War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
qafXu2N.jpg

soccer, much like baseball is much better when there live and inebriated

17103599_10158496402780314_6229657420584322740_n.jpg
I really wanted to go to match (knowing fuck all about soccer) when I was in London a week and half ago. But getting tickets and halfway reasonable price for Prem League games is next to impossible.

I really wanted to go to match (knowing fuck all about soccer) when I was in London a week and half ago. But getting tickets and halfway reasonable price for Prem League games is next to impossible.

ive been to a couple of big games in Barcelona -- the "el clasico" they have with Real Madrid is absolutely insane. Im not a soccer guy at all but just atmosphere between two clubs and cities who genuinely, fully and completely hate each other is wild to experience; especially when you're neutral. Nothing in north american sports come close to that rivalry. The tickets were just ridiculously priced -- but it was one of those do it once, just to experience it, purchases.

Went to a Barcelona v Man City and got what i thought would be cool seats in the first couple of rows, but it was a weird setup. They dip down and are behind a barrier, so when you are sitting it its a shit view.

29v1341.jpg

But, most people stand, and the view was better

1yo22e.jpg

ndo9z9_th.jpg

Where have all the nazis gone?

What's the deal with UFC on Fox 24 (DJ/Reis) not having any odds available? Really interested in seeing the Whittaker/Souza line. Want to look more closely, but at the moment, I'm leaning toward Whittaker, even though Jacare is one of my favorites.

What's the deal with UFC on Fox 24 (DJ/Reis) not having any odds available? Really interested in seeing the Whittaker/Souza line. Want to look more closely, but at the moment, I'm leaning toward Whittaker, even though Jacare is one of my favorites.

Oddshark has it at -300 to +195 for Souza.

You think Whittaker can stop Jacare from getting the takedown? Not sure i see that happening at all

I learned a new, funny term today that describes people who make identity politics their main priority: Identitarians

LOL

Oddshark has it at -300 to +195 for Souza.

You think Whittaker can stop Jacare from getting the takedown? Not sure i see that happening at all

I really like those odds. Like I said, I'll want to rewatch a bit, but I'm leaning slightly toward Whittaker at this time.

DC vs Rumble and Weidman vs Mousasi are very hard to pick.
I think I might go with Rumble by KO and Weidman by UD. Anyone want to try to convince me otherwise?

I think I might go with Rumble by KO and Weidman by UD. Anyone want to try to convince me otherwise?

Both reasonable picks. Weidman needs to be advancing and pressuring to be successful at the top level, and Mousasi can shred him standing or even work around the perimeter and score, but obviously if Weidman gets the fight to the ground, he'll dominate. His last two losses were to guys who were bigger, faster, stronger, and much better wrestlers than Mousasi. I'm leaning Mousasi but it's almost a 50/50 fight (and the odds reflect that--no bet for me).

No idea about DC/Rumble. I'm always nervous about picking people who are in their late 30s and people coming off layoffs. DC has the skills to do what he did last time, but Rumble can also knock his head off, and I think he's more likely to improve on his performance than DC is (seemed like he was maybe a little jittery, which led to overaggressiveness).

Ok I know that the WR is the place to come on here for conspiracy theories....what do you guys think about the weigh-ins today? Aside from the whole thing with the towel, am I in tinfoil territory in thinking that there may have been something sketchy about what went down? DC weighs over by 1.2, comes back in 2 minutes and is bang on. Rumble comes right out and weighs 1.2 under....wtf? The idea that the commission could have engaged in some fuckery with the scales is crazy I know, but so is the coincidence of Rumble coming in under by that exact amount. Hell, just the idea of Rumble cutting more weight than he had to is crazy in itself. What do you guys think?

DC will survive the first and tire Rumble out again just like last time. Weidman will use his rasslin and get a UD.

DC will survive the first and tire Rumble out again just like last time. Weidman will use his rasslin and get a UD.
Re: DC/Rumble, the first fight was a short notice change for Rumble, which might be why he lost his patience and over committed on strikes. DC is coming off an injury and his weight cut may not have been ideal. I'm feeling good about picking him as the new champ.
That's pretty much how I see the Weidman/Mousasi fight going, but Mousasi has the tools to make that a difficult fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back