War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been to the Big Island many times. It's a great spot: it's a good balance of natural scenery, touristy things, and town living between Oahu, Maui, and Kauai. The sunsets in Kona are the best on the planet, no contest.
Where are you from originally? What brought you out there?
It's one thing to go to Hawaii and stay there, and it's another to grow up there and leave. At this point in my life, I could never stay on the islands for more than a couple of weeks before I start to go nuts. Like you said, Oahu was congested when I was a kid and it's only gotten worse. The traffic a couple of years ago there was the worst I've ever seen, even at night!

I grew up in Colorado mainly, but have lived a few other places. Before Hawaii I was in Philly. What brought me out here was a trip I took with the wife (gf at the time) back in 1996. We spent a week here and a few days in Maui. Loved it so much we planned to retire here. Then in 2009 we came back to make sure we still loved the place. We did. Then we asked ourselves why wait for retirement. lol. So we figured it out and moved about 4 months later.

No clue what it would be like to grow up here and then leave. Especially going to a cold-weather climate like the North East. More power to you though. :)

I love the sunset from my house. I can watch it set into the ocean 365 days a year. Less vog than Kona too. Sometimes we get the green flash. :cool:

Hey @Lead, if someone posts and deletes it, are you still able to see as a mod who deleted it? Or even that they deleted it?

Hey @Lead, if someone posts and deletes it, are you still able to see as a mod who deleted it? Or even that they deleted it?

Not sure if I can answer this and also don't want to if it gets me involved in the above.

If a post is made without tagging TeTe , will he still find and like it?

I've felt sick for about three weeks now. It's the worst thing for the holidays cause I finally had time set aside for friends and family. I doubt I'm going to feel better for tomorrow or NYE

I have like a kilogram of it that you can have if you collect it. I hate Lindt chocolate, much more of a Milka guy

Never heard of it, but I'm not knowledgeable about chocolates at all. A real, live German's chocolate rec probably should carry some weight, though. Do they do good dark chocolate stuff?

Never heard of it, but I'm not knowledgeable about chocolates at all. A real, live German's chocolate rec probably should carry some weight, though. Do they do good dark chocolate stuff?

No. As indicated by the name, they make excellent milk chocolate. Lindt does have alright dark chocolate, I just hate everything else.

I have like a kilogram of it that you can have if you collect it. I hate Lindt chocolate, much more of a Milka guy

That Milka stuff must be ambrosia for you to hate Lindt in comparison.

Lindt milk chocolate spheres are so incredibly good! (at least that's the info my taste buds relay)

That Milka stuff must be ambrosia for you to hate Lindt in comparison.

Lindt milk chocolate spheres are so incredibly good! (at least that's the info my taste buds relay)

I like the dark chocolate spheres in the blue and black bags.

How about beef jerky? I'm a huge fan of Dan's Smokehouse (peppered) and Tengu (they were out of business for a while, but they're back). Tried some Cattaneo Bros. stuff recently, and it was pretty good. Too thick, and the bags aren't re-sealable, though. Top notch otherwise.

I like the dark chocolate spheres in the blue and black bags.

Yeah, I'm not a huge dark chocolate person but those are pretty good too. I tried their 99% cacao, its like the first time you try black coffee as a kid.

Apparently that Milka brand is widely distributed around the world and was owned by kraft for a while -- never heard of it, but it seems to be comparable to godiva -- which is also fantastic.

This what you do in the limbo period between christmas and new year -- learn about chocolate.

I'm having trouble picking the winner of TJ vs Lineker and RR vs Nunes. Both fights are intriguing because each fighter has weaknesses that their opponent is suited to exploit. Anyone want to chime in?

I'm having trouble picking the winner of TJ vs Lineker and RR vs Nunes. Both fights are intriguing because each fighter has weaknesses that their opponent is suited to exploit. Anyone want to chime in?

TJ and RR. You're welcome. :cool:

There's no doubt Ronda looks good, but the peak of the sport has gone past her imo. Nunes is legit everywhere and punches harder than anybody else in the division. She's everything Cat Zingano was supposed to be. Nunes can protect her hips while still throwing hard, she's smart, and she's strong and quick enough to avoid the clinch TD stuff. I don't see any holes in her game at this point in WMMA. I think it's going to be a crushing win and "holy shit" will be said a lot. I'd like to be wrong though. I'm not betting on it fwiw, if I was as confident as my post sounds I'd be betting yuge.

There's no doubt Ronda looks good, but the peak of the sport has gone past her imo. Nunes is legit everywhere and punches harder than anybody else in the division. She's everything Cat Zingano was supposed to be. Nunes can protect her hips while still throwing hard, she's smart, and she's strong and quick enough to avoid the clinch TD stuff. I don't see any holes in her game at this point in WMMA. I think it's going to be a crushing win and "holy shit" will be said a lot. I'd like to be wrong though. I'm not betting on it fwiw, if I was as confident as my post sounds I'd be betting yuge.
I'm leaning towards her. She comes from a good camp and she's no doubt prepared for what Ronda brings to the fight. My only reservation is that I could easily see her over-committing on strikes and getting put down on her back. She isn't methodical like Holm, so even though she's more dangerous, she also makes more mistakes.

I'm leaning towards her. She comes from a good camp and she's no doubt prepared for what Ronda brings to the fight. My only reservation is that I could easily see her over-committing on strikes and getting put down on her back. She isn't methodical like Holm, so even though she's more dangerous, she also makes more mistakes.
That's true she could leave more openings for the clinch. I don't think Ronda is ever going to double leg her, which is the bigger danger for big punchers. The clinch probably doesn't favor Ronda either, striking-wise. It's like Ronda has to have Nunes make a mistake, and also be useless off her back, which I doubt- I think she's pretty damn good and not going to get caught by any mediocre armbar like a lot of the girls do. Maybe she'll catch Nunes in a transition, I could see that happening.

I sure wouldn't bet on the mental midget that couldn't do media

Ronda more than likely gets retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back