War Room OT Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're getting a good price, imo.

Yeah, its one of those too tempting to not to bet -- but theres x factors on GSP side that i wanted your guys opinion on. The guy is a beast and i would never expect him to take a fight if he wasnt sure he could win...but the injuries, the age, the time off, the noticeably getting hit more in the last 3 fights -- ughh.

Yeah, its one of those too tempting to not to bet -- but theres x factors on GSP side that i wanted your guys opinion on. The guy is a beast and i would never expect him to take a fight if he wasnt sure he could win...but the injuries, the age, the time off, the noticeably getting hit more in the last 3 fights -- ughh.
I'm probably a little too doubtful of GSP, but he left with shot legs and he cannot trade with Bisping over 5 rounds (his subpar striking was exposed by Johny). I don't think he'll have a big strength advantage like usual either so it shouldn't be takedown-at-will (Bisping will have opportunities to box). The game has moved past him. But amazing things can be accomplished with a shitload of juice and vaseline.

I'm probably a little too doubtful of GSP, but he left with shot legs and he cannot trade with Bisping over 5 rounds (his subpar striking was exposed by Johny). I don't think he'll have a big strength advantage like usual either so it shouldn't be takedown-at-will. The game has moved past him. But amazing things can be accomplished with a shitload of juice and vaseline.

Not a Georges fan? lol

wouldnt call GSP subpar striking -- i just think bisping is solidly technically with his hand and while is not great against brawlers with big power -- he should be able to handle GSP's rinse and repeat jabs.

Not a Georges fan? lol

wouldnt call GSP subpar striking -- i just think bisping is solidly technically with his hand and while is not great against brawlers with big power -- he should be able to handle GSP's rinse and repeat jabs.
That came off like I hate him lol. I'm mostly pro-GSP. His striking used to be really good but he didn't keep pace with MMA. The Hendricks fight showed how he handles a high volume striker who isn't scared of the takedown- not well at all. If he's completely healthy and can put the fear of the TD into Bisping he can bully him.

Bisping is a good bet in this fight. Bigger. Has good takedown defense and gets up quick if he does get taken down. GSP gets hit a lot. Look at his face after his last few fights. And Bisping is a volume puncher plus could knock out GSP with a single punch.

@Jack V Savage

Being in Orlando, I don’t have any special insight this time around, but I will reach out to some friends who are close to him and firas and see if I can get the inside dope.

Bisping is a fortunate champ imo, not near the top of the pile at MW. It’s george’s best title opportunity at MW or ww right now.

I don’t think we will be more beat up now, far from it. That being said the 4 years is long, a 1 year lay off would have made me more comfortable.

That being said I think my totally biased opinion is George can survive the strikes and out wrestles him for a desc.

I would also add that IIRC George was taking Rashed Evans down back in the day in wrestling practice, so that is at least one somewhat outdated data point.

I would also add that IIRC George was taking Rashed Evans down back in the day in wrestling practice, so that is at least one somewhat outdated data point.

anecdotes are always fun. lol. I remember hearing that Rashad used to dominate Jones in practice too and ronda dropping top boxers with body shots.

Rashad said he had a mold to beat Jones. He came in fuckin clueless. All talk.

Rashad, like Cormier, are not kings. Cormier talks up Cain more than Cain does. Cain is a king. Rashad thought he was a king and Jones would step aside like cormier did. But a real man does not let another control his destiny. How dare Rashad Evans stunt Jon Jones's career? Fuck that. You never take a back seat to another man. Cormier did the opposite. Accepted he was inferior. Rashad expected Jones to do the same but nope.

I cannot stand that servile attitude. Accepting a lower place in the gym. The arrogance of that too. That your career should be put on hold for another. A loser's mindset.

Lorca: Universal law is for lackeys.Context is for kings.

Cormier is the biggest lacky I ever saw. I could tell Rashad would lose to Jones just by the look on his face. At the weigh ins. Rashad was already beaten.

