War Room OT Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my coworkers told me today that he hates talking/debating politics with people like me because I distrust government in general regardless of political affiliation. I basically shit all over 90 percent of the Federal government and what they do and don't take sides. Anyone else have this problem?

You mean besides your co-worker? Yeah, there's almost always a trade-off with policy so if you're talking to someone who just focuses on the downsides without offering a viable alternative, it can be annoying.

Man, I cannot remember the last time I was this excited for a card. Jones is such a wild card to me, considering how long he has been out. But he has not been injured, so I cannot just write him off like I do Cain most of the time. I will not hold the OSP fight against him, as he had just come back, been preparing for DC, and had a much bigger fight coming up in 2 months. We see so often late replacements screwing up fighters that should easily dominate the other guy, and it is not like Jones even remotely struggled.

I am rooting for Jones, but he is just such a wild card at this point. I also really want to see if DC changes his strategy at all from the first fight. This is Jones' first rematch as well, which could either be good or bad for him depending on if he adjusts like GSP used to do, or comes in like Rockhold not concerned.

One of my coworkers told me today that he hates talking/debating politics with people like me because I distrust government in general regardless of political affiliation. I basically shit all over 90 percent of the Federal government and what they do and don't take sides. Anyone else have this problem?

I can't help it that I don't want to play the partisan game.

You are consumed by your indignation of the collectives and their insidious shadow. Embrace your chaos so that you can be at peace towards that of which frightens and tightens your flesh Mr TeTe.

@Clippy

10437734.gif

Man, I cannot remember the last time I was this excited for a card. Jones is such a wild card to me, considering how long he has been out. But he has not been injured, so I cannot just write him off like I do Cain most of the time. I will not hold the OSP fight against him, as he had just come back, been preparing for DC, and had a much bigger fight coming up in 2 months. We see so often late replacements screwing up fighters that should easily dominate the other guy, and it is not like Jones even remotely struggled.

I am rooting for Jones, but he is just such a wild card at this point. I also really want to see if DC changes his strategy at all from the first fight. This is Jones' first rematch as well, which could either be good or bad for him depending on if he adjusts like GSP used to do, or comes in like Rockhold not concerned.

So amped for this card -- definitely on the "shut up and take my money" status as soon as i saw the finalized line up.

The question is what the hell is DC going to change his strategy to?? Word is he has been focusing less on the grinding game during training and more on the striking -- but, really, is he really going to get THAT much better at the standup to give JJ a challenge? Doubtful at best.

Even with the extended hiatus from fighting -- i think JJ uses his length to keep DC outside and pick him apart for a UD. DC's grappling ability nullified and his striking limited, i dont see how he pulls this off.

Unless Jones is so consumed by bloodlust that he puts himself in a position to get caught (he always seems composed when fighting) this is still his fight to lose.

I think the 3 title fights are pretty clear cut on who is going to win -- with first round Maia being perhaps the most threatening -- but Woodley's striking and Wrestling should be enough to get the finish

Side question: what would all of you pay for a subscription based streaming service that included ppv's? 400 - 500 a year range?

Side question: what would all of you pay for a subscription based streaming service that included ppv's? 400 - 500 a year range?

I pretty much buy them all (and Fight Pass), but not sure I'd pay $500, even if it came with Fight Pass. 213 was shit, and I don't want to encourage more of that. I want them to work for the buys. $400 would be hard to pass up, though.

So amped for this card -- definitely on the "shut up and take my money" status as soon as i saw the finalized line up.

The question is what the hell is DC going to change his strategy to?? Word is he has been focusing less on the grinding game during training and more on the striking -- but, really, is he really going to get THAT much better at the standup to give JJ a challenge? Doubtful at best.

Even with the extended hiatus from fighting -- i think JJ uses his length to keep DC outside and pick him apart for a UD. DC's grappling ability nullified and his striking limited, i dont see how he pulls this off.

