War Room Lounge v6

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Warlord Palis, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

Even assuming the path is correct for your BGI files, BGI is very old. What version of the compiler are you using? Have you configured some form of emulation?

2. Warlord Palis

Warlord Palis ♔ Lord of Jameson

We all value what you say Sgt. Osiris.

3. senri

senri The belt that resides inside you

Is he delicious?

4. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

Four shows in New Orleans down, won a comedy contest in Little Rock tonight, been in a car for over 14 hours today and have 10 more hours tomorrow, ugh.

Small town, USA is fucking DEPRESSING btw. Jesus the white trash poverty I drove through, who the fuck wades through a cottonmouth and gater infested swamp to nail "REPENT" on a tree for people fleeing their shithole towns?

5. spin_

spin_ Gold Belt

Someone with a hammer and nails?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  6. deltapapha

deltapapha Brown Belt

Hello, thanks for the reply. I set all that aside for right now.

But since you seem like you might be tech savvy, here is another question. About 2 weeks ago I began having a problem where my Twitter images would all be either broken or not loading. I noticed that unplugging and replugging my router fixes the problem. (for attempted solutions that did not work see bottom of post). It is only on Twitter, no other sites have EVER done this. I am running a year old install of Windows 10. I completely deleted Google Chrome from my system and reinstalled it and the same problem eventually starts occurring with non-loading images. Also it has only happened once on IE and Firefox but mostly does not occur on those browsers. But it is important to note that at some point it also occurred on those browsers as well, AND on multiple Twitter accounts. But that only happened once and never again. It is only on my Chrome Twitter (the main twitter that I use) that this has been recurring.

Also here is the error message I am receiving when I attempt to "view image in separate browser." I did not screenshot the error but found someone else's online similar to mine (see below between dashed lines). For the following error message the problem site is hotmail.com but for me it is PBS.TWIMG.COM which is apparently Twitter's in house image hosting site.

------------------------------------------
    Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from hotmail.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

hotmail.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to hotmail.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be hotmail.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit hotmail.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later. when I double click on NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID then I see the following
    -----------------------------------------

-

Attempted solutions that did NOT work:

1. synced my computer time with internet
    2. completely removed Google Chrome (LIKE COMPLETELY! :) ] and then reinstalled it
    3. ran full Malwarebytes scan and it found '0' (zero) problems
    4. as admin I flushed dns in command prompt (this did not work)
    5. logged out then back in to Twitter
    6. In 'network and sharing' I set 'sharing options for different network profiles' all to most secure settings, essentially turn them all OFF

THE ONLY FIX IS EITHER RESTARTING MY SYSTEM OR DISCONNECTING/RECONNECTING MY ROUTER.

Thank you for any suggestions.

7. sickc0d3r

sickc0d3r Black Belt

Does that "c:\\tc\\bgi" path exist? I don't know much about bgi, but I think initgraph is looking for a driver in the path given.

8. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

Do you have another device you can try? What anti-virus are you using? I'd check the browser scanning options (in your antivirus) and also try using another DNS.

9. deltapapha

deltapapha Brown Belt

Yeah that is probably the problem. I don't know why it wasn't obvious to me before but anyway I set all that aside for now. That was just a side venture I was on because I am learning C++ right now and as supplemental work, I have been reading about the C language, the invention of it, its use by John Carmack with his early game engines. And I just wanted to see if I could write (or just run) a simple C graphics program in Code Blocks.

I actually read the Romero-Carmack bio by David Kushner, Masters of Doom some time ago. What an amazing time that must have been in the mid to late 90s. AND I TOTALLY MISSED ALL THAT! I was not interested in tech at all then and none of the 3d gaming revolution was anywhere on my radar. I didn't get into gaming until around 2002. I'm old:) 48

Right now I have a lot of extra time on my hand. I always wanted to learn C++ so I have been doing that since January 1st per a New Year's Resolution to spend one year focusing on learning C++ (and a few other things like Python). I have been doing that steadily using Malik's C++ text (a recent edition) and other online resources. Right now I am learning about pointers.

Anyway if you get time, look at my former post I just posted on Twitter images broken or not loading (only on Twitter). Disconnecting and reconnecting internet solves the problem. But within 2 days it starts again.

10. sickc0d3r

sickc0d3r Black Belt

11. deltapapha

deltapapha Brown Belt

12. Son of Jamin

Son of Jamin Make MMA Great Again

[​IMG] Make people employed again

Tobacco likes this.
  13. deltapapha

deltapapha Brown Belt

I used the code you referred to and here is the 'build message' after 'building'. Then when I hit RUN, a black screen opens up like it is going to work but then crashes with this message: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly"

As I said in former post I used another set of instructions to include graphics.h in code blocks. I will look at that video to see if they did anything different. I would suspect not but I will look.

[​IMG]

14. deltapapha

deltapapha Brown Belt

@sickc0d3r

I just read through some of the comments of the video you suggested and many of the commenters (who apparently followed instructions correctly) are getting the same program crash as I am. Also interesting to note is that all of the various example C graphics programs that I have tried ( including the one your showed me) seem to build fine except for the warnings. But they always crash in the execution.

Also the guy in the video is using Win7. I am using Win10

15. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Jones-ing to finish this damn personal project.

16. FacePunch

FacePunch Banned Banned

He has objectively made the lion's share of the best threads in the WR in 2018.

17. FacePunch

FacePunch Banned Banned

Heyyy - You found my sign!

Mission Accomplished.

Go with Christ, brah.

Higus and AgonyandIrony like this.
  18. irish_thug

irish_thug Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

Objectively?

I doubt you know what that means if you honestly think that.

19. HomerThompson

HomerThompson Titanium Belt Platinum Member

I know, right?

It's obvious that I've made the best threads.

<BronTroll1>

20. Final Rehab

Final Rehab Soul of Light in Overdrive

Reminds me of a time my wife and I were semi-lost driving through the Appalachians and drove up on a sign nailed to a tree that read "Pray for help". If that isn't the opening scene for a fucked up movie I don't know what is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.