War Room OT Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actual footage of me being offered a mod spot:

Youre g2g as long as you can pass the initiation process of the Etoro Tribe of Papua New Guinea.

It's a rite of passage for all mods.

Rumor is Ruprecht had prior experience which is why he skipped baby blue and went straight into the tribe.

Mr @Lead.......How are you tight flesh?

Twitter is dying. It's stock is low as shit and I researched to see if there was any hope for a rebound but no. That surprised me. Can't imagine a world without Twitter. Tweets break news all the time. This Weinstein shit has largely grown through Twitter. Twitter is only for celebs basically. I will be glad to see it fall.

They also estimate that Trump tweeting brings in signficant revenue to the company and is really the only bright spot they have right now. But they are still failing. They would be failing even more without Trump.

TWTR up around 20% today after reporting quarterly results. First-ever profitable quarter expected soon. Never invest based on your political views.

TWTR up around 20% today after reporting quarterly results. First-ever profitable quarter expected soon. Never invest based on your political views.

lol. I thought of you when I saw that. I told this girl I am seeing that Twitter was up 20% and she said, "I thought you said it was dying..." lol. It has nothing to do with political views either. It's up another 7% today. I like Elon Musk and won't buy Tesla cuz it is overpriced. Can't stand Zuckerberg but would probably buy him over Musk.

That's why I like the market. nobody fuckin knows what is gonna happen. you didnt know this would happen. get outta here. lol

I'm gonna have to stick to my position it is a shit stock and people should sell it. Twitter that is. And Telsa. I'll stick with BOTZ.

TixfDng.jpg

and Bank of America:

oQLYfgR.jpg

Last edited:
lol. I thought of you when I saw that. It has nothing to do with political views either. It's up another 7% today. I like Elon Musk and won't buy Tesla cuz it is overpriced. Can't stand Zuckerberg but would probably buy him over Musk.

I'm gonna have to stick to my position it is a shit stock and people should sell it. Twitter that is. And Telsa.

I remember when Facebook IPO'd. There was a thread here with everyone shitting on it. I had similar remarks to the ones I made about TWTR (not predicting that it would soar but knocking the bearish analysis--it takes a lot more work than people realize to even explain current valuations, and a lot more than that to get to the point where you can say that the consensus is wrong with any real confidence). I think you have the right idea about Tesla--not necessarily the call but the idea that liking the company or the business and management is very different from liking the stock. The thing about Tesla is that it's going to have to do really well going forward to just justify expectations, and it's pretty hard to figure where they currently stand. But you can't undersell the possibility that they can do that, and even exceed expectations.

Last edited:
But even after a strong report that showed user growth, Twitter must prove to investors its future relevancy.

Unless the social-media platform can somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat, I can’t imagine Wall Street getting excited about TWTR stock for more than just a few days after these recent earnings. Without a reasonable belief that Twitter can convert its monthly active users (MAUs) into advertising dollars, shares are essentially deadweight.

From where we stand, Wall Street has three major problems with TWTR stock. First, Twitter struggles to convince freeloaders to join their bandwagon. All the incentives to sign up, including the (false) aura of being connected with your favorite celebrities, to thelive streamingof professional sports games, failed. But somehow, management will convince advertisers to take a major risk? I doubt it.

The second problem is the competition. Why should advertisers and investors go with a speculative opportunity with a failed strategy when they can join a winner? Facebook, despite breaking 2 billion MAUs, is actually growing at a faster rate than in prior years. Nothing short of remarkable, that is.

https://investorplace.com/2017/10/twtr-stock-good-run-just-wont-last/2/#.WfOKa9QrLDc

No stock will rise if there isn't a plausible bear case.

I remember when Facebook IPO'd. There was a thread here with everyone shitting on it. I had similar remarks (not predicting that it would soar but knocking the bearish analysis--it takes a lot more work than people realize to even explain current valuations, and a lot more than that to get to the point where you can say that the consensus is wrong with any real confidence). I think you have the right idea about Tesla--not necessarily the call but the idea that liking the company or the business and management is very different from liking the stock. The thing about Tesla is that it's going to have to do really well going forward to just justify expectations, and it's pretty hard to figure where they currently stand. But you can't undersell the possibility that they can do that, and even exceed expectations.

I think Ford, GM and Asian companies can steal Tesla's model. They are investing more in electrics and they have a manufacturing capability that Tesla doesn't have. They have good talent too.

Facebook has been on fire. They have never had the drop off that Twitter had. I just don't know the ceiling on these stocks. Like Netflix. I think is about at its limit for the time being and I wouldnt buy even though the company isn't in trouble. It's hard to figure out. Facebook opened at like 50. When it hit around $80, who knows it could end up at 180 a year or so later. And now we are at 180. Is that the ceiling now? lol.

