War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyones plans for UFC 205? Didn't realize until this week we lost Evan-Kennedy and also Lawler-Cerrone and then Gastelum-Cerrone. Card is still very stacked however. I think it will outperform UFC 200 but that isn't saying much
I'm gonna miss it, although i have a lot of bets down..probably just gonna play aging relics on my XBOX and go on a Mixerr reviews bender

I'm gonna miss it, although i have a lot of bets down..probably just gonna play aging relics on my XBOX and go on a Mixerr reviews bender

I'd go on a rant about how horrible YouTube is too humanity but I'll refrain as I am wasting time in a MMA political subforum. I hope that guy improves his leadership. Looked pretty low energy to me.

I'd go on a rant about how horrible YouTube is too humanity but I'll refrain as I am wasting time in a MMA political subforum. I hope that guy improves his leadership. Looked pretty low energy to me.
Oh this video was a couple of years ago now..his leadership skills have improved greatly.

Gay Jesus H. Christ I think I heard Chris' skull poped from 8,000 miles away!!!!

Good question , I think what brought me here was arguing about global warming with the likes of Gotti Mcaren way way back , I thought that issue was pretty settled and then Trump goes and gets elected .....
tbh, I'm the one that banned him those years back. As such, I'd be the golem in his way to reinstatement (provided his account wasn't deleted in the merge.

I could look into it, as I don't remember why I did, but it was pretty objective.

Do any of you guys keep in contact with him? Would he even come back?

Gay Jesus H. Christ I think I heard Chris' skull poped from 8,000 miles away!!!!

I thought after two rounds, he had a sure win. Can't believe it ended with a takedown attempt eating a knee. That's the biggest thing they should've been worried about

tbh, I'm the one that banned him those years back. As such, I'd be the golem in his way to reinstatement (provided his account wasn't deleted in the merge.

I could look into it, as I don't remember why I did, but it was pretty objective.

Do any of you guys keep in contact with him? Would he even come back?
Gotti was a sh*t poster , walls and walls of spam text he wouldn't even attempt to back up when called on specifics , I have no doubt it was a clean ban .

I thought after two rounds, he had a sure win. Can't believe it ended with a takedown attempt eating a knee. That's the biggest thing they should've been worried about
If you ask me how smart I think Chris Weidman is (if I'm trying to be polite ) I'd tell you he seems like a nice guy.....

Romero is unbelievably strong and explosive, he outclassed Weidman in the Wrestling

is this real ot rules? let's see.

i am glad that dumb cunt hillary lost alongside her hemorrhoid-soup ingesting pleb homo army.

is this real ot rules? let's see.

i am glad that dumb cunt hillary lost alongside her hemorrhoid-soup ingesting pleb homo army.

It's not OT rules. I've never seen people hand infractions out for flaming a politician. They are fair game as long as it isn't racist or anything like that

McGregor IS THE FUCKING GOAT!!!!!

What do you guys think of McGregor asking for a piece of the promotion? I'm pretty concerned it is the first step in the UFC collapsing as the leader in the sport and I'm a guy who always laughs at UFC is dying threads. The problem with the promotion if it has to give in to these demands is it gets more and more weighed down with prior obligations until the next superstar is able to make more money either at a leaner promotion or on their own compared to the UFC. Also, you have to add on the speculation of the debt that may be on the sale which puts pressure on huge returns in order to return the investment.

I think McGregor is the first guy that has really gotten to this point. He may be able to self promote and have major success doing so which means UFC may not be able to put it's foot down and stop this. They lose either way. Give in for a long term doom or don't give in for a short term one. It sucks cause I'm very much for a single dominant promotion as a fan.

What do you guys think of McGregor asking for a piece of the promotion? I'm pretty concerned it is the first step in the UFC collapsing as the leader in the sport and I'm a guy who always laughs at UFC is dying threads. The problem with the promotion if it has to give in to these demands is it gets more and more weighed down with prior obligations until the next superstar is able to make more money either at a leaner promotion or on their own compared to the UFC. Also, you have to add on the speculation of the debt that may be on the sale which puts pressure on huge returns in order to return the investment.

I think McGregor is the first guy that has really gotten to this point. He may be able to self promote and have major success doing so which means UFC may not be able to put it's foot down and stop this. They lose either way. Give in for a long term doom or don't give in for a short term one. It sucks cause I'm very much for a single dominant promotion as a fan.
Without knowing much about the new ownership I can't comment on what they might do. I think the Fertittas would have told him to pound sand, much like they did to M1Global.

Yeah, McG is the top draw and all that jazz, but he's not a commodity with long term drawing power. As in, chances are he won't be breaking records 15 years from now. Unless he's demanding profit sharing during his tenure ( which he already gets via ppv cuts) I don't see it as a good investment, rather opening the door to future stars making increasingly grander demands. It could be one of those ask for the moon, and hope for something realistic things though.

Without knowing much about the new ownership I can't comment on what they might do. I think the Fertittas would have told him to pound sand, much like they did to M1Global.

Yeah, McG is the top draw and all that jazz, but he's not a commodity with long term drawing power. As in, chances are he won't be breaking records 15 years from now. Unless he's demanding profit sharing during his tenure ( which he already gets via ppv cuts) I don't see it as a good investment, rather opening the door to future stars making increasingly grander demands. It could be one of those ask for the moon, and hope for something realistic things though.

I agree they shouldn't do that and also don't see how he could possibly expect it realistically. Maybe he is just bullshitting but he definitely has the most leverage any fighter has had before. More than Fedor imo.

He's probably looking to make a really big share of the cut of his fights. Something like 40-50% of the total take for cards he headlines.

He's probably looking to make a really big share of the cut of his fights. Something like 40-50% of the total take for cards he headlines.

I mean, that makes more sense than actual ownership. You can't give ownership everytime a guy becomes the top draw. We'd have GSP, Brock, Rousey all taking a piece of the pie and the pie would eventually run out.

Diaz-Conor III. Make it happen.

I think he needs to defend one of the belts no matter what happens IF he wants to keep both. I guess you could have Diaz go down to LW again and do an instant title fight. Dana was talking like that was a possibility. However, I think there are 2-3 contenders in both divisions wanting a title shot. They almost need to set up a permanent interim title if he holds the divisions a long time/

I mean, that makes more sense than actual ownership. You can't give ownership everytime a guy becomes the top draw. We'd have GSP, Brock, Rousey all taking a piece of the pie and the pie would eventually run out.

I think he needs to defend one of the belts no matter what happens IF he wants to keep both. I guess you could have Diaz go down to LW again and do an instant title fight. Dana was talking like that was a possibility. However, I think there are 2-3 contenders in both divisions wanting a title shot. They almost need to set up a permanent interim title if he holds the divisions a long time/
If Conor really sits out until Spring with his child on the way and all, I assume they'll make Khabib/Ferguson is the meantime. I hope Nate fights someone too because I love Nate. Maybe an RDA rematch or a fight with Barbosa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back