays it

The number of Bob Dylan covers from all styles of artists is pretty staggering. Ministry's Lay Lady Lay has strong nostalgic value for me.

The number of Bob Dylan covers from all styles of artists is pretty staggering. Ministry's Lay Lady Lay has strong nostalgic value for me.

The vocals are not pleasant but I really like what they did with the music.

Please, if Bob Dylan had written it we would all call him a magician. And maybe a warlock for knowing about Tae Bo in the 70s.
They're like the Goo Goo Dolls to me. No redeeming value other than being a sure fire hit with the ladies.

Also, I heard a band on Fallon do a cover of Pink Floyd's, "Time" a few years ago. I really wish I could remember the band. It was incredible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back