Unless Jones is so consumed by bloodlust that he puts himself in a position to get caught (he always seems composed when fighting) this is still his fight to lose.

I think the 3 title fights are pretty clear cut on who is going to win -- with first round Maia being perhaps the most threatening -- but Woodley's striking and Wrestling should be enough to get the finish

I have barely gone to see any cards this year, and I prefer going to the bar for the crowd reaction, so I would pretty much only buy a sub if it were too cheap for them to make money.

I pretty much buy them all (and Fight Pass), but not sure I'd pay $500, even if it came with Fight Pass. 213 was shit, and I don't want to encourage more of that. I want them to work for the buys. $400 would be hard to pass up, though.

Im buying at least 8-9 ppv's a year at $70 a pop (fight pass on top of that) -- so i would certainly be interested in seeing what an all inclusive subscription based model would look like.

I agree i would want them to work for the buys (although i think the casuals who buy the bulk of the big 1-3 cards a year wouldnt go for a sub model) so they still would try to structure cards to reel in that market.

400-500 a year (even with the possibility of more 213's added in) for an more all inclusive model (similar to what the wwe does now) would probably be a no brainer for me. Wondering if enough of the 200-300 baseline diehard ppv buyers would do the same; and, if that would be profitable for the UFC? (or if they could stop airing ppv's on cable networks in europe to convince them to subscribe as well)

Im buying at least 8-9 ppv's a year at $70 a pop (fight pass on top of that) -- so i would certainly be interested in seeing what an all inclusive subscription based model would look like.

Wait, is that CAD? I'd pay 500 Canadian dollars for sure.

Should be an easy victory for Jones. But that's assuming pre-USADA Jones is the same hormonally as post-USADA.

They should do something like a season pass but I can see it losing them money but securing it a little more.

For how much people bitch about fight pass when it's like $10, I can only imagine the bitching that they'd try to package a years worth ppvs together. I have no idea how someone could be a fan and not think fight pass isn't worth that price a month.

I can feel your salivation as you desire to consume the dark flesh...

Dude nothing about race, any boxer at an elite level is going to total demolish any MMAist who decides to box with him.

Dude nothing about race, any boxer at an elite level is going to total demolish any MMAist who decides to box with him.

All are delicious Mr Denter, all must be consumed for the ultimate taste. The pillars of The Nexus stimulates the fantasy of the dark flesh in the Ivory cortex, they long for it, the intimate narrative warms their disposition. The oscillation that frenzies those sweet and tight encephalitic walls will secrete the hymns of mans genesis. Welcome all of it deep inside of you...

All are delicious Mr Denter, all must be consumed for the ultimate taste. The pillars of The Nexus stimulates the fantasy of the dark flesh in the Ivory cortex, they long for it, the intimate narrative warms their disposition. The oscillation that frenzies those sweet and tight encephalitic walls will secrete the hymns of mans genesis. Welcome all of it deep inside of you...
u gay af

You can't avoid what has begun long ago Mr Denter. You cannot abscond from your narrative. What you have now is the opportunity to embrace that of which will radiate your incarnation.

Lol 500 CAD for me.

Wait, what do you guys pay a month for netflix?

Just checked, and 500 Canadian is 400 American. So, yeah, that's in the range where I think it's a good deal regardless of the concerns I have (for now). Netflix is practically free, like 9 bucks a month or something. I think I remember it rising, but not much.

Just checked, and 500 Canadian is 400 American. So, yeah, that's in the range where I think it's a good deal regardless of the concerns I have (for now). Netflix is practically free, like 9 bucks a month or something. I think I remember it rising, but not much.

Just use someones account. You can come over to my house when you visit the great north. I will gladly give you my account, and we can spend time watching shows over red wine as we learn from one another Mr Savage.

Just use someones account. You can come over to my house when you visit the great north. I will gladly give you my account, and we can spend time watching shows over red wine as we learn from one another Mr Savage.

I have my own account, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back