War Room OT Discussion v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's only the big big money calling the shots? Phew!! :D

What's your take on ABBV?

Cramer recommended that too tonight. Because at record highs there arent many buying opportunities. He's saying that Goldman is one of the few that is.

Abbvie is actually in a similar position now that I look at their chart. A doji and bullish confirmation. But these stocks are at all time highs. I am hoping a breakout by Goldman.

Screenshot_20180122-225254.png

Both are on the verge of either breaking out or slowing down/reversing. They are both testing resistance. They are both headed to uncharted territory. I don't know how it will go either. it is already in an uptrend and could come down.

dojis mean indecision. like see the yellow circled D in the right of that chart. what it points to. it is just moving sideways instead of up or down. everybody is in purgatory at this time. that is why it is so thin. So the next candle means everything. It shows what direction it is going now. So in general the candle that follows the doji is important. Cuz it shows people made up their minds. And the bigger the better.

I don't know. Both of these stocks are testing their limits. I would be more confident if we were in a downtrend and then we got those dojis. But both stocks have been going up.

Last edited:
Cramer recommended that too tonight. Because at record highs there arent many buying opportunities. He's saying that Goldman is one of the few that is.

Abbvie is actually in a similar position now that I look at their chart. A doji and bullish confirmation. But these stocks are at all time highs. I am hoping a breakout by Goldman.

Screenshot_20180122-225254.png

Both are on the urge of either breaking out or slowing down/reversing. They are both headed to uncharted territory. I don't know how it will go either. it is already in an uptrend and could come down.

dojis mean indecision. like see the yellow circled d in the right of that chart. what it points to. it is just moving sideways instead of up or down. everybody is in purgatory at this time. that is why it is so thin. So the next candle means everything. It shows what direction it is going now. So in general the candle that follows the doji is important. Cuz it shows people made up their minds. And the bigger the better.

I don't know. Both of these stocks are testing their limits. I would be more confident if we were in a downtrend and then we got those dojis. But both stocks have been going up.

I'm in unchrated territory myself with this stock. It sounded good in the $60's and I bought. It hit the $80's and and I cashed out due to the imeediate gane. Then it kept going up and it occurred to me it's still a good buy so fuck it. I bought back in at like $92. Unless there's a broad market crash I'm happy to stick with this one. If it drops significantly I'll cut it loose, but there's a long way to go before my second buy-in loses money.

Btw ABBV lost almost all its gains today in after hours. After hours are often wacky

I'm in unchrated territory myself with this stock. It sounded good in the $60's and I bought. It hit the $80's and and I cashed out due to the imeediate gane. Then it kept going up and it occurred to me it's still a good buy so fuck it. I bought back in at like $92. Unless there's a broad market crash I'm happy to stick with this one. If it drops significantly I'll cut it loose, but there's a long way to go before my second buy-in loses money.

Oh, nice. Getting it at 60. You sound like you trade like me. lol. I would do the same thing. Buy some stocks at 40 bucks and hit 60 and, ya know, why push my luck more? Sell. and possibly buy back when it dips. I have lost quite a bit of potential profit doing that. I guess I am not greedy enough.

The more you trade, the more you lose. But trading is fun. Warren Buffett said the best time to sell is never. lol. He wouldnt have cashed out at 80 bucks like us.

I wouldn't worry about it. Any dip will be small and it most certainly will continue going up in general. I would feel good with that stock as is. I wouldn't sell. Breakout would be great for you though.

I also wonder how this Trump solar power tariff will affect Tesla. Doesn't look good. Tesla is opening a factory in Buffalo which is right next to Canada and I assume buy at least some Canadian solar parts. CEOs of other solar companies already said this is gonna hurt but Musk said he is still going forward. It won't stop him.

Warren Buffett said the best time to sell is never. lol.

As someone with collector tendencies, I feel that sentiment. But yeah, that stock has been one of my better choices on both buy-ins when you look at the short time-span of the gains.

BP is a long-haul stock for me. Bought at $30-something. Keep thinking of buying more but I guess I've missed out on any enticing dips.

OK so my Oxford thread just disappeared without a notification..?! Cannot even find it in the Dump?

Strange times.

How do you measure this jack, when just about every bill, is 6 bills in one?

When someone votes for a budget that has some pork barrel spending in it, how is that measured Jack?

Furthermore, why do we need statistical evidence for this, when 1 example proves the corruption?

I've linked you to studies more than once. And even just logically, your theory doesn't add up (why are donors taking the chance helping someone who doesn't agree with them when there is a candidate who does?).

Corruption is corruption. But looking at the system, there's no evidence that campaign finance has the effect you think and a lot of evidence that it doesn't.

