War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i agree -- but Reem is a legit kick boxer with enough experience to use his reach -- he doesnt get KO'd by guys sub 6ft. He could try to repeat their dream fight, i agree -- but i think it will go 3 rounds -- 30-27

The weird thing with The Reem is that on paper he is the best striker in the UFC. But in reality he struggles to implement his striking, especially post Big Foot. The thing with The Reem is he mentally breaks in a fight BEFORE he gets tagged. Before Browne and Rothwell put him out his face changed and he froze, allowing them to smack him. It is like he realized that he wont be able to put them away quickly and got scared of the prospect of fighting a proper fight. A similar thing happened in his title fight.

Now before Bigfoot he had gained a lot of confidence, and that showed. he was throwing flying knees against Thompson and generally not giving a fuck, which I think helped him a lot. With Werdum he went 3 rounds pretty easy (he gassed) but it did not look like he was mentally broken. That Reem won the K1 Tourney.

Now against HUNT he knows HUNT is an absolute monster of a puncher, and HUNT only needs to connect once to kill him. At some point he may freeze up. Last time they fought HUNT essentially took him down (and that was out of shape HUNT). Furthermore he isn't the best at rematches (see Kharitonov).

So on paper, The Reem should be able to dance around HUNT for 3 rounds. But in reality? I see him breaking at some point and getting stopped. I think he needs to stop HUNT quick in order to win, and he could do that with a Tiger Knee but I don't think he will go for that strategy.

Honestly The Reem should leave the UFC for like 3-4 fights (and kickboxing fights) and just beat the living shit out of some fighters to regain his confidence. Prime The Reem was the scariest heavy weight ive ever seen.

good times

WmwgRLi.png

the democrats losing streak so terrible, a Republican could win this election as well.

and no, I've never heard of this before. It's fucking bizarre. This is definitely the JV team of the democratic party.

I just realised I was watching an old debate, not the most recent one. I looks like they've had quite a few of these.

Who even votes? The primary delegates? The most recent one had that one girl who kept saying she would keep white people in check about their privilege. The party has a tough situation right now dealing with the progressive end that just wants to talk identities politics and group rights over anything else.

and no, I've never heard of this before. It's fucking bizarre. This is definitely the JV team of the democratic party.

It's not usually done because it's an insignificant role and almost no one usually cares. But nutters on the left got a distorted idea of the importance of the committees as a result of the Wikileaks stuff so this year, for pretty much the first time ever, there's enough public interest in the selection that some media outlets are covering the preliminary stuff. It's basically like covering the MLS draft on EPSN.

The weird thing with The Reem is that on paper he is the best striker in the UFC. But in reality he struggles to implement his striking, especially post Big Foot. The thing with The Reem is he mentally breaks in a fight BEFORE he gets tagged. Before Browne and Rothwell put him out his face changed and he froze, allowing them to smack him. It is like he realized that he wont be able to put them away quickly and got scared of the prospect of fighting a proper fight. A similar thing happened in his title fight.

Now before Bigfoot he had gained a lot of confidence, and that showed. he was throwing flying knees against Thompson and generally not giving a fuck, which I think helped him a lot. With Werdum he went 3 rounds pretty easy (he gassed) but it did not look like he was mentally broken. That Reem won the K1 Tourney.

Now against HUNT he knows HUNT is an absolute monster of a puncher, and HUNT only needs to connect once to kill him. At some point he may freeze up. Last time they fought HUNT essentially took him down (and that was out of shape HUNT). Furthermore he isn't the best at rematches (see Kharitonov).

So on paper, The Reem should be able to dance around HUNT for 3 rounds. But in reality? I see him breaking at some point and getting stopped. I think he needs to stop HUNT quick in order to win, and he could do that with a Tiger Knee but I don't think he will go for that strategy.

Honestly The Reem should leave the UFC for like 3-4 fights (and kickboxing fights) and just beat the living shit out of some fighters to regain his confidence. Prime The Reem was the scariest heavy weight ive ever seen.

Reem would be well served going back to his wrestling, do some damage like he did against Rogers. Even if Hunt doesn't get too damaged, he's slow enough from the bottom that it will look pretty rough to the judges and ref. Reem has a few ways to win this fight, Hunt only has one. I do love watching Alistar lose fights he should win though, one of my guilty MMA pleasures.
knockout-gif.gif

On a side note, why are there so few likable HW's right now? Is it just me?

Reem would be well served going back to his wrestling, do some damage like he did against Rogers. Even if Hunt doesn't get too damaged, he's slow enough from the bottom that it will look pretty rough to the judges and ref. Reem has a few ways to win this fight, Hunt only has one. I do love watching Alistar lose fights he should win though, one of my guilty MMA pleasures.
knockout-gif.gif

On a side note, why are there so few likable HW's right now? Is it just me?

