War Room Lounge V24: Mental Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.
No @Fawlty, that was an example of a bad analogy because they don't relate to each other in the slightest. Please explain how an analogy about guessing how many gumballs in a jar that has an definitive answer, relates to subjective GOAT lists that has no definitive answer.

Oh' wait, I know your answer. Jack said it, so it is a good analogy that makes complete sense.
Yes Jack did answer that, thoroughly and correctly.

BLOWJOBS WITH MEN RAWR lol

Yes Jack did answer that, thoroughly and correctly.

No, he didn't. He conceded that I was right in my rebuttal to him, and then attempted to hide his shame by claiming that the two are almost alike, even though they're not anything alike at all.

He wants you to believe he was somewhat right, because he can't admit that he was dead wrong, and his analogy was awful. At least he has you though. You can always be counted on to tell him he's right, even when he's wrong. You're a good little crony.

No, he didn't. He conceded that I was right in my rebuttal to him, and then attempted to hide his shame by claiming that the two are almost alike, even though they're not anything alike at all.

He wants you to believe he was somewhat right, because he can't admit that he was dead wrong, and his analogy was awful. At least he has you though. You can always be counted on to tell him he's right, even when he's wrong. You're a good little crony.
You're having this problem because you couldn't follow what he was saying. You thought that because a number of marbles in a jar is some objective fact, some integer, that the uncertainty of an individual observer guessing the number of marbles therefore can't be used as an analogy to ranking MMA fighters. But that's not true. There are plausible limits to subjectivity. Take a claim of Bruce Leroy being the greatest bantamweight of all time. There are so many facts that can be brought to bear on that claim that it is practically as untrue as any false claim one could make.

But instead of seeing that "fuzziness" as Jack called it, you got stuck on an irrelevant part of the analogy (and your tribe is always fucking up analogies, badly) and want to claim some sort of victory on a technicality, ignoring that there are reasonable guesses and unreasonable ones. And of course something like ranking Mir or Sylvia very high in all time rankings would be really, really stupid, even if defended by the technically correct but absurd-in-this-context claim of MMA rankings being subjective (at which point it starts to sound like a really ditzy liberal college freshman and all meaning is lost).

It's just really bad thinking at every turn by you. AND BLOWJOBS WITH MEN, apparently ?

I'll never understand this criticism of Lesnar. Yes, he does not like to get hit...by bombs thrown by guys who usually KO their opponents with similar shots. Dude has eaten punches and knees in almost every fight he's had. Couture busted him open. Mir landed a jumping knee on his dome. Hunt gave him a few decent shots. What happens with Lesnar is the same thing that happens to most fighters when they get put on queer street. They panic and cover up. Carwin rocked him. Cain rocked him. Overeem kicked his liver in. These are killers throwing killer shots, and at the very least Lesnar engages with them.

When I think of guys being fearful of getting hit, I think of fights like the Ngannou/Lewis, or Sylvia/Arlovski 3. Lesnar is not afraid to walk through hell to get a win, and he lays it all on the table. Some guys are actually fearful of getting hit, and would rather stare it out for 3-5 rounds, than put themselves in harm's way.
Fearful might not be the right word but his instincts are bad. Seasoned fighters get rocked but do not do this:
giphy.gif

Fearful might not be the right word but his instincts are bad. Seasoned fighters get rocked but do not do this:
giphy.gif

Sure they do. They sometimes look worse trying to find their legs. Go look at some boxing vids of guys trying to tough out being rocked. Shit can get hilarious.

Am I too late for the blowjobs?

But instead of seeing that "fuzziness" as Jack called it

Jack was not originally arguing that it was "fuzzy". He was using the example to prove his stance that the GOAT lists were not subjective, period. He even tried to claim that I was using the term incorrectly, which I absolutely was not.

He was wrong on both accounts. But hey, at least he's always got you to gargle his balls and work the shaft.

Jack was not originally arguing that it was "fuzzy". He was using the example to prove his stance that the GOAT lists were not subjective, period. He even tried to claim that I was using the term incorrectly, which I absolutely was not.

He was wrong on both accounts. But hey, at least he's always got you to gargle his balls and work the shaft.
HAND JOBS TOO RAWR

This thread got sexual fast.

Holy shit, what a Steeler win! Jags snatching that defeat from the jaws of victory.

