War Room OT Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else thought Lawler would be a solid favorite over RDA? Line surprises me (I'm seeing -105).

Is it the leg kicks and Lawler's refusal to check them?

Anyone else thought Lawler would be a solid favorite over RDA? Line surprises me (I'm seeing -105).

I think it was the Cowboy fight where Lawler took a round off and made the fight a lot closer than it should have been.

Leg kicks, Lawler's declining stamina (covered by pacing, but that allows him to be outhustled), general decline. RDA is slowing down, too, but he's more skilled (less talented) than Robbie, IMO, and likely to age better. I agree with the odds--tossup, leaning Lawler.

I think it was the Cowboy fight where Lawler took a round off and made the fight a lot closer than it should have been.
Maybe that's it. Or they think RDA will eat up that leg like he did to Nate Diaz. Lawler is similar in that way in that he just absorbs them.

IDK, my gut was that I love the line for Lawler but maybe I'm too bullish here.

Leg kicks, Lawler's declining stamina (covered by pacing, but that allows him to be outhustled), general decline. RDA is slowing down, too, but he's more skilled (less talented) than Robbie, IMO, and likely to age better. I agree with the odds--tossup, leaning Lawler.
Yeah I'm starting to back off of it as a great line for Lawler as I analyze it more for the reasons you're stating here. I'd bet Lawler just out of sheer toughness, size and talent (like you mention). I feel like RDA can certainly get KO'd here, but it probably is a coin flip.

Maybe that's it. Or they think RDA will eat up that leg like he did to Nate Diaz. Lawler is similar in that way in that he just absorbs them.

IDK, my gut was that I love the line for Lawler but maybe I'm too bullish here.

I could be biased because RDA might be my favorite fighter.

I could be biased because RDA might be my favorite fighter.
I love him too. He's really improved so much over the years.

I tend to be biased towards Lawler too, another guy that improved a ton and is pure toughness.

I thought he would be a favorite but I agree it's basically a toss-up, with Lawler being more consistent.

I thought he would be a favorite but I agree it's basically a toss-up, with Lawler being more consistent.
I think he has to fight flawlessly. I take Lawler in a war, although I am worried about his declining chin and stamina.

I like Lawler in this fight. RDA is going to have a hard time backing him up to the cage where he's most effective.

That said, I'm a big RDA fan and I could see him outworking Lawler for large stretches of the fight and winning a close decision.

I think he has to fight flawlessly. I take Lawler in a war, although I am worried about his declining chin and stamina.
It does seem like his chin is getting old and he is notorious for taking rounds off. RDA is a little inconsistent w/stamina imo so it's hard to say who holds up through the middle of the fight. If it comes down to a rd 5 slugging match it's Robbie with the edge no doubt. Early I like RDA. But what if he starts slow and throws lots of kicks? Could be interesting.

RDA talks a good game but i think Lawler is hungry and pissed he lost his belt...

i see it going like lil heathen vs rda
jeremy-stephens-ko-rda.gif
zn0mty.gif
Stephens-KO.gif

RDA talks a good game but i think Lawler is hungry and pissed he lost his belt...

i see it going like lil heathen vs rda
jeremy-stephens-ko-rda.gif
zn0mty.gif
Stephens-KO.gif
To be fair, he can step up and do that to anybody, especially a younger RDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back