WAR ROOM LOUNGE V21: ♫♪ Tom Lehrer Awareness Week ♪♫

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am calling out you disingenuously posting things because you're in a tizzy:

Let me stop you right there. Because I know what's going on in this debate and you've already admitted you don't. Educate yourself, it's all in print. Then come back with something smart if you want to argue about some shit. Otherwise, you're like a grade-schooler throwing shadow punches in the dark. I won this debate on the merits. Anyone in a tizzy is Jack or some flunky-ass nut-huggers. Who knows. But certainly not me. I'm like this right here.

<13>

Let me stop you right there. Because I know what's going on in this debate and you've already admitted you don't. Educate yourself, it's all in print. Then come back with something smart if you want to argue about some shit. Otherwise, you're like a grade-schooler throwing shadow punches in the dark. I won this debate on the merits. Anyone in a tizzy is Jack or some flunky-ass nut-huggers. Who knows. But certainly not me. I'm like this right here.

<13>

I just told you that I read over the entire exchange and I cited to two of your posts and pointed out their flaws.

Your response was to deflect and call me a "grade-schooler" and a "flunky-ass nut-hugger" within a few minutes of my post. You can keep proudly claiming victory (it would certainly lend some explanation as to why you apparently hold certain posters in high intellectual regard) and representing that anyone who doesn't acknowledge your victory is being dishonest, but I would advise against expecting that to persuade anyone.

I just told you that I read over the entire exchange and I cited to two of your posts and pointed out their flaws.

I stopped reading where I cut off your text. Because it was wrong. So if you're leading with wrong shit then you don't deserve my attention. Try again by leading with facts if you want to contradict me.

I know I just took you to fuckin' town.

I can't see how you'd believe that. Your posting on the topic has consisted of four elements:

1. Acknowledgement that my point is correct/denial that you disagree with it.
2. Making up another position and dishonestly attributing it to me.
3. Personal attacks.
4. Petty sniping about me to lesser posters you regard as allies (like @Madmick).

None of that suggests that you believe you "took me to town." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you thought I was wrong and that you demonstrated that, you would not:

1. Admit that I'm right.
2. Falsely attribute a different position to me.
3. Lash out angrily.
4. Seek help from people who you know would agree with you even if you were wrong.

Last edited:
That's right all of you, keep penetrating each others cortex.... I am enjoying the flavors splash all over our wonderful essence...

Let the sun warm your gentle soul and a female bird enjoy your beautiful body.

Likewise, I've never considered you, nor Mick for that matter, to be a tribalist. I think your perspective generally extends from your identity, like anyone else, and I think Madmick's impulses genuinely do fall in line with right-wing identity politics and anxiety about them and his immaturity kind of just gives the color of an irrational partisan.

I think the two thoughts here contradict. They are tribalist because their perspective extends from their identity. IMO, Cubo's anti-rationalist defense of Bryant here is basically the same as his attack on Warren or his willingness to scrap rule of law and democracy in 2016 while claiming to be some kind of Constitutionalist.

Ripskater's the biggest and most sanctimonous tribalist in the War Room.

@Ripskater bring your prayer book AND your shinebox with you so I can melt you in front of these people, you pretentious goonbox

Ripskater's the biggest and most sanctimonous tribalist in the War Room.

@Ripskater bring your prayer book AND your shinebox with you so I can melt you in front of these people, you pretentious goonbox
What is your question this morning?

What does our Redeemer state in Matthew 23:37 in regards to people like you?

What prompted him to speak thus?

What is the foundatinal commandment that renders even the book of Galatians into mere garnish?

What does our Redeemer state in Matthew 23:37 in regards to people like you?

What prompted him to speak thus?

What is the foundatinal commandment that renders even the book of Galatians into mere garnish?

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

Seems a pretty off the wall verse to call out Ripskater on. Seems Jesus/God is rather upset at the people of Jerusalem for not banding together and listening to the newer prophets that were sent, and instead relishing in their organized religion aspects

Not a clue how that resulted in you so angrily calling out Ripskater

Does everyone remember what that Buffer action is from? Every time I see it, I can't help but be reminded of the one night he actually showed up and put in the effort to do a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back