War Room Lounge V24: Mental Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my firm, but subjective, opinion that Michael Cera is the top p4p mixed martial artist in history.

You can't disprove it.

It is my firm, but subjective, opinion that Michael Cera is the top p4p mixed martial artist in history.

You can't disprove it.

I think Cera at No. 1 p4p in terms of his ability to win fights is exactly as likely as Mir being the second-best HW ever.

I'd think that JDS would be a bigger win than Stipe. I don't really see the issue here. What odds would you give DC against prime Cain? My view is that they're about the same.

Is this list who would win prime vs. prime, or who has been the best over the long haul?
Prime Cain was a beast, but he er really showed that against a solid opponent other than JDS.

The only thing Prime Cain would have on DC would be cario --- which is a huge factor at HW.
DC outgrapples and outstrikes him until he can't move.

You can't disprove it.
1133.gif

I tried to drum up some 1A discussion but it was pretty weak. Seems obvious to me anyone claiming a violation on that ground is off base. Why can't people just say there's a procedure to be followed without making it some Constitutional crisis?

I read a good chunk of that TRO application. I know that’s from a good firm (Gibson Dunn) and a good attorney, but IMO it is way too emotional. Almost reads like Jim Acosta wrote it. The author should have waited until he was calm, perhaps not filed it.

Is this list who would win prime vs. prime, or who has been the best over the long haul?
Prime Cain was a beast, but he er really showed that against a solid opponent other than JDS.

The only thing Prime Cain would have on DC would be cario --- which is a huge factor at HW.
DC outgrapples and outstrikes him until he can't move.

Fair issue to raise at the top. I think you can argue that DC has had a better HW career (because Cain's had two losses), but Cain was probably better at his best. There is some judgment that comes into play in determining how much to weight those factors in a discussion like this. It's irrelevant when we're talking about someone like Mir or Sylvia, though.

Fair issue to raise at the top. I think you can argue that DC has had a better HW career (because Cain's had two losses), but Cain was probably better at his best. There is some judgment that comes into play in determining how much to weight those factors in a discussion like this. It's irrelevant when we're talking about someone like Mir or Sylvia, though.

I really don't think Cain at his best had anything for DC.

DC is/was faster, had more power, better wrestler and I think he has better boxing.

DC is/was faster, had more power, better wrestler and I think he has better boxing.

Too bad we can't see it. I'd make Cain a very slight favorite, but no outcome would surprise me. I actually thought that the "very slight" would be more controversial here than the "favorite." Didn't Cain usually get the best of DC at the gym?

Too bad we can't see it. I'd make Cain a very slight favorite, but no outcome would surprise me. I actually thought that the "very slight" would be more controversial here than the "favorite." Didn't Cain usually get the best of DC at the gym?

I don't have any inside sources of him getting the better of DC, I'm just going off the eye test. I thought DC was just being deferential to Cain because he had been training at AKA longer.

Honestly I'm not even a big DC fan (him missing weight for the 08 Olympics left a bad taste in my mouth).

Just looking at their skills and where they matchup I don't see where Cain wins this fight.

I'd pick DC over any HWT in MMA history. But he can't beat Jones

I don't have any inside sources of him getting the better of DC, I'm just going off the eye test. I thought DC was just being deferential to Cain because he had been training at AKA longer.

Honestly I'm not even a big DC fan (him missing weight for the 08 Olympics left a bad taste in my mouth).

Just looking at their skills and where they matchup I don't see where Cain wins this fight.

I'd pick DC over any HWT in MMA history. But he can't beat Jones

The way I heard it was actually boosting DC. Someone else said something like, "they go super hard, and Cain doesn't always win." Maybe I'll try to break it down, and we can go at it like me and @Final Rehab did on Tyson/Ali. Maybe breaking it down in more depth would cause me to change my mind. Easily possible, especially since I'm on the fence now.

Cain is naturally a bit bigger, has better cardio, and has better dexterity in his striking and transitions. I agree with your points that DC is quicker, a better wrestler, and has more punching power.

It's probably by #1 dream fight to see. I'd favor Cain by the slightest possible margin, but I think it's perfectly plausible to say DC should be the heavy favorite.

Cain is naturally a bit bigger, has better cardio, and has better dexterity in his striking and transitions. I agree with your points that DC is quicker, a better wrestler, and has more punching power.

It's probably by #1 dream fight to see. I'd favor Cain by the slightest possible margin, but I think it's perfectly plausible to say DC should be the heavy favorite.
I think if they were to match up you'd see Cain come out the betting favorite simply because a ton of people hate DC cause of how he went after Jones.

I think DC'd win though. I just think he's all around better except for MAYBE the cardio department because Cain's basically a machine there.

I don't see Cain's cardio really coming into play. It's not like DC has shown it to be a weakness and I don't think Cain has the ability to take him down or hold him against the fence.

I don't see Cain's cardio really coming into play. It's not like DC has shown it to be a weakness and I don't think Cain has the ability to take him down or hold him against the fence.

Cain's cardio edge isn't a lesser tendency to gas but the ability to run a pace no one can match.

Prime Cain? I don't know. I think Cain is the slight favorite there. I think the wrestling is too close for either to really dominate, although DC would probably have a slight edge. Stand up, I think Cain has better technique, and just as much power.

It would've been a great fight, back when Cain was champ. Too bad they're besties.

Cain's cardio edge isn't a lesser tendency to gas but the ability to run a pace no one can match.

But I think he's a running a pace no one can match because he's beating them ot the punch, and if he isn;t he always had the ability to bully them into the cage and get the fight to floor.

I don't think that's the case vs DC. He's not going to be walking forward and spamming punches like he normally does when DC is beating him to the punch. DC is great at short punches if Cain tries to pressure him against the fence and DC has the better Takedowns/TDD.

Basically I think DC's advantages negate whatever cardio edge Cain has.

If DC had weak cardio like Black Beast or bad fight IQ like Rumble I could see Cardio coming into play but I don't see that happening.

I also think DC is a better HW than LHW because he has a huge speed advantage (not specifically Cain, the weightlcass in general). No HWT is capable of using their size as an advantage because of his ability to punch from the clinch and he's by far the best wrestler in division.

The way I heard it was actually boosting DC. Someone else said something like, "they go super hard, and Cain doesn't always win." Maybe I'll try to break it down, and we can go at it like me and @Final Rehab did on Tyson/Ali. Maybe breaking it down in more depth would cause me to change my mind. Easily possible, especially since I'm on the fence now.

Who do you take in Ali / Tyson ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back