This is an issue I used to agree with you on and that I disagree with people that I usually agree with on. But the evidence is what it is.

As someone with collector tendencies, I feel that sentiment. But yeah, that stock has been one of my better choices on both buy-ins when you look at the short time-span of the gains.

BP is a long-haul stock for me. Bought at $30-something. Keep thinking of buying more but I guess I've missed out on any enticing dips.

Looks like Goldman and Abb are doing about the same today. about half a percent down. I am already up from Goldman though because I bought it early morning.

Some other stocks I just bought. A wood ETF. How can that go wrong? lol. Wood ain't going away. And if it is, the price will only go up. lol. Oh and Musk pulled a pathetic publicity stunt saying he wont get paid until Tesla performs. It was recently revealed that the SEC has been investigating them for months and it still doesn't look over. And now that one of their AI cars crashed, NTSB is looking into them too. lol

anyway, here is WOOD.

chart.png

The iShares Global Timber and Forestry ETF seeks to track the investment results of an index composed of global equities in or related to the timber and forestry industry.

I know this isn't a revolutionary idea but money corrupts people. It makes them not care anymore. Like these timber stocks I bought. Bulldoze those rainforests now. I dont give a fuck. lol. Goldman, Apple etc are unethical companies imo but they are making me money so.....

That is life in a nutshell. We are just trying to get paid and get out. We can't see past our own lifespans. Another reason things rarely change. The biggest thing that politicians do is sacrifice the future for the present. They have to appeal to present voters. Not future ones.

It's where all the veins meet, yeah.

Looks like Goldman and Abb are doing about the same today. about half a percent down. I am already up from Goldman though because I bought it early morning.

Some other stocks I just bought. A wood ETF. How can that go wrong? lol. Wood ain't going away. And if it is, the price will only go up. lol. Oh and Musk pulled a pathetic publicity stunt saying he wont get paid until Tesla performs. It was recently revealed that the SEC has been investigating them for months and it still doesn't look over. And now that one of their AI cars crashed, NTSB is looking into them too. lol

anyway, here is WOOD.

chart.png

The iShares Global Timber and Forestry ETF seeks to track the investment results of an index composed of global equities in or related to the timber and forestry industry.

Investing in Wood is about as Sherdog as it gets. :D

"At eighteen our convictions are hills from which we look; at forty-five they are caves in which we hide.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald,

Investing in Wood is about as Sherdog as it gets. :D

Another one I got. A maternity apparel company. lol.

imgpsh_fullsize

bac23c5d88798b672b2bde7136b7b34a_XL.jpg

I should go to my local one and look around. lol. The employees will be like, "Can I help you find something?" And I will say, "No, I am a shareholder of this company and just seeing how you run things." lol. She may think I am bigwig too.

I've linked you to studies more than once. And even just logically, your theory doesn't add up (why are donors taking the chance helping someone who doesn't agree with them when there is a candidate who does?).

Corruption is corruption. But looking at the system, there's no evidence that campaign finance has the effect you think and a lot of evidence that it doesn't.

This is an issue I used to agree with you on and that I disagree with people that I usually agree with on. But the evidence is what it is.

Nice dodge of my questions, which is what you always do.

Also, if a person already agrees with you, then why give them money at All?

Oh that's right, I'm sure boeing just really likes Cantrell and murray, and wants them to win because they already agree. Something, something about civic duty, for an institution that has a legal responsibility to not give money away, and make as much profit as possible.

Jack I really mean this. You are the dumbest smart person I have ever interacted with, which is why I call you disengenuous. I don't believe you.

Nice dodge of my questions, which is what you always do.

Also, if a person already agrees with you, then why give them money at All?

Oh that's right, I'm sure boeing just really likes Cantrell and murray, and wants them to win because they already agree.

Jack I really mean this. You are the dumbest smart person I have ever interacted with, which is why I call you disengenuous. I don't believe you.

Your questions weren't answerable in the abstract. Different studies have different methods for dealing with various issues. I've linked you to many studies on the issue over a period of time, and they all spell out their methodology so asking some kind of generic question like that will only lead to that kind of response or to more questions.

The reason donors donate to campaigns is to help elect people they want to win. Didn't you donate to Ron Paul? Did you think that he was going to change his position on something because of your donation or did you think he was the best candidate and you wanted him to win?

Yes, local industries support candidates who are on their side. Weird that you'd even consider that to be controversial.

And I don't really care about your personal insults. I invite anyone to read my posts and yours and judge for themselves. And your inability to understand that someone smarter than you might genuinely disagree with you is a major obstacle to your own personal development.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back