War Room Lounge V26: Neoliberal Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best part of AE wrestling is the promos.... no leashes.

Rock calling Shane a silver spoon mutha fucka and having Vince ream him out backstage just for Rock to go:
“You bitch daughter missed her line to cut me off. Not my fault”

The Emperor Protects. This is one of the better fan made film I've see

You guys would like the pro wrestling thread sticky in the OT imo. Lotta funny guys post in there. Not as active as the pro wrestling forum but that could change.

You guys would like the pro wrestling thread sticky in the OT imo. Lotta funny guys post in there. Not as active as the pro wrestling forum but that could change.
Always forget that thread is there.

I will stick with the PWD, thanks. It gets gross enough in there without needing to be OT.

Ha @Fawlty I figured out how to do that GIMP thingy, putting a pole behind branches. Problem is some of the tiny branches appear with blue tones in the foreground of the pole. But that was not a discrepancy in the method, but rather the fact that in the original photo a lot of the small branches have a lot of blue tones bleeding into them from the sky and you don't really notice that until you bring a non blue object behind them.

It is a pretty quick method for doing this. I have to make a few youtube tutorial videos for my friend so his employees can follow it and learn how to do it. The things I do for people. :)

4VmluUg.jpg

9ESrL18.jpg

Oh, my son, you have no idea. Look up Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling. I was watching that shit back in the 70's. But then I passed adolescence and their fake shit no longer had any appeal and waited 2 decades for the real thing, MMA, to come along.

Man, it's weird how hard it is to guess people's age on here. I would have never guessed you were alive in the 1970s.

For super immature posters, who I won't name, I think I'd be even more shocked by their actual age.

I will stick with the PWD, thanks. It gets gross enough in there without needing to be OT.
I think the OT version is much more grown up, to be honest lol. But I get what you mean

I never liked the real vs fake argument - its scripted for sure, but it's as real as any other stunt person in entertainment, which is pretty cool to watch and does hurt like a mofo

Here's a gripe I hope you find legitimate: the most famous move in the history of the sport doesn't work/do anything IRL.

The Stunner is so dumb. At least other suplexes and finishing and shit would hurt if done to you: chokeslam, jackhammer, etc.

Also, the most famous submission during the time I watched (The Walls of Jericho) also didn't work. The ankle lock works, the figure four works, the Steiner Recliner and Boston Crab work. Yet they decided to make the most famous submission just hoisting and slightly contorting a person by their legs.

Lame.

Because its awesome. As someone who added scrubs to their top sitcoms lists, I wouldn't critique others preference in entertainment

"Corner Gas" was the real irredeemable offense on his list

Here's a gripe I hope you find legitimate: the most famous move in the history of the sport doesn't work/do anything IRL.

The Stunner is so dumb. At least other suplexes and finishing and shit would hurt if done to you: chokeslam, jackhammer, etc.

Also, the most famous submission during the time I watched (The Walls of Jericho) also didn't work. The ankle lock works, the figure four works, the Steiner Recliner and Boston Crab work. Yet they decided to make the most famous submission just hoisting and slightly contorting a person by their legs.

Lame.
You are purposefully trying to piss me off arent you

Lame.

Lol, OK - a move that appears to try to chrush a larynx, is in fact , not realistic when used in real life. I will give you that.

Walls of Jericho absolutely does work, trick is to make sure you use your knee in between the victims shoulder blades and use it as a fulcrum; the way it was used in wcw. Wwe walls of Jericho was shoddy workmanship

Lol, OK - a move that appears to try to chrush a larynx, is in fact , not realistic when used in real life. I will give you that.

Walls of Jericho absolutely does work, trick is to make sure you use your knee in between the victims shoulder blades and use it as a fulcrum; the way it was used in wcw. Wwe walls of Jericho was shoddy workmanship
Also - the figure 4 or the sharpshooter are way, way more popular than the walls of jericho :rolleyes:

Stick to nazi bashing, @Trotsky before you get put on the list

Corner gas was awesome! But I love subtle deadpan. Trotsky also gets credit for knowing obscure canadian sitcoms

Ugh, I can't stand it.

"Corner Gas" is something I figure is on at every Mormon's house. That, and "Bob's Burgers". Just totally inoffensive blandness. I don't even think people laugh at the jokes. Just subtly nod their head with a smirk.

Ugh, I can't stand it.

"Corner Gas" is something I figure is on at every Mormon's house. That, and "Bob's Burgers". Just totally inoffensive blandness. I don't even think people laugh at the jokes. Just subtly nod their head with a smirk.

Corner Gas is awful.

Also - the figure 4 or the sharpshooter are way, way more popular than the walls of jericho :rolleyes:

Stick to nazi bashing, @Trotsky before you get put on the list

Sharpshooter was a bit before my time, I think. Wasn't it just a one-legged crab?

Haha, I didn't see him in WCW, but I'll take your word for it since I imagine it's more similar to the Boston crab.

And, yeah, I'm a big fan of dry/deadpan humor as well. It's been about a decade since I saw Corner Gas, but I was grasping for a show to fill out my list and I liked it, particularly Brent Butt's character and the Native cop character.

More than anything, I felt that show was the first that I had ever seen to really capture the humor of life in fly over country (which is where I grew up). Kind of like how The Office was really the first show to capture the humor of minutia in corporate environments, I thought Corner Gas kind of captured that minutia of small town life without getting too boring or relying on too outlandish story lines/characters.

Never thought that Danaher would be such a hyperbolic salesmen type; but this is pretty late night infomercial-ly

"If you talked to the one hundred most knowledgeable grapplers in the world and asked them, “Who would you most like to learn grappling from?” ninety-eight, ninety-nine, or maybe even all one hundred of them would give you the same answer: John Danaher. There is just no equal."

I means he's good, but that just seems like an over reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back