WAR ROOM LOUNGE V25: MJ vs Prince

which be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're sticking to discussing beer, I'm with @Gregolian. To quench my thirst, or as a starter before moving on to other drinks, a good lager or Pilsner will be better than any IPA for me. Not being in the US, I can't really help in the suggestion dept. I was mainly just chiming in with Greg.

You can like what you like. Taste is very personal. I lost interest in strong tastes like straight scotch and hoppy beers when I quite smoking cigarettes. Now the kinds of things that turn me on are really delicate flavours like miso and sashimi, and tequila rather than scotch.
Lol I feel you. The first beer I ever got recommended was Stone IPA on here years ago when I just turned 21. I loved it, I guess it's familiar to me. I dug Blue Moon Belgian Wheat the last time I drank it, but I've really settled in to IPA's since I know what to expect. Not a huge fan of hard alcohol, wine gives me a headache, and cider fucks with my throat.
Sashimi and miso are great, I have no problem with subtle flavors.

Lol I feel you. The first beer I ever got recommended was Stone IPA on here years ago when I just turned 21. I loved it, I guess it's familiar to me. I dug Blue Moon Belgian Wheat the last time I drank it, but I've really settled in to IPA's since I know what to expect. Not a huge fan of hard alcohol, wine gives me a headache, and cider fucks with my throat.
Sashimi and miso are great, I have no problem with subtle flavors.
What hard liquors have you had though? If it's the cheap shit then that's how it was for me.

Well, to be fair, a hot day in Ireland, so basically, mild, wet, and overcast.

To me, IPA's are for people with damaged sense of taste.

Most simcoe drive ones are, and for the longest time this was the dominant style. ''Omg it tastes like turpentine shut up and take my money.'' Lately though a lot of IPAs that I've drank have been more late boil and citrus dominant which are pretty enjoyable.

What hard liquors have you had though? If it's the cheap shit then that's how it was for me.
That's a good question. Only thing I could tell you for sure is Kraken rum and Captain Morgan Private Stock, I blacked out the night I drank them and would get nauseous for years afterwards just smelling it. I guess I just like the act of drinking over time though which you can't really do with hard alcohol.

You're in Brazil, right? What would you call someone who supports more broadly shared prosperity and anti-poverty programs but is generally a believer in markets (free trade, minimal regulations, concerned about the impact of taxation, etc.)? I think I'm getting to the point where I can use "Georgist" for myself (@Gandhi knows I've been toying with that for years), which is much narrower but fits all that.
A social-democrat. But that’s a direct translation (not just from Portuguese though) and those often ignore the connotation some words have.

Most simcoe drive ones are, and for the longest time this was the dominant style. ''Omg it tastes like turpentine shut up and take my money.'' Lately though a lot of IPAs that I've drank have been more late boil and citrus dominant which are pretty enjoyable.
Yeah I think the latter tends to be what I'm used to. Elysian has some great stuff and Stone Delicious is pretty refreshing. I like hops but I don't want to be reminded I'm basically drinking poison.

noice.jpg

Looking goooooood.

That's a good question. Only thing I could tell you for sure is Kraken rum and Captain Morgan Private Stock, I blacked out the night I drank them and would get nauseous for years afterwards just smelling it. I guess I just like the act of drinking over time though which you can't really do with hard alcohol.
That's how I am with any shitty Vodka. It sucks as it means I have to spend money for good stuff like Belvedere, Grey Goose or Dry Fly just to make Bloody Mary's.

I'd suggest if you want to try harder liquor again go for like Johnnie Walker Black, some 12 year single malt, or Casamigos tequila.

You're in Brazil, right? What would you call someone who supports more broadly shared prosperity and anti-poverty programs but is generally a believer in markets (free trade, minimal regulations, concerned about the impact of taxation, etc.)? I think I'm getting to the point where I can use "Georgist" for myself (@Gandhi knows I've been toying with that for years), which is much narrower but fits all that.

Geolibertarians unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my training partners is wrestling Josh Barnett on the 23rd if you are in SoCal consider going
47687916_811292912557793_2975703271387168768_n.jpg

Gnarly! Where at?!

I primarily train grappling under Baret Yoshida but I train catch down at the San Ysidro rec center where a small group of catch guys leave their gym to focus on catch and leave this guard BS alone

I primarily train grappling under Baret Yoshida but I train catch down at the San Ysidro rec center where a small group of catch guys leave their gym to focus on catch and leave this guard BS alone
That's awesome, I've always loved catch. I have a Billy Robinson instructional that I really like to go back to. I remember watching Yoshida way back in the day. Very cool, break a leg!

You guy's wanna know something weird? My girlfriend has aphantasia, as in she cannot see things in her ''mind's eye'' without the aid of hallucinogens. This has an effect on visual memory, so she's essentially face blind. However, here's the weird part: she knows exactly where everything is in the house, including detailed descriptions of its physical orientation to other objects in the house.

catroomguardian.JPG

Like, how is that information being stored?
hypothetically, if you left the room and someone who was dressed like you and had similar features, build, etc. came in with the same outfit, would she know that it was someone different?
Also, where do you live and what are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back