War Room OT Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it would get better after the election cause people are heated right before. Forgot there is still a month or two of gloating and usually slow on news / content after. I think 2017 will get better. Less broad threads about nothing and more current events to talk about.
I wish I could share your optimism.

The level of posting has dropped precariously, and any attempt at conversation is met with a half dozen troll comments.

I wish I could share your optimism.

The level of posting has dropped precariously, and any attempt at conversation is met with a half dozen troll comments.

You can get a lot of likes though with "fake news" and "religion of peace". It was only clever the first few times

Last edited:
Dear @Lead, congrats on shedding that wretched AV. Here's something in your honor.

For comparison.

Dear @Lead, congrats on shedding that wretched AV. Here's something in your honor.

For comparison.

Some of his covers do not compare. That's a common theme of covers though.

For comparison.

I loved the shittyness of that AV, I loved how it was an even worse than normal pic of that sea cow

Some of his covers do not compare. That's a common theme of covers though.

I thought it was pretty good. Just thought you might like the other version too, and possibly the band (if you hadn't already heard of them).

I loved the shittyness of that AV, I loved how it was an even worse than normal pic of that sea cow

Gotta admit, it was sooooooo over the top that it kinda grew on me. :eek:

I thought it was pretty good. Just thought you might like the other version too, and possibly the band (if you hadn't already heard of them).

Gotta admit, it was sooooooo over the top that it kinda grew on me. :eek:

Jack does a lot of son house covers. If you like his stuff, you may like him

Hey @Rod1, how was your happy holidays? Here's mine. This could be you some day. <cheer>

Good Mai Tai's on the beach. Even better at happy hour.

IMG_2770_zpsbqo4o5a0.jpg

And about 12k feet up the hill called Mauna Kea...

IMG_2522_zpslyp6nxai.jpg

Notice there's also snow on the far peak to the right.

And a point of reference for you tourists... :cool:

IMG_2607_zpsilppoavi.jpg

Hey @Rod1, how was your happy holidays? Here's mine. This could be you some day. <cheer>

IMG_2770_zpsbqo4o5a0.jpg

IMG_2522_zpslyp6nxai.jpg

IMG_2607_zpsilppoavi.jpg

Wow, thats amazing, are those dogs yours?

Also nice weather system you got going on there.

Sadly i spent Christmas alone in my house since i got a nasty case of indigestion from all the eating in Christmas eve which i spent with my dad, i was supposed to catch up with the wife who spent it in a nearby city but i decided not to brave the bus ride (my car broke down) with indigestion (tends to be followed by explosive D).

It was decent though, i have spent a lot of time catching up with a friend who moved and came back.

Anyway, amazing view.

Wow, thats amazing, are those dogs yours?

Also nice weather system you got going on there.

Sadly i spent Christmas alone in my house since i got a nasty case of indigestion from all the eating in Christmas eve which i spent with my dad, i was supposed to catch up with the wife who spent it in a nearby city but i decided not to brave the bus ride (my car broke down) with indigestion (tends to be followed by explosive D).

It was decent though, i have spent a lot of time catching up with a friend who moved and came back.

Anyway, amazing view.

Thanks bro. Yes they're mine. A mama and her two pups. At that altitude mama gassed hard! Very dehydrating up there.

Damn, sorry. At least you ate like a champ!! Smart move on the wife/bus ride. You know she isn't going to tell you anything important and if there is something important you''ll find out on a need to know basis only. :eek::D

If I could use an illness to get out of x-mass day obligations I'd do it every fuckin' time. But being actually sick sucks. :(

Strangely mine started with letting the dogs out and the wife observing a cop parked at the end of our property. Then she noticed all the other cops at the neighbor's. Then she saw one coming to our place! :eek:

Nobody died or got arrested so it was all good.

IMG_2770_zpsbqo4o5a0.jpg

IMG_2522_zpslyp6nxai.jpg

IMG_2607_zpsilppoavi.jpg
Nice, are you visiting or do you live in HI? I grew up there.

Been living on Big Island for seven years now. Where were you at?
Grew up outside of Honolulu and Aiea on Oahu. My family still lives there and I go back to visit every couple of years. Moved to the east coast for college and have been in the New England area for over 15 years now.

Grew up outside of Honolulu and Aiea on Oahu. My family still lives there and I go back to visit every couple of years. Moved to the east coast for college and have been in the New England area for over 15 years now.

Oahu has way too many people for my liking. Loved the East Coast during my time there though. Big Island is the most perfect place on Earth for me. :):cool:

Oahu has way too many people for my liking. Loved the East Coast during my time there though. Big Island is the most perfect place on Earth for me. :):cool:
Been to the Big Island many times. It's a great spot: it's a good balance of natural scenery, touristy things, and town living between Oahu, Maui, and Kauai. The sunsets in Kona are the best on the planet, no contest.
Where are you from originally? What brought you out there?
It's one thing to go to Hawaii and stay there, and it's another to grow up there and leave. At this point in my life, I could never stay on the islands for more than a couple of weeks before I start to go nuts. Like you said, Oahu was congested when I was a kid and it's only gotten worse. The traffic a couple of years ago there was the worst I've ever seen, even at night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back