WAR ROOM LOUNGE V21: ♫♪ Tom Lehrer Awareness Week ♪♫

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see how you'd believe that. Your posting on the topic has consisted of four elements:

1. Acknowledgement that my point is correct/denial that you disagree with it.
2. Making up another position and dishonestly attributing it to me.
3. Personal attacks.
4. Petty sniping about me to lesser posters you regard as allies (like @Madmick).

None of that suggests that you believe you "took me to town." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you thought I was wrong and that you demonstrated that, you would not:

1. Admit that I'm right.
2. Falsely attribute a different position to me.
3. Lash out angrily.
4. Seek help from people who you know would agree with you even if you were wrong.
It strikes me as funny that the whole time he has been arguing over one small fine point but rather than just put that on the table for discussion he keeps mixing it in with everything else in order to keep things murky.

But then again, I feel like you've both been repeating yourself for pages. Seems stupid for a couple of intellectual giants.

So the Proud Boys are in the city for a pub crawl and they were thrown out of one bar already.

Pretty ballsy move coming here to start fights. Might hit up Bourbon tonight l if they're out there. Might get to see someone get stabbed.

So the Proud Boys are in the city for a pub crawl and they were thrown out of one bar already.

Pretty ballsy move coming here to start fights. Might hit up Bourbon tonight l if they're out there. Might get to see someone get stabbed.
They get thrown out last night or today? It's not even noon lol.

Proud Boys is about the gayest name for a group I can imagine.

Gavin M. reminds me of a particular War Room poster, seems like a weak man with a lot of anger inside.

It strikes me as funny that the whole time he has been arguing over one small fine point but rather than just put that on the table for discussion he keeps mixing it in with everything else in order to keep things murky.

But then again, I feel like you've both been repeating yourself for pages. Seems stupid for a couple of intellectual giants.

I would have thought it would be over after the first exchange. Where do you go? It also is interesting that Republicans seem madder after she proved she was telling the truth than they were when they first heard Scott Brown's campaign dig up the claim.

[Warren] proved she was telling the truth

iu

@waiguoren, check the thread. The fact that the test backs up the story is strong evidence that she actually was told the story.

They get thrown out last night or today? It's not even noon lol.

Last night, one bar that I know of but they're here all weekend. I don't think they're the "Alt Knight" fight group dorks of theres. Still though, good chance someone gets cut this weekend.

I think the two thoughts here contradict. They are tribalist because their perspective extends from their identity. IMO, Cubo's anti-rationalist defense of Bryant here is basically the same as his attack on Warren or his willingness to scrap rule of law and democracy in 2016 while claiming to be some kind of Constitutionalist.

Meh, I don't think that is necessarily true, nor do I think Cubo's defense of Bryant as the best player of his generation to be "anti-rationalist." I apparently haven't seen the full scope of his "attack on Warren" (unless you're just talking about this exchange, which I don't think is out of line) and I have no idea about whatever position he had on 2016 and democracy.

Ripskater's the biggest and most sanctimonous tribalist in the War Room.

@Ripskater bring your prayer book AND your shinebox with you so I can melt you in front of these people, you pretentious goonbox

How's it hanging, Stretch?

After pages and pages of argument about the argument I gets all get kinda of fizzled in my mind.

So to set it all straight in my head, I don’t think I’m smarter than JVS, Trotsky, or Madmick (although I am def less bitchy than at least 1 of them :) ). And I’ll take a draw with Kafir as a compliment :).

d0530c11ee6acd58b5468a529e62d4b1.jpg

Meh, I don't think that is necessarily true, nor do I think Cubo's defense of Bryant as the best player of his generation to be "anti-rationalist." I apparently haven't seen the full scope of his "attack on Warren" (unless you're just talking about this exchange, which I don't think is out of line) and I have no idea about whatever position he had on 2016 and democracy.

Probably hinges on the definition of tribalist. I use it to contrast with a rationalist kind of approach. Any group-based identity that dominates your view puts you in that category. His defense of Bryant is A) very poor and B) appears to be motivated by his Lakers fandom. Those two things going together are not a coincidence, IMO.

In 2016, even after Clinton was exonerated, he wanted her arrested as the presidential front-runner right before the election. That Republicans were pushing for that is an unprecedented attack on our democracy. And the notion that even after law enforcement clears you, you should be arrested anyway if it's politically convenient is an attack on the rule of law.

As for how fine the point was, that's oftentimes the difference between being right and wrong. In this case I am right and Jack is wrong. Again, here's his argument. Take a crack if you think you can do better than him. Otherwise,...

Again, the fact that you cannot present my argument correctly (and given that I've already explained it clearly, honestly) says more than I can about the perceived strength of your own position, which you haven't really made clear anyway.

I would like this post if not for the "pedantic hissy fit" at the end, as I don't want to encourage your sass.

I think that's actually the most important part. What the heck is Cubo even trying to say? Whenever I try to clarify the disagreement, he denies disagreeing with me. If it's just like the example I gave (Mir shouldn't have considered himself the No. 2 HW in the world just because he beat the previous No. 2 ranked guy when he looked like absolute shit), fine. Where does the rage or accusations of dishonesty come from?

That's irrelevant to your claim.

Your statement here is factually incorrect. Are you man enough to acknowledge it?

By no one, I mean the people you are arguing with. Also, it's highly relevant to whether she ever actually claimed an actual minority status. See @Trotsky's post for more details on how that works, since you're confused apparently.

So that's a no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back