WAR ROOM LOUNGE V25: MJ vs Prince

which be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it's insanely hot outside I can think of nothing I would rather drink than a cold Paulaner. It's the closest thing to an actual healing potion that exists, except for, I dunno, medicine, I guess.
ahem....
guinness.jpg

I'm more of an IPA man myself. Two Hearted Ale being my go to.
QaPGt.jpg

I'm more of an IPA man myself. Two Hearted Ale being my go to.
QaPGt.jpg

IPAs have really gotten a lot better in recent years, IMO. With new, more tasty hop breeds coming from Australia and New Zealand in particular you can really make a beer with some unique tastes, instead of just ''chewing on a pinecone.'' I had an IPA made with basically all Galaxy hops in a brewpub in Finland and it tasted like biting into a fresh peach.

My go to after a good meal or when relaxing on a day off. Typically only 1 or 2 though. Like a dessert beer lol

rqkLPjs.jpg

33cl-quadrupel-combi-800x1204.png

This is one of the few good dutch beers. All of their beers are great but the quad is the best one. It's also extremely cheap. About 1.50 per bottle.

I just got a PM from someone calling me a pussy and asking if I'm working for someone and now that I've responded asking what they're talking about they refuse to respond. Pathetic.
<{cruzshake}>
lol you're not alone, dude. Lots and lots of those over the past few weeks. You are not alone.

I just got a PM from someone calling me a pussy and asking if I'm working for someone and now that I've responded asking what they're talking about they refuse to respond. Pathetic.
<{cruzshake}>

YUP

MJ and it’s not close.

Prince is alright, talented even, but if you actually understand music, you know he’s basically copping Hendrix’s bag.

MJ? Sheeeeeiiiit. Watch the video of the tour he was about to go on before he died. He was basically a skeleton, but still had the magic. Hespect.

PS, the winning answer is Freddie Mercury.

@Lead

After the death of Lenin, prominent Bolshevik figures realized that Leon Trotsky was the most experienced, most effective, most capable, and by far most popular party leader. His successor-ship was all but considered a formality to those outside of the party. Realizing that he was the biggest threat to fill the post-Lenin vacuum, the troika of Stalin, Kamenev, and Zinoviev formed a truce to marginalize Trotsky and his former Mensheviks so that they could jockey for the belt.

This is what I think has happened with the ludicrous de-modding of @Limbo Pete, who was a moderator of unheard-of talents, popularity, and raw sexual gravity. I demand that you call a formal meeting of War Room moderators and hold a public vote on whether a resolution should be sent to administration requesting Pete's immediate re-modding.

Also, let it be known what happened to former high-ranking offiicials like Kamenev, Bukharin, and Zinoviev: Stalin had them executed. Given that @irish_thug seems to have taken Limbo's place, I would tread lightly when dealing with him.

Well, to be fair, a hot day in Ireland, so basically, mild, wet, and overcast.

To me, IPA's are for people with damaged sense of taste.
What do you suggest I try? I'm not really a drinker, but being away from Colorado and Oregon has left me with no weed and I want to try new things again.

What do you suggest I try? I'm not really a drinker, but being away from Colorado and Oregon has left me with no weed and I want to try new things again.
If we're sticking to discussing beer, I'm with @Gregolian. To quench my thirst, or as a starter before moving on to other drinks, a good lager or Pilsner will be better than any IPA for me. Not being in the US, I can't really help in the suggestion dept. I was mainly just chiming in with Greg.

You can like what you like. Taste is very personal. I lost interest in strong tastes like straight scotch and hoppy beers when I quite smoking cigarettes. Now the kinds of things that turn me on are really delicate flavours like miso and sashimi, and tequila rather than scotch.

Tincup
Highland Park
Casamigos

By the way, speaking of tequila, I'm going to Mexico soon. Any good tequila recommendations?

By the way, speaking of tequila, I'm going to Mexico soon. Any good tequila recommendations?
Not Patron or any of that shit you normally see at nightclubs and shit outside of Mexico.

Bartender I know that lived in Mexico for awhile really likes this:
1eb8281c5b40d664f54ef0a1a2221ecd.jpg

I've heard good things about Clase Azul's tequilas. It's the one that comes in the funky bottle that looks like a flower vase almost.

Herradura I like too but not sure if they sell that much in Mexico. Honestly? Just ask the bartender or waiter/waitress at the restaurant for the local favorite.

Not Patron or any of that shit you normally see at nightclubs and shit outside of Mexico.

Bartender I know that lived in Mexico for awhile really likes this:
1eb8281c5b40d664f54ef0a1a2221ecd.jpg

I've heard good things about Clase Azul's tequilas. It's the one that comes in the funky bottle that looks like a flower vase almost.

Herradura I like too but not sure if they sell that much in Mexico. Honestly? Just ask the bartender or waiter/waitress at the restaurant for the local favorite.
Cool. So, that's the one we were talking about before. I will keep an eye out when I am there.

And thanks, but I was really hoping for some firm suggestions from our friends beyond the southern border about personal faves.

That has always sounded so jarring to me. "Neoliberal" is only ambiguous and confusing in the US, where leftwingers are called liberals (I know there are legit reasons for this, but it's still bizarre).

Ronald Reagan and Margaret Tatcher, for example, are called neoliberals everywhere else in the world.

You're in Brazil, right? What would you call someone who supports more broadly shared prosperity and anti-poverty programs but is generally a believer in markets (free trade, minimal regulations, concerned about the impact of taxation, etc.)? I think I'm getting to the point where I can use "Georgist" for myself (@Gandhi knows I've been toying with that for years), which is much narrower but fits all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back