War Room OT Discussion v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck up little camper. It's bounce back. :)

Ya, selling now would be stupid. May as well ride it out. It has to bounce back sometime. As Buffet, Michelangelo and Tolstoy said, patience is the key to success. I wish I could be buying at these prices though but I can't cuz all my money is tied up in falling stocks. lol.

Ya, selling now would be stupid. May as well ride it out. It has to bounce back sometime. As Buffet, Michelangelo and Tolstoy said, patience is the key to success. I wish I could be buying at these prices though but I can't cuz all my money is tied up in falling stocks. lol.

Yeah, can't sell in a panic. I'm still not a buyer outside of those small F and BP plays. If it hits 15k I'm throwing all my cash back in. Anywhere in-between and who knows.

It wasn't my claim. It was a widely reported statistic that as far as I know came from government info. Not like I was out gathering data, dude. So let's just say they had a bad five months and stats are more consistently like those reported in your link. So?

The claim that 90% of people killed in drone strikes are bystanders is yours (one you've made more than once, too), and it is untrue. The claim that a specific five-month period had that rate was widely reported (conversely, other periods of time had a below-average rate).

It's still a fuckton of dead non-targets and I think comparing the carnage to warfare misses the mark. It should be compared to results you'd expect from the police. Terrorists are simply criminals. They are not one nation starting conflict with another.

Again, that's all fine, but let's not base our arguments on falsehoods.

It seems to me that there's a real tendency here for people to think: "X is bad" and then progress from there into, "anything negative said about X is OK."

You're welcome to disagree. If getting something off your chest allows you to move on from tagging me in that sounds like progress. :cool:

I'd think that the decent response would be a thanks for the correction, a resolution not to repeat the error, and an adjustment to the position that was based on the wildly false claim.

Trying to think of a fighter that has had more rescheduled fights / opponents than Frankie Edgar

I'd think that the decent response would be a thanks for the correction, a resolution not to repeat the error, and an adjustment to the position that was based on the wildly false claim.

Thanks. Next time I repeat the 90% figure it I'll add the 5 month part. What's to adjust? You must not grasp my position at all if you think that would change it. Sure, 20% is far less egregious. If it all meets your standard of ethics then that's on you. Are we all done here now?

Trying to think of a fighter that has had more rescheduled fights / opponents than Frankie Edgar
Khabib... because of Khabib is the only one I can think of.

Edgar has been royally fucked in this situation IMO.

Yeah, can't sell in a panic. I'm still not a buyer outside of those small F and BP plays. If it hits 15k I'm throwing all my cash back in. Anywhere in-between and who knows.

You know it is bad when Cramer is going Bear. He said trying to find a good stock right now is like a needle in a haystack. I had a feeling it coming back yesterday was a Bull Trap. It was. lol.

You know it is bad when Cramer is going Bear. He said trying to find a good stock right now is like a needle in a haystack. I had a feeling it coming back yesterday was a Bull Trap. It was. lol.

I was fully expecting another large drop today when I turned on the computer.

Wanna make a prediction on where the Dow bottoms out? Just for fun. :D

Also, I just realized that Trump looks a lot like my late maternal grandmother.
urM3DXk.jpg

I was fully expecting another large drop today when I turned on the computer.

Wanna make a prediction on where the Dow bottoms out? Just for fun. :D

No idea. I am still new to this stuff. But if sell now it is guaranteed loss. If I have patience, it could rise again. Some companies are having problems though. Like Tesla. I am staying away from that. Musk is shooting cars into space to distract that they can't make cars or money. lol. It didn't work. Google and Apple have some problems too. NVIDIA actually did good today. especially after hours when earnings came out. That will probably come back to Earth tomorrow.

This will be like an experiment. Seeing if holding actually works like Buffett said. I am taking more of Mark Cuban's advice though. Keep a lot of cash. All extra money I could afford I put in stocks instead of savings I shouldnt have done that. lol. I just figured as a whole it would go up. So just pumped money into it. I think a lot of people got complacent that way. Just assuming shit would continue to go up.

No idea. I am still new to this stuff. But if sell now it is guaranteed loss. If I have patience, it could rise again. Some companies are having problems though. Like Tesla. I am staying away from that. Musk is shooting cars into space to distract that they can't make cars or money. lol. It didn't work. Google and Apple have some problems too. NVIDIA actually did good today. especially after hours when earnings came out. That will probably come back to Earth tomorrow.

This will be like an experiment. Seeing if holding actually works like Buffett said. I am taking more of Mark Cuban's advice though. Keep a lot of cash. All extra money I could afford I put in stocks instead of savings I shouldnt have done that. lol. I just figured as a whole it would go up. So just pumped money into it. I think a lot of people got complacent that way. Just assuming shit would continue to go up.

lol at the Musk comment.

Holding works eventually. I'm sure not cashing out my 401(k) no matter how scary the ride down. But after not having any cash during GFC crash taught me a lesson. Once the Dow hit 20k I started getting nervous for a correction. Then at 25k I figured it couldn't be too far off. That's why got rid of my shakier investments and kept only what I was willing to ride out. This time around I'm sitting on 40k just waiting to pounce. But pounce when? :mad::D

Ever applied for federal jobs? Some of them take forever, I got a conditional offer for a job I applied to TWO YEARS earlier. Lmao. Sorry I’m not gonna take a pay cut to move to Saipan now, I’ve got a wife and kid and home.
Yeah, just got a response from a job I applied for on the 25th of December. It was a no but I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit.

If you're taking pitches on relocation areas, St. Louis is the 9th largest metro area and has some of the lowest living costs of any major American metropolis. We have one of the best museum scenes in the United States, relatively low traffic, the best healthcare in the United States, and a bustling East Asian community through our universities and hospitals.

@Gregolian or you could come to the one State where being a 300lb brown hapa DOESN’T make you a minority. The beautiful weather, beaches and nature counterbalance the lack of a museum scene, shit-tier healthcare, and nearly worst traffic (in Honolulu) in the US. Oh the cost of living is outrageous too.

@Gregolian or you could come to the one State where being a 300lb brown hapa DOESN’T make you a minority. The beautiful weather, beaches and nature counterbalance the lack of a museum scene, shit-tier healthcare, and nearly worst traffic (in Honolulu) in the US. Oh the cost of living is outrageous too.
Yeah, but my job requires a suit generally... big dude... suits... the heat.....

Yeah, but my job requires a suit generally... big dude... suits... the heat.....

I see big guys in suits all the time. Most everyone else gets away with aloha shirts, but yeah the lawyers and clerks wear suits. When I have to testify I have to either wear a suit or my uniform. I go with the suit just to cover my tats

Hapa?

I've never heard that term, but I'm offended

Nah hapa is the local term for mixed haole with Asian or Polynesian. I’m hapa. It’s not considered offensive

I'm still offended.

And, considering your username is also derogatory to white animals, you're on thin ice.

Hapa?

I've never heard that term, but I'm offended

Don't be a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, pussy.

I'm sure you're joking, but fyi, it's a term that my wife identifies with acceptance. At least for her non-haole ass anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back