Holy shit, why does he shout insults like an 8 year old.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/18/trump-attacks-adam-schiff-as-little-adam-schitt-in-tweet/

“So funny to see little Adam Schitt (D-CA) talking about the fact that Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker was not approved by the Senate, but not mentioning the fact that Bob Mueller (who is highly conflicted) was not approved by the Senate!,” Trump wrote on his Twitter account on Sunday.
Because his father never taught him not to be a child.

Below this, you acknowledge that you were wrong ("extended, sure"). Just be a man for once.

I saw an uppercut(extended, sure) land from a monster of a man with one hit KO power, rock a fighter, and that fighter looking to get away from the incoming storm, because he didn't have all of his faculties to deal with it.

:) Yeah, like I said, people can watch the footage and make their own judgment about your observational skills.

Explain to me, ye who knows it all, Brock not looking to get away from other clean shots he's taken, if the punch he took from Carwin wasn't that hard of a shot.

Cain also put him on queer street, which of course you'll deny, despite Brock's legs failing him afterwards.

Brock was on the verge of bailing from the start. He clearly was not rocked, but it put a scare into him. While he was cowering in terror, Carwin landed some decent strikes on the ground. Likewise, after he tripped over himself trying to run away from Cain, he took a legitimate beating. Hence my point that his inability to keep it together when he's scared is a major weakness as a fighter.

Ed: I see the thread spiraled a little because you're too embarrassed to admit that you didn't know what "subjective" meant. :)

So let me get this straight. You've got a row of salads, let's say 12 salads. How do we decide which one it is? I mean, if there's a row of them it's probably one of the two salads on the ends. But as far as I know, salads don't have a "front" and a "back." I mean they're salads. What if the salads are in a circle? Is it the salad that's closest to the person eating? What if everyone is having salad? Is it the most expensive salad, or is this strictly a chronological thing? Like, the salad that was made first, or maybe the salad that was served first? Is it the salad that was rated best? If so, who is doing the judging? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with any one person having that kind of authority.

Let's face it, this question of a hierarchy of salads is purely subjective. There is no "lead" salad.

So let me get this straight. You've got a row of salads, let's say 12 salads. How do we decide which one it is? I mean, if there's a row of them it's probably one of the two salads on the ends. But as far as I know, salads don't have a "front" and a "back." I mean they're salads. What if the salads are in a circle? Is it the salad that's closest to the person eating? What if everyone is having salad? Is it the most expensive salad, or is this strictly a chronological thing? Like, the salad that was made first, or maybe the salad that was served first? Is it the salad that was rated best? If so, who is doing the judging? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with any one person having that kind of authority.

Let's face it, this question of a hierarchy of salads is purely subjective. There is no "lead" salad.

Me personally, I would go with whichever one was tossed and I think @HereticBD would agree.

Ed: I see the thread spiraled a little because you're too embarrassed to admit that you didn't know what "subjective" meant. :)

LOL.

I'll ask again, Jackie, since you failed so hard the first time. How am I misusing the term? The actual meaning of subjective. Not your special "fuzzy" meaning. :)

LOL.

I'll ask again, Jackie, since you failed so hard the first time. How am I misusing the term? The actual meaning of subjective. Not your special "fuzzy" meaning.
Jack knows how to post graphs and things like that. Dragging him into explaining himself is not going to really go anywhere.

I'll never understand this criticism of Lesnar. Yes, he does not like to get hit...by bombs thrown by guys who usually KO their opponents with similar shots. Dude has eaten punches and knees in almost every fight he's had. Couture busted him open. Mir landed a jumping knee on his dome. Hunt gave him a few decent shots. What happens with Lesnar is the same thing that happens to most fighters when they get put on queer street. They panic and cover up. Carwin rocked him. Cain rocked him. Overeem kicked his liver in. These are killers throwing killer shots, and at the very least Lesnar engages with them.

When I think of guys being fearful of getting hit, I think of fights like the Ngannou/Lewis, or Sylvia/Arlovski 3. Lesnar is not afraid to walk through hell to get a win, and he lays it all on the table. Some guys are actually fearful of getting hit, and would rather stare it out for 3-5 rounds, than put themselves in harm's way.

The shots by Cain that sent him into a somersaulting spazz-out were not "bombs" that would KO anyone. They were deliberate and accurate, but they were the functional equivalent of jabs. They were nothing like the fully torqued hook that Cain used to KO Nog.

Holy shit, what a Steeler win! Jags snatching that defeat from the jaws of victory.

Jacksonville running it on that final 3rd and 6 (or whatever it was) was absolutely shameful. They deserved to lose after such a cowardly call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back