HW used to be the best now its bland. I agree The Reem should try to submit/GnP HUNT.

good times

WmwgRLi.png

Does this mean his next account will say previously Jesusfreak and righteouswar? He's going to run out of sig space at this rate

Opinions on the GSP-Bisping opening line?

I think it's really amazing GSP has a longer reach still at MW. Wasn't even surprised when I looked it up.

I think it's really amazing GSP has a longer reach still at MW. Wasn't even surprised when I looked it up.
GSP as a favorite fails the smell test pretty hard for me. At the end of his career his knees seemed bad and he didn't look great on his feet. For him to be favorite vs the MW champ he needs to be super healthy and improved standing, and without much ring rust. Bisping and the sport in general seem to have moved past him. If anybody can do it GSP can, but it's also a tough matchup for his striking and his takedowns.

I have no idea how to handicap this one because there's no telling what to expect from GSP. Obviously at his best, he would have been a big favorite over Bisping. BTW, fucking crazy to think that Bisping could have wins over Silva and GSP.

I have no idea how to handicap this one because there's no telling what to expect from GSP. Obviously at his best, he would have been a big favorite over Bisping. BTW, fucking crazy to think that Bisping could have wins over Silva and GSP.

Oh god. I didn't even think about that. That's an awful thought to me and I don't even have any hate towards Bisping

Oh god. I didn't even think about that. That's an awful thought to me and I don't even have any hate towards Bisping

Yeah, ditto. Never got the hate for Bisping but never regarded him as a top guy. So weird to think he's a champion in 2017--on the downside of a so-so career--and he might actually make two successful title defenses, against two legends. Could tie Franklin for the third-longest title reign in the history of the division. LOL!

What's everyone's take on 209? I like Thompson again, though with no confidence. I don't feel like I "get" Woodley enough to really feel confident picking for or against him. And even though I think Khabib might be p4p No. 1, I'm not sure he has this one. I guess I'd pick him at even odds, but I think if there's any value in the line, it's probably on Ferguson. Obviously comes down to whether Ferguson can keep it standing (he has a good ground game, but not on Khabib's level).

Last edited:
Yeah, ditto. Never got the hate for Bisping but never regarded him as a top guy. So weird to think he's a champion in 2017--on the downside of a so-so career--and he might actually make two successful title defenses, against two legends. Could tie Franklin for the third-longest title reign in the history of the division. LOL!

What's everyone's take on 209? I like Thompson again, though with no confidence. I don't feel like I "get" Woodley enough to really feel confident picking for or against him. And even though I think Khabib might be p4p No. 1, I'm not sure he has this one. I guess I'd pick him at even odds, but I think if there's any value in the line, it's probably on Ferguson. Obviously comes down to whether Ferguson can keep it standing (he has a good ground game, but not on Khabib's level).

I'll be cheering for Wonderboy and Tony, but have little confidence. Less in Tony.

I'll be cheering for Wonderboy and Tony, but have little confidence. Less in Tony.

Big fan of all four guys in the co-mains. Both fights are really hard to call. Great fucking card. Wish they switched out the Bektic and Evans fights, though.

Big fan of all four guys in the co-mains. Both fights are really hard to call. Great fucking card. Wish they switched out the Bektic and Evans fights, though.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Khabib win. Never had any feelings one way or the other toward Woodley. As for Evans, if he gets his ass beat I'm happy to see it no matter where on the card it is. And here's to Hunt knocking Overeem completely unconscious. :)

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Khabib win. Never had any feelings one way or the other toward Woodley. As for Evans, if he gets his ass beat I'm happy to see it no matter where on the card it is. And here's to Hunt knocking Overeem completely unconscious. :)

There was a point in Evans career where he just went into "fuck it"/coast mode. Use to really root for him but some of his fights just completely pissed me off. Part of it was him being a wrestler who went all in on his striking but it was more than that. The Evans/Lil Nog fight still pisses me off.

No idea how to handicap the GSP fight -- he's been absent for almost 4 years, two knee surgeries, 35 yrs old and taking his first fight at 185 where he will be severely undersized. You have to give Bisping the fav line, but GSP is such an analytical and strategic guy -- can't see him taking this fight unless he was sure he could win.

209 is a great card -- but I have to take Woodley and Nurmagomedov. wonderboy just seemed to work on his strength for the rematch which won't be enough to keep Woodley off of him and I just can't bet against Khabib's grappling and freakish strength. Although, I wouldn't be shocked in the least if Tony pulls it off -- that guy has the confidence and record to be a fav nearly against anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back