War Room Lounge V20: Halloween Awareness: Dispatches Blast Yo Ass from a Pumpkin Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
...exactly. The same reasoning applies to the segment above, which was my point.

Assuming no balancing segment is produced before the elections (and again, I predict that's what will happen), why would you reach that conclusion?
Oh hey, what happened to all those women that would come out of the woodwork to accuse Kavanaugh during the FBI investigation and following?

True statements like "Elizebeth Warren never claimed Native status", over, and over, and over, despite physical evidence to the contrary? Those kind of "true" statements?

Meh. This ain't about some white dude having dreds. Its about Elizebeth Warren falsely claiming to be Cherokee to benefit from it.

I don't buy into the whole "cultural appropriation" thing, but if there ever was an apt description of it, that would be it. Probably the only instance I can remember where the term was appropriately applied.
Um just who was making false claims about Warren, exactly? Do you forget already?

Unless you're claiming the test shows she's a minority it's you who should be reflecting (on why you're so reticent to acknowledge a fact your introduced). UPenn doesn't make that shit up.

Again, her claim (the very same one that was used to label her a "minority") was that she heard she had a distant NA ancestor. The test backs that up. I'm not reticent to acknowledge any facts; I'm just not *interpreting* facts in an unreasonable way to infer a claim that wasn't made and that was explicitly disavowed. It seems to me that you're just upset that I'm not putting words in her mouth (something you're normally quick to accuse others of doing, I should note).

Anyway, the thread is up. I think it is incredibly stupid and a rather obvious attempt to distract from issues. That is, Warren appears likely to run for president, and she has a very strong background and a lot of good ideas, and her political opponents would thus prefer to make the central issue be trivial identity politics stuff (her insufficient white pride). What I was commenting on here was how remarkable the transformation the WR right has made is--from tarring the mainstream left with an association with the beliefs of campus activists to fully accepting, endorsing and defending the views of those same campus activists. Though it happens a lot, I never fail to be disappointed by the willingness of those guys to abandon their stated principles in favor of partisanship. I don't wish to see liberals follow suit, but given how infighting on the left hurts the country (we wouldn't have had W or Trump as president if not for that, for example), it would be nice if there were some middle ground--holding onto principles but making intelligent choices with regard to advancing them.

Last edited:
Usually the people who are ignorant of the meaning tend not to care.

Sure. But I think we're conflating different issues.

We're talking essentially about this:

Which I think we can all agree is bad.

Cultural exchanges, fusion cuisine and music, white girls wearing cornrows, etc. is all fine, IMO. I mean, I'm not a big fan of cornrows, but they should feel free to have at it.

Um just who was making false claims about Warren, exactly? Do you forget already?

I was mistaken. I owned up to it. There's a difference.

See, if I was Jack, I'd just ignore the correction that was made, and continue on spreading falsehoods, despite evidence to the contrary.

@Ripskater
I demand a disputation concerning your statement about Catholics!

Get your ass in here Pharisee, give me a direct answer as to what our Lord and Master meant when he spoke of whitewashed sepulchres and what prompted him to speak thus. (Matthew 23:27)

A direct answer: Don't duck me.

I was mistaken. I owned up to it. There's a difference.

See, if I was Jack, I'd just ignore the correction that was made, and continue on spreading falsehoods, despite evidence to the contrary.

Not only is that incorrect, I'd also admit the error without taking a dishonest cheap shot after doing so.

Again, her claim (the very same one that was used to label her a "minority") was that she heard she had a distant NA ancestor. The test backs that up. I'm not reticent to acknowledge any facts; I'm just not *interpreting* facts in an unreasonable way to infer a claim that wasn't made and that was explicitly disavowed. It seems to me that you're just upset that I'm not putting words in her mouth (something you're normally quick to accuse others of doing, I should note).

Anyway, the thread is up. I think it is incredibly stupid and a rather obvious attempt to distract from issues. That is, Warren appears likely to run for president, and she has a very strong background and a lot of good ideas, and her political opponents would thus prefer to make the central issue be trivial identity politics stuff (her insufficient white pride). What I was commenting on here was how remarkable it the transformation the WR right has made--from tarring the mainstream left with an association with the beliefs of campus activists to fully accepting, endorsing and defending the views of those same campus activists. Though it happens a lot, I never fail to be disappointed by the willingness of those guys to abandon their stated principles in favor of partisanship. I don't wish to see liberals follow suit, but given how infighting on the left hurts the country (we wouldn't have had W or Trump as president if not for that, for example), it would be nice if there were some middle ground--holding onto principles but making intelligent choices with regard to advancing them.