“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

Bruce Lee

Cormier limited himself cuz of Cain. He was so happy and willing to accept that limit from the start. That Cain will always be above him. Who fuckin thinks like that? A lackey. To settle is to die.

Like Warren Buffett. They asked him if he ever dreamed he would have the 3rd largest company in the world. He said nobody dreams about being third. He does not accept his place. He is always striving to do better.

"Those who hope for no other life are dead even for this." - Johann Wolfgang vonGoethe

Can you imagine Buffett or Bill Gates with these thoughts in their head?

"There will always be somebody who can beat us and we can never take on. Whom limits us and we must accept that." lol no. They dont accept that some larger force will beat them from the start.

Last edited:
anecdotes are always fun. lol. I remember hearing that Rashad used to dominate Jones in practice too and ronda dropping top boxers with body shots.

Rashad said he had a mold to beat Jones. He came in fuckin clueless. All talk.

Rashad, like Cormier, are not kings. Cormier talks up Cain more than Cain does. Cain is a king. Rashad thought he was a king and Jones would step aside like cormier did. But a real man does not let another control his destiny. How dare Rashad Evans stunt Jon Jones's career? Fuck that. You never take a back seat to another man. Cormier did the opposite. Accepted he was inferior. Rashad expected Jones to do the same but nope.

I cannot stand that servile attitude. Accepting a lower place in the gym. The arrogance of that too. That your career should be put on hold for another. A loser's mindset.

Lorca: Universal law is for lackeys.Context is for kings.

Cormier is the biggest lacky I ever saw. I could tell Rashad would lose to Jones just by the look on his face. At the weigh ins. Rashad was already beaten.

“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

Bruce Lee

Cormier limited himself cuz of Cain. He was so happy and willing to accept that limit from the start. That Cain will always be above him. Who fuckin thinks like that? A lackey. To settle is to die.

Like Warren Buffett. They asked him if he ever dreamed he would have the 3rd largest company in the world. He said nobody dreams about being third. He does not accept his place. He is always striving to do better.

"Those who hope for no other life are dead even for this." - Johann Wolfgang vonGoethe

Can you imagine Buffett or Bill Gates with these thoughts in their head?

"There will always be somebody who can beat us and we can never take on. Whom limits us and we must accept that." lol no. They dont accept that some larger force will beat them from the start.

Were you hearing this from people you knew and it occurred at the gym you trained at during the time you trained there? If not please put the crack pipe down you TLDR troll.

Were you hearing this from people you knew and it occurred at the gym you trained at during the time you trained there? If not please put the crack pipe down you TLDR troll.

I have seen you spar. You're a good and fair guy. Which is why you annoy me.

and guys like fawlty and I will always clash because he sees himself as the mother hen of the group and doesnt like strays. which i always am. he is trying to nurture and maintain a community.

like, you will never see me get close to anybody on here. lol. There is nothing wrong with that btw but it just isnt me.

and guys like fawlty and I will always clash because he sees himself as the mother hen of the group and doesnt like strays. which i always am.

like, you will never see me get close to anybody on here. lol. There is nothing wrong with that btw but it just isnt me.

Put down the drink bro

Put down the drink bro

I am drinking but it is true forum dynamics. Fawlty takes a lead role. I don't. Fawlty is something of a community organizer. Not talking shit either. But he organizes people and shit on here. He is a host in a sense. I am not like that.

I am drinking but it is true forum dynamics. Fawlty takes a lead role. I don't. Fawlty is something of a community organizer. Not talking shit either. But he organizes people and shit on here. He is a host in a sense. I am not like that.

Put down the weed bro

Put down the weed bro

lol. I am on that too. it is personality shit though. fawlty adds to the community and shit. like official threads on debating. he is mod material. I am not.

Actual footage of me being offered a mod spot:

DDL6LIBUIAAb7xn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back