War Room Lounge V20: Halloween Awareness: Dispatches Blast Yo Ass from a Pumpkin Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I understand that you irrationally believe that everyone else is as unprincipled as you are and that you use that belief to justify your own poor behavior. I already said that.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

You're a complete hypocrite, and you know it.

Oh...the irony....too good....

What do you make of the fact that credible allegations were taken seriously (well, by some of us) and others didn't get any traction?

You seriously think that her then-boyfriend's family took a look at Warren and said, "Nice girl, but we can't handle her obvious Cherokee ancestry"?

The only plausible scenario along those lines is, "Sorry, your girlfriend is delusional. She actually thinks she is a Cherokee Indian. Do not marry crazy."

I seriously think that in the '30s or '40s, a suspicion of minority lineage would have been sufficient to cause parents to oppose a marriage, even without a DNA test.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

You're a complete hypocrite, and you know it.

Again, your position is known. Everyone else is as unprincipled as you are so it's OK for you to be unprincipled also. You're not advancing the ball by constantly repeating it in ever-more aggressive tones.

I've maintained that she's been honest about the facts as she knew them, but the fact is the dna test doesn't support her labeling herself "Cherokee" or "Native American", regardless of her understanding. If she knew her lineage was that distant, those labels weren't appropriate at the time. If she assumed her relative was closer (which I think she did judging by her family stories), then the current information warrants a concession that she made an honest mistake, imo.

It supports her claim to have a distant NA ancestor.

What the problem seems to be is the conflation (in her own mind, apparently) between having a distant NA ancestor (which she was always open about) and being NA. It's fine to disagree with that, but I don't think people even understand that that's the issue. Not that she *misrepresented* her background but that she *described* it in a way that few would today.

Again, your position is known. Everyone else is as unprincipled as you are so it's OK for you to be unprincipled also. You're not advancing the ball by constantly repeating it and ever-more aggressive tones.

<1>

It supports her claim to have a distant NA ancestor.

What the problem seems to be is the conflation (in her own mind, apparently) between having a distant NA ancestor (which she was always open about) and being NA. It's fine to disagree with that, but I don't think people even understand that that's the issue. Not that she *misrepresented* her background but that she *described* it in a way that few would today.
I agree with this.

What do you make of the fact that credible allegations were taken seriously (well, by some of us) and others didn't get any traction?
There were no credible allegations.

I seriously think that in the '30s or '40s, a suspicion of minority lineage would have been sufficient to cause parents to oppose a marriage, even without a DNA test.

No one would suspect Warren or her mother off having Cherokee lineage.

iu

There were no credible allegations.

I forgot that no allegations against a Republican can be credible. MBS is getting railroaded too, right? At least, then, would you acknowledge that people made a distinction based on the perceived credibility of the accusers?

So case closed, then. You read everyone's mind at the time and know that Warren must have bizarrely just made it up.

I forgot that no allegations against a Republican can be credible. MBS is getting railroaded too, right? At least, then, would you acknowledge that people made a distinction based on the perceived credibility of the accusers?

Please lay out your reasons for Ford's accusation being credible.

Please lay out your reasons for Ford's accusation being credible.

I did that in a lot of detail in the thread on it. You read the post.

This is more of the same, too. You think, wrongly, that liberals would blindly defend a nominee who was credibly accused of sexual assault so you feel justified doing the same.

iu
How is this relevant to whether or not Warren was passed down that story from her mom? The family obviously grew up hearing about their Native American roots and were proud of it. Her first cousin made a cookbook called Pow Wow Chow, ffs.

How is this relevant to whether or not Warren was passed down that story from her mom? The family obviously grew up hearing about their Native American roots and were proud of it. Her first cousin made a cookbook called Pow Wow Chow, ffs.

White folks giving Native American recipes in a cookbook called Pow Wow Chow

That’s not offensive in the least.

Enough though. No one is changing anyone’s mind here. In today’s political landscape I really don’t see this as being a political killer even if she lied through her teeth about this whole thing

Is it smart the way she’s trying to play this currently. Hell no. She should just lay low for awhile then run on her platform

Is it smart the way she’s trying to play this currently. Hell no. She should just lay low for awhile then run on her platform

The whole reason she went through with the testing is to get it out of the way to run on her platform, and the reason that hacks are trying to suggest that she was lying and to make a big deal of it is to prevent her from running on her platform.

The whole reason she went through with the testing is to get it out of the way to run on her platform, and the reason that hacks are trying to suggest that she was lying and to make a big deal of it is to prevent her from running on her platform.

Pssh...she did it because Trump got in her head, and she thought this would be a great "gotcha" that she would be praised for. She's using it in her campaign ads, FFS.

Pssh...she did it because Trump got in her head, and she thought this would be a great "gotcha" that she would be praised for. She's using it in her campaign ads, FFS.

You're again projecting your juvenile mindset on people who don't share it.

Elizabeth said on video that her father's parents wouldn't let him marry her mother because she was Cherokee and Delaware Indian. And she said they had to elope because of that.

Who knows maybe Warren's mom was saying all this stuff back when she was young, that she was a Delaware and Cherokee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back