I wonder what it is about the left that makes them unwilling or unable to see this. I got into an argument with some Canadian proportional representation proponents on my facebook the other day. This is a favourite hobby horse of the Canadian left, and the Canadian right whenever they would stand to benefit. They really don't seem to realize that, though it would positively tickle their taints to finally get to vote for someone with just the right stance on palestine or carbon emissions, they don't realize that there's about 15% of Canada, and indeed every western country, who are batshit insane and a further 20% who don't mind making bedfellows with them.

One person said ''I've always voted green and my vote's never been counted.'' Stop voting for a bunch of bum ass hippy losers, then. Very simple, but compromise is anathema to them. To them, democracy should be burger king: have it your way, always, only, and exactly.

Not only is that incorrect, I'd also admit the error without taking a dishonest cheap shot after doing so.

What? Its true. Even in here, you've been trying to ignore what Warren has done when called out on it. You're still touting that bullshit that all she ever did was say she had some far distant relative who was Native. As if she hasn't been busted claiming Native status on official papers, and telling bullshit sob stories about her "Cherokee" mother being discriminated against.

I wonder what it is about the left that makes them unwilling or unable to see this. I got into an argument with some Canadian proportional representation proponents on my facebook the other day. This is a favourite hobby horse of the Canadian left, and the Canadian right whenever they would stand to benefit. They really don't seem to realize that, though it would positively tickle their taints to finally get to vote for someone with just the right stance on palestine or carbon emissions, they don't realize that there's about 15% of Canada, and indeed every western country, who are batshit insane and a further 20% who don't mind making bedfellows with them.

One person said ''I've always voted green and my vote's never been counted.'' Stop voting for a bunch of bum ass hippy losers, then. Very simple, but compromise is anathema to them. To them, democracy should be burger king: have it your way, always, only, and exactly.

Longstanding issue, too:

What? Its true. Even in here, you've been trying to ignore what Warren has done when called out on it. You're still touting that bullshit that all she ever did was say she had some far distant relative who was Native. As if she hasn't been busted claiming Native status on official papers, and telling bullshit sob stories about her "Cherokee" mother being discriminated against.

No, what I said is true (weren't you just acknowledging it?). And are you also saying that you don't believe her story about her mother? I don't think anyone knows for sure, but it seems odd to doubt at least that she was told that.

No, what I said is true (weren't you just acknowledging it?). And are you also saying that you don't believe her story about her mother? I don't think anyone knows for sure, but it seems odd to doubt at least that she was told that.

Maybe she was told the story. Maybe she comes from a long lineage of lying cultural appropriators.

Maybe she was told the story. Maybe she comes from a long lineage of lying cultural appropriators.

As a baseball fan, I know there were a lot of false accusations of minority status, players with offensive nicknames related to that, etc. I mentioned how Ty Cobb once reportedly refused to room with Babe Ruth at a hunting lodge because of his (likely false) belief that Ruth had black blood. It's not a crazy story.

Just like your daddy Trump the Swede! Lock them up.

But yeah, Warren tagged her Native American lineage to "official papers", i.e. the law schools faculty directory. Then found out 30 years later her NA roots were more distant than she thought. What an outrage.

*@Ripskater when faced with a direct question*

Don't duck me bro

But yeah, Warren tagged her Native American lineage to "official papers", i.e. the law schools faculty directory. Then found out 30 years later her NA roots were more distant than she thought. What an outrage.

I think one area where there is some confusion is that the basis for her claim about being NA was her belief that she had a very small amount of NA blood. So the fact that she only said she had a distant NA ancestor and wasn't a tribal citizen or anything like that isn't inconsistent with the listing.

The outrage would come from her still playing political football with it, after she got the results back. Ignorance is one thing. If she just didn't know, and then apologized after getting the results back, that would be one thing, but she's still using it as a feather in her cap, like she proved the Native status she's been touting all these years.

Don't take my word for it though. Take the Cherokee peoples' word for it, who have denounced her, called it insulting, and told her to shut the fuck up about it.

@Ripskater
I demand a disputation concerning your statement about Catholics!

Get your ass in here Pharisee, give me a direct answer as to what our Lord and Master meant when he spoke of whitewashed sepulchres and what prompted him to speak thus. (Matthew 23:27)

A direct answer: Don't duck me.
Catholicism preaches a different Gospel of works that the book of Galatians warns us about.

Oh hey, what happened to all those women that would come out of the woodwork to accuse Kavanaugh during the FBI investigation and following?
My prediction was that another accuser would be revealed within one week of Ford's testimony. My prediction was correct.

The outrage would come from her still playing political football with it, after she got the results back. Ignorance is one thing. If she just didn't know, and then apologized after getting the results back, that would be one thing, but she's still using it as a feather in her cap, like she proved the Native status she's been touting all these years.

But she did prove what she was actually saying. Just not what she was misrepresenting as having said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back