War Room OT Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fight went kind of how I thought (minus leg kicks from Aldo), with a slow pace early favoring Aldo, Max trying to step it up and getting hit but not being discouraged and landing more later. But I didn't expect Max to be able to hurt Aldo so badly. I was thinking like it would go the distance with Aldo taking 1,2, and maybe a last burst to get 4.

I wonder where Aldo goes from here. He looked absolutely brilliant at times during the fight, but he seems old, despite not being old, and the chin might be diminished. He's now landed exactly one leg kick in his last four fights combined (obviously one of those isn't meaningful for the purpose of looking at his tendency, but one in three fights is still crazy for him).

I don't know why he hasn't been throwing kicks. It's weird, but I suspect he's devolving into a head-hunter.
v1

So damn hot here. 33 degrees Celsius here yesterday. I so wish we had an aircon in our place, but you see, we don't.

What are rent / buy square meter prices where you guys live? Living adjacent to one of the bigger cities, I'm paying 10 Euros rent per square meter, which is good (would probably be 13 if I had to make the contract now). Together with heating and water, I am looking at a cost of about 13 Euros per square meter and month. 1300 Euro per 1076 square feet. That translates to something of 1.35 dollars per square foot.
I'm paying almost exactly $2 per square foot, but that's because pretty much all single apartments run at around 1000$ a month here downtown, and space doesn't change that a whole lot. I have a friend paying $200 more for twice the space, and looked at a place that was 1100$ for 1200 feet. I went with great amenities, location, etc. over space.

USA looking dominant in the MMA world once again 6/8 titles

Tuna steak, seaweed salad, rice, steak tartare. Drank whiskey sours.

Oh my goodness, that is quite the sustenance Mr Savage...

Have you ever tried having some red wine at night from a day well earned?

I watched Nixon resign.
This is nothing like that and won't lead anywhere.

This got me thinking. How old are you guys? Talking about age brackets, not exact age. I am in my early to middle thirties.

Are you <25, 25-35, 35-45, 45-55 or older?

This got me thinking. How old are you guys? Talking about age brackets, not exact age. I am in my early to middle thirties.

Born in '70.
In fact watching the Watergate hearings is my first memory. My ma was a hippy.

25-30

I always think about forum users as kids, so for me you're all 15-22

edit: and I'm 16

30-35

I would think that generally the war room has the oldest posters on average.

30-35

I first visited Sherdog for grainy avis of Tank, Tito and Frank Shamrock around 1997/98 in my early teens.

30-35

I'd guess. I think everyone comes for MMA and then gets bored with the HWs and graduates to somewhere else, and politics is the most appealing to geezers.

Turned 35-45 today. Didn't find the WR until maybe 2008? Thought talking politics on the internet would be a waste of time. I used to be smart.

Turned 35-45 today. Didn't find the WR until maybe 2008? Thought talking politics on the internet would be a waste of time. I used to be smart.

Happy birthday!

I found the WR in April 2011--after seven years of only posting in the HWs.

happy birthday
you're born on the same day as David Mumford

Saves ever doing it in real life which probably saves some friendships. I find anytime people talk politics in real life, people end up angry at each other. People try to surround themselves with people they agree with and when they run into opposition, they get defensive and thus angry. This place lets me talk without worrying about that stuff cause usually people here have thicker skin or if they get mad at me, it's not the end of the world having someone I never met dislike "Lead".

Saves ever doing it in real life which probably saves some friendships. I find anytime people talk politics in real life, people end up angry at each other. People try to surround themselves with people they agree with and when they run into opposition, they get defensive and thus angry. This place lets me talk without worrying about that stuff cause usually people here have thicker skin or if they get mad at me, it's not the end of the world having someone I never met dislike "Lead".

4LIhZj4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back