War Room Lounge V24: Mental Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never understand this criticism of Lesnar. Yes, he does not like to get hit...by bombs thrown by guys who usually KO their opponents with similar shots.

I think if you tried to understand it, you would be able to. Against Carwin, Brock wasn't hit that hard and wasn't rocked, he literally cowered on the ground in fear. Against Cain, again, his inability to control his fear is what led to him getting TKO'd. He wasn't actually dropped. His inability to control his fear also leads to bad posture and footwork. That's not normal in high-level MMA. So it's not that he doesn't like to get hit; it's that his fear of it compromises his game in an extraordinary way.

I don't see any special reason to excuse Brock's obvious overreaction to medium-strength face punches, as compared to 99% of professional MMA fighters.

His recovery is good though, when he's able to ride out the storm. The Carwin comeback was very cool.

I don't see any special reason to excuse Brock's obvious overreaction to medium-strength face punches, as compared to 99% of professional MMA fighters.

His recovery is good though, when he's able to ride out the storm. The Carwin comeback was very cool.

At the time, the UFC decided to stay out of bidding wars for top HW fighters out of an almost-certainly-correct belief that they were being overpriced by competitors relative to their drawing power. But they couldn't just admit that so they had to insist that the guys they did have were much better than they were, and a lot of fans don't really know what they're watching.

The fight was actually aired and recorded.

Yeah, and it showed a stone fisted 265+ pound man landing a clean uppercut on the button.

You've seen fighters dropped before from what looked to be harmless glancing shots, let alone an uppercut from a monster of a man, but you know it all. You know what shots hit hard and which don't, from the comfort of your couch.

Give it a rest, Jackie. You don't know shit.

Yeah, and it showed a stone fisted 265+ pound man landing a clean uppercut on the button.

Er, no.

You've seen fighters dropped before from what looked to be harmless glancing shots, let alone an uppercut from a monster of a man, but you know it all. You know what shots hit hard and which don't, from the comfort of your couch.

Give it a rest, Jackie. You don't know shit.

Hmm. We both watched the fight (I did, doesn't really sound like you did, but you're claiming to have watched it). You saw the overextended, not-clean uppercut land and then saw Brock run and cower on the ground, and you think that it was a clean uppercut on the button and he just kind of fell in a pattern that looked like running and cowering. I'll leave it for the readers to decide who doesn't know shit.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...8QOgJQgjMzf2YD3D54ro0w5X8WHWu2Ns_tod5G-GOktGE

"Part of the problem is that Trump is fighting an “asymmetric” battle, because China has a lot more clout than the U.S. when it comes to telling corporations how to act, Skou said.

“Donald Trump can’t tell Nike, Walmart and The Home Depot that they can’t import from China,” he said. “So they will continue to import and will work on solutions and they may be hit a bit on their margins.”

Er, yes.

Hmm. We both watched the fight (I did, doesn't really sound like you did, but you're claiming to have watched it). You saw the overextended, not-clean uppercut land and then saw Brock run and cower on the ground, and you think that it was a clean uppercut on the button and he just kind of fell in a pattern that looked like running and cowering. I'll leave it for the readers to decide who doesn't know shit.

I saw an uppercut(extended, sure) land from a monster of a man with one hit KO power, rock a fighter, and that fighter looking to get away from the incoming storm, because he didn't have all of his faculties to deal with it.

Explain to me, ye who knows it all, Brock not looking to get away from other clean shots he's taken, if the punch he took from Carwin wasn't that hard of a shot.

Cain also put him on queer street, which of course you'll deny, despite Brock's legs failing him afterwards.

@Jack V Savage also trains MMA incase some people didn't know. His opinions on fighting are to be taken very seriously.

"Top 10 GOAT lists are objective facts. Here's some gumballs in a jar to prove my point."

- Jack V Savage
Man, bailing out to lie about your opponent's very good analogy illustrating the plausible limits of subjectivity is some weak ass little boy shit.

Man, bailing out to lie about your opponent's very good analogy illustrating the plausible limits of subjectivity is some weak ass little boy shit.

Who bailed out, you moron?

It was a terrible analogy that made no sense, and I explained as such.

But hey, I'm sure Jack appreciates your mouth on his dick constantly.

Who bailed out, you moron?

It was a terrible analogy that made no sense, and I explained as such.

But hey, I'm sure Jack appreciates your mouth on his dick constantly.
Woof. Xanax.

Good one.

You can go now. You stuck up for your idol. Your purpose in mine and Jack's conversation has been fulfilled.
Yeah that got really sexually aggressive, guy. All I did was point out that you were lying about a good analogy, and then you're all like "BLOWJOBS WITH MEN AND BOYFRIENDS RAWR!"

I think my "Woof. Xanax." reaction was about right.

All I did was point out that you were lying about a good analogy

No @Fawlty, that was an example of a bad analogy because they don't relate to each other in the slightest. Please explain how an analogy about guessing how many gumballs in a jar that has an definitive answer, relates to subjective GOAT lists that has no definitive answer.

Oh' wait, I know your answer. Jack said it, so it is a good analogy that makes complete sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back