I wrestled over buying Twitter stock. I obviously wish I had now. I want to buy a lot. So much out there. Fitbit has had a similar drop this year and wrestled with buying them and didn't. Keeping Rite Aid tho. It keeps getting lower and I keep on buying. lol. not even sure why. Shit is down to like 1.50. I am not expecting the company to turn around but even $2 would be great.

No stock will rise if there isn't a plausible bear case.

And there are fuckin stock hype trains just like fighters. And I get pulled in. Like on Reddit, the hype over the forum like plantinum perry or something. It takes over and spreads.

I use robinhood app which does not charge any fees for trading. i am buying and selling. cancelling. all the time. lol. ill make an order at night and then think it over and cancel it an hour later. Doing the exact opposite Warren Buffett and my professor taught me. The more you trade, the more you lose. There weren't free stock trades then tho.

But still, Buffett says treat stocks like cars or your health. They should have to last a long time. Everyone is a huge decision.

@Jack V Savage

This is a company I have hopes for and think every American city should have it. Whenever a gun is fired the system gives the cop a pop up on his computer immediately with the location. Most gunfire isnt event reported to begin with.

Interview with CEO:

Also, what do you think of Ford at $12?

He also made a point about gun violence I didn't know. How "serial trigger pullers", like 20 of them make up the majority of shootings in Oakland. Gun violence isnt as widespread throughout these communities as I thought. It is pretty concentrated to a small group.

And the fact that most shootings aren't reported is evidence that gunfire has been normalized in these neighborhoods. People don't even bother to report it or are scared. This will report them all. No humans required.

And there are fuckin stock hype trains just like fighters. And I get pulled in. Like on Reddit, the hype over the forum like plantinum perry or something. It takes over and spreads.

I use robinhood app which does not charge any fees for trading. i am buying and selling. cancelling. all the time. lol. ill make an order at night and then think it over and cancel it an hour later. Doing the exact opposite Warren Buffett and my professor taught me. The more you trade, the more you lose. There weren't free stock trades then tho.

But still, Buffett says treat stocks like cars or your health. They should have to last a long time. Everyone is a huge decision.

That's not the only way to do it, but, yeah, it's a good idea in general. Or I'd really recommend regular people not try to buy individual stocks. Remember that gains from the market as a whole generally come from a small number of extreme outperformers, and it's very hard to predict which ones they will be.

BTW, I wasn't sold on Perry before (I predicted he'd top out as a lower top-10 type who is fun to watch after his fight with Roberts), but I'm starting to buy him as a top prospect.

@Jack V Savage

This is a company I have hopes for and think every American city should have it. Whenever a gun is fired the system gives the cop a pop up on his computer immediately with the location. Most gunfire isnt event reported to begin with.

Also, what do you think of Ford at $12?

Sounds like a good idea.

I can't really comment on Ford or any other company without doing a lot of work. I will say that I don't like their governance, and that you should take a close look at working capital. At a glance, looks like some real issues there...

That's not the only way to do it, but, yeah, it's a good idea in general. Or I'd really recommend regular people not try to buy individual stocks. Remember that gains from the market as a whole generally come from a small number of extreme outperformers, and it's very hard to predict which ones they will be.

BTW, I wasn't sold on Perry before (I predicted he'd top out as a lower top-10 type who is fun to watch after his fight with Roberts), but I'm starting to buy him as a top prospect.

Sounds like a good idea.

I can't really comment on Ford or any other company without doing a lot of work. I will say that I don't like their governance, and that you should take a close look at working capital. At a glance, looks like some real issues there...

Yes, I have heard that warning too. I know. lol. Do you think same about indexes? Some indexes look pretty safe to me. Like a bunch of AI and robot shit in Japan. How can that go wrong? lol. That is what BOTZ is.

I am just getting my feet wet. I don't plan on this being a long term investment strategy. It is actually kind of a way for me to save money. Like if I invest 1,000 in the market, even if I lose 20% I would still probably be up cuz I would have spent all that money on stupid shit.

and about over performers. Yeah, there is a lot of them that are obvious in hindsight. Like facebook and netflix. There are tons of overperformers. That shot spotting tech is one of them. They aren't extreme out performers but solid. I have low expectations.

Last edited:
and about over performers. Yeah, there is a lot of them that are obvious in hindsight. Like facebook and netflix. There are tons of overperformers. That shot spotting tech is one of them. They aren't extreme out performers but solid. I have low expectations.

Always obvious in hindsight, sure. But there's always people (including, though certainly not limited to, some very smart, knowledgeable people) shitting on them at the time. Otherwise they wouldn't be outperformers. A stock that everyone likes, that there's no reasonable or convincing to some but unreasonable argument against will not outperform.

Holy shit Covington is/plays a huge dick

Please Machida, I need a highlight. Not the